Angelica Smith, captured hitwoman

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
Angelica Smith Peers out through the bars of her cell. She looks at the reporter and with a pleased sigh she says “Did I ‘ice’ her? Damn right I did! I put a bullet right through her eye. The bitch was dead before she hit the ground!”

‘Spike’ Sharp from the Crux Chronicle shakes his head and says “You don’t seem too upset you killed her.”

prison 059 F.jpg

“Listen, I made five grand when I shot the guy’s wife when he was running against the governor. That more than you make in five years!” Angelica proudly says. That happened in 1930, quite a sum back then. “I put a bullet in her forehead and never was caught for that one.”

assas 002 A.jpg

“You knocked off Libermann’s wife?” Spike asks amazed to hear this.

“You bet I did! But when your paying customer is the governor the cops tend to look in… shall we say… the wrong places” Angelica purrs.

“So how did you get caught killing Miss Morgan” he asks.

“I didn’t know she was doing the bureau’s top cop. I’d have never iced her in front of the movie theater but she looked damn good lying with her head blown apart as she was sprawled on the marble walk out front” Angelica brags.

assas 005 A.jpg

Spike lights a cigarette. He looks at Angelica and says “So they are going to do you tomorrow.”

tree noir 004 A.jpg

“Tomorrow’s the day. You going to be there?”

“Yeah, and taking pictures” Spike says. “You getting executed is big news.”

‘Sharp’ Spike continues Angelica’s last interview. He knows her execution will be the biggest story he’ll ever cover. “So you were seen shooting Miss Morgan. And she was the bureau chief’s squeeze. How did you stay free for so long?”

“It wasn’t easy. I took off on a Greyhound bus. I didn’t know where it was heading but no one would think of looking for me on an intercity bus. Well, I was wrong. The bureau chief was relentless. He was determined to catch me.”

Tree sw lynch 16.jpg

“He got the word out to every local cop. They were checking everywhere for me.”

sheriff 002.jpg

“But the silly cops only had a grainy photograph of me. They wouldn’t know me if I walked in and sat at their desk.”
sheriff 001.jpg

“But the bureau chief and his advisors wouldn’t give up!”

tree house tree and admi.jpg

“Ah, this bureau chief, does he have a name? I’d like to have the story right” Spike asks.

“They call him ‘Tree’… I think it is ‘T. H. Tree’ but I don’t know what his first or middle name is” Angelica explains. “Anyway, the heat was on. I found a nun and she took me in. She brought me…”

“Her name?” Spike interrupts.

angel 001.jpg

“Sister Angel. But you can’t use that in your story. She was just helping me” Angelica snaps. “I don’t want trouble to find her. She got me off the road and took me to her convent.”

palace 001.jpg

“She let me clean up and get some needed rest. She hid me in the basement of the convert. She assured me I’d be safe there.”

nuns 039.jpg

“I was safe from the law, at least!”

nuns 039.jpg

“I was safe from the law, at least!”
Hmmmm …. That may have been true in the 17th century but sanctuary on religious premises is contested or outlawed in many places today ( I believe it was outlawed in England in 1623). But then, given this is a Tree story and the convent is probably in Arkansas, she may be safe as Arkansas has yet to emerge from the 17th century.

Hmmmm …. That may have been true in the 17th century but sanctuary on religious premises is contested or outlawed in many places today ( I believe it was outlawed in England in 1623). But then, given this is a Tree story and the convent is probably in Arkansas, she may be safe as Arkansas has yet to emerge from the 17th century.
Actually, even though they don't have to, law officers avoid 'sanctuary' confrontations even today in the US.

‘Spike’ Sharp’s interview with Angelica Smith continues…

“From the law… what does that mean?” Spike asks.

“I made a dumb mistake! The nuns had treated me pretty well and I decided to try this ‘confession’ they talked about. They said I’d feel better if I got my past off my chest” Angelica tells Spike. “They told me I’d have to be naked. Having never done a ‘confession’ before… I’m not too religious… I got naked.”

nuns confession 2.jpg

“So I confessed to being a hitwoman. I told them about Mrs. Libermann and Miss Morgan.”

“And?” Spike asks.

“It felt good to get it off my soul but I didn’t know about the penance. The nun told me killing the women was wrong and she gave me a bible, put a collar around my neck and led me to the chamber.”
nuns 60 A.jpg

“I didn’t know they would help me ‘purge’ my evil acts. They told me I would have to be whipped.”

Nuns 56.jpg

“I’ve done some kinky things sexually so I was OK with that until I found out they were serious! I have never been whipped so hard!”

nuns 41.jpg

“Then the head nun screamed ‘Whip her harder’. I thought I was going to die!”

nuns 57.jpg

“They wanted me to admit I was the most evil woman walking. I wouldn’t do that. Hell, I get paid when I kill someone! Anyway, they brought me to an abbey just outside of Paris and chained me to the wall right by the entrance…”

owp 424.jpg

“Wait a minute! They sent you to France?” Sike asks.

“No, silly, Paris, Arkansas!” Angelica exclaims. “I’d be a free woman if I was in France!!!

Something tells me that Tree grew up in the Catholic Church, and that’s why nuns appear as powerful figures so frequently in his stories. Just a hunch.
I can totally relate to this!

@thehangingtree - man, I should clearly have gone to confession more frequently. Maybe make up some mortal sins to confess to, take my hundred lashes of penance, then next week admit I bore false witness for another round of penance! I’m just a bad little girl!

“Anyway, they brought me to an abbey just outside of Paris and chained me to the wall right by the entrance” Angelia said.

“I presume you weren’t left there” Spike astutely observes.

“No, the monks brought me into the abbey. It turns out I was better off with the nuns at the convent” she notes. “They took me to what they called the catacombs under the church and told me I had to admit to my sinful ways. Mind you, I was still naked from my convent ‘confession’ and there’s a couple big monks dragging me around.

abbey 156.jpg

They bring me to this priest who in the most damning voice says to me “You have refused to condemn your murderous acts. The abbot himself will tend to you until you see the errors of your ways.”

“The abbot… He’s the boss there, ain’t he” Spike asks.

“How should I know. I told you I not religious! I spent days in the catacombs bent over in some stocks and…”

Spike interrupts “It just locked your neck and wrists? That’s called a ‘pillory’”

“Whatever, but yes, it only held my neck and wrists” Angelica angrily huffs. Spike took notes in his pad he wrote in. “I thought religious people were supposed to be celibate. That damn abbot fucked my ass countless times while I was in that pillory!”

stock pillory 026 a.jpg

“He didn’t screw your pussy, did he” Spike asks. Angelica shakes her head indicting he hadn’t. Spike sighs “Then technically he didn’t break his vows. But you’re here now. Did the abbey turn you in?”

Proudly Angelica says “No way! I escaped! I gave the monk who was cleaning me up before the abbot screwed my ass again a hell of a blowjob.”

head 41 A.jpg

“I don’t think he even had such a good one as that- from a woman at least. I made a break for it.”

escape4.jpg

“Some of the hired hands took shots at me bit they all missed. I hope they’re better farmers.”

slave hunt 004.jpg

“I stopped off at a roadside inn called the ‘Dew Drop Inn. The clerk seemed more than mildly interested as I stood naked at the check in counter. He asked if I could pay for the room. We worked something out without money changing hand. That night a seedy looking man came to my room. He eyed me over and asked “You Angelica Smith?”

bar in 034.jpg

“Suppose I am. Who are you?” I asked. “He said his name was ‘Tree’ and put the handcuffs on me…”

“In the ‘Dew Drop Inn’ I got busted by Tree himself. He couldn’t be bothered to take me to the jail and had some uniformed cop haul me in.”

hc 040.jpg

“My trial didn’t take long to come up. The fucking state threw every lawyer they had on the payroll to insure I was convicted.”

court 100 A.jpg

“Since they froze my bank accounts, I had to use a court-appointed lawyer. I don’t think he has ever won a case.”

court 209.jpg

“So my case was argued before twelve old farts that were certain before my trial even began that I was guilty as hell.”

court jury 001.jpg

“Needless to say, they found me guilty.”

court 262 A.jpg

“The next day, the judge read my sentence…”

court 244 A.jpg

“They brought me to the jail and strip-searched and didn’t give me my clothes back...”

perp arrest 052 C.jpg

“…and now I’m here waiting to be hanged tomorrow” Angelica says. “That’s my story. I hope that covers everything.”

Spike lights another cigarette and says “Everything but when they stretch your neck tomorrow.”

In a rare act of kindness, Spike tosses Angelica the remained of his smokes. He figures there is not enough left to kill her before she is hanged…

‘Spike’ Sharp has left the Paris city jail. It is 1931. They don’t call it fancy names like ‘prison’ or ‘correctional institute’. It is a jail where convicted people serve time or, in Angelica’s case, waits for her execution.

Angelica reclines on the bench the county calls a bed. She smokes one of the cigarettes Spike has left with her. She looks up at the barred window when she hears a ‘thud’ and wonders what caused it.

prison 211.jpg

It repeats and curiosity gets the best of her. She gets up and looks out the window. Across the yard stands the gallows she will be hanged from tomorrow. Two men in less than clean white uniforms are resetting one of the trapdoors. A sandbag is placed on the trapdoor with a rope tied between it and the noose above it. One of the men pull a lever and there is another thud as the trapdoor swings down and bangs against the wood holding up the gallows’ platform. The sandbag falls a few feet then jerks to a stop.

One of the men says “That’s three for three and only fifty pounds of sand. I’m pretty sure it will work when they hang Smith tomorrow.”

The other replies “Let’s do it again. I don’t want to be the laughingstock when they go to hang her and the trapdoor doesn’t open.”

Angelica watches them test the gallows again. There is a perverse interest that the gallows works as it will be her using the trap tomorrow.

owp 438 b.jpg

A guard’s voice calls from behind Angelica ordering her to place her wrists through the bars. She reluctantly obeys the guard’s order but stares at the man standing by him.

prison 220 B.jpg

With her wrists securely locked in handcuffs Angelica’s cell door is opened. They guard tugs her out and she stands facing her new guest. The guard says “You got an hour with her, Mr. Tree. Don’t let her get away or we can’t hang her tomorrow.”

“She ain’t going anywhere and don’t call me ‘Mr. Tree’. That’s my father” he growls in a less than kind voice.

Tree with a drink in hand and a smoke dangling from his fingers leads Angelica out to the courtyard. He takes the woman to the base of the gallows and coldly says “That’s where they will hang you tomorrow.”

Angelia protests “I am naked! Have you no manners or shame?”

“You’ll be naked when they hang you tomorrow. You’re the one who should be shamed.”

Angelica is shocked and again protests “Putting me to death is not good enough for you? You are going to hang me naked?”

Crux Chronicle paid extra for the judge to order that. The crowd will enjoy watching your legs kick and your tits swing on your chest as your choke to death.”

As I choke to death? You mean the drop won’t kill me?” Angelica exasperatedly squeals.

“Nah, you will choke to death. It shouldn’t take more than five minutes, but you’ll have that time to consider you are dying while you hang by your neck” Tree replies.

“You would do that to me?” Angelica asks in disbelief.

“I ain’t hanging you… Blame the judge. She’s the one taking the bribe” Tree says with a satisfied coldness. He adds “This whole yard will be filled with people watching your last dance.”

Angelica looks around in disbelief.

prison 299.jpg

Tree takes her back to the jail. Angelica is locked in her cell. She paces the small room and cups her breasts.

prison 298.jpg

To no one there she asks “I’ll be naked when they hang me?!?!?!”

‘Spike’ Sharp has left the Paris city jail. It is 1931. They don’t call it fancy names like ‘prison’ or ‘correctional institute’. It is a jail where convicted people serve time or, in Angelica’s case, waits for her execution.

Angelica reclines on the bench the county calls a bed. She smokes one of the cigarettes Spike has left with her. She looks up at the barred window when she hears a ‘thud’ and wonders what caused it.

View attachment 1089999

It repeats and curiosity gets the best of her. She gets up and looks out the window. Across the yard stands the gallows she will be hanged from tomorrow. Two men in less than clean white uniforms are resetting one of the trapdoors. A sandbag is placed on the trapdoor with a rope tied between it and the noose above it. One of the men pull a lever and there is another thud as the trapdoor swings down and bangs against the wood holding up the gallows’ platform. The sandbag falls a few feet then jerks to a stop.

One of the men says “That’s three for three and only fifty pounds of sand. I’m pretty sure it will work when they hang Smith tomorrow.”

The other replies “Let’s do it again. I don’t want to be the laughingstock when they go to hang her and the trapdoor doesn’t open.”

Angelica watches them test the gallows again. There is a perverse interest that the gallows works as it will be her using the trap tomorrow.

View attachment 1090000

A guard’s voice calls from behind Angelica ordering her to place her wrists through the bars. She reluctantly obeys the guard’s order but stares at the man standing by him.

View attachment 1090001

With her wrists securely locked in handcuffs Angelica’s cell door is opened. They guard tugs her out and she stands facing her new guest. The guard says “You got an hour with her, Mr. Tree. Don’t let her get away or we can’t hang her tomorrow.”

“She ain’t going anywhere and don’t call me ‘Mr. Tree’. That’s my father” he growls in a less than kind voice.

Tree with a drink in hand and a smoke dangling from his fingers leads Angelica out to the courtyard. He takes the woman to the base of the gallows and coldly says “That’s where they will hang you tomorrow.”

Angelia protests “I am naked! Have you no manners or shame?”

“You’ll be naked when they hang you tomorrow. You’re the one who should be shamed.”

Angelica is shocked and again protests “Putting me to death is not good enough for you? You are going to hang me naked?”

Crux Chronicle paid extra for the judge to order that. The crowd will enjoy watching your legs kick and your tits swing on your chest as your choke to death.”

As I choke to death? You mean the drop won’t kill me?” Angelica exasperatedly squeals.

“Nah, you will choke to death. It shouldn’t take more than five minutes, but you’ll have that time to consider you are dying while you hang by your neck” Tree replies.

“You would do that to me?” Angelica asks in disbelief.

“I ain’t hanging you… Blame the judge. She’s the one taking the bribe” Tree says with a satisfied coldness. He adds “This whole yard will be filled with people watching your last dance.”

Angelica looks around in disbelief.

View attachment 1090002

Tree takes her back to the jail. Angelica is locked in her cell. She paces the small room and cups her breasts.

View attachment 1090003

To no one there she asks “I’ll be naked when they hang me?!?!?!”
Crucify her!

Back
Top Bottom