annoying zoom problem

Go to CruxDreams.com

poem21045

Tribunus Plebis
Every new window I open in crux forums opens in maximum screen zoom. It's an annoying problem that only happens on this website, so I know it's not a computer problem, but rather something with how I interact with the website. I can hold down command-0 to return to normal magnification, but the next screen is again at max zoom. I would like to fix the problem more permanently. Is anyone else experiencing this?
:BangHead:

Every new window I open in crux forums opens in maximum screen zoom. It's an annoying problem that only happens on this website, so I know it's not a computer problem, but rather something with how I interact with the website. I can hold down command-0 to return to normal magnification, but the next screen is again at max zoom. I would like to fix the problem more permanently. Is anyone else experiencing this?
:BangHead:
How very odd :confused:

Which browser are you using?

Please tell us what operating system, computer, browser etc you are using along with any other relevant information because I'm sure there are enough experts here to solve the problem. Sounds like a Win11 problem.

How very odd :confused:

Which browser are you using?
have you tried to delete the cruxforums cookie?
Please tell us what operating system, computer, browser etc you are using along with any other relevant information because I'm sure there are enough experts here to solve the problem. Sounds like a Win11 problem.
First, I always accept cookies. I never delete them. (Well, maybe Famous Amos. . . . By mouth.)
I'm using Safari 14.0.1 on an early 2015 model MacBook Air with a 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel i5 processor running operating system Big Sur 11.0.1.

You've got me thinking, though. I tried loading crux forums.com on Firefox. No problems. That tells me that there's something wrong with my copy of Safari. I'll try to download a new one.

First, I always accept cookies. I never delete them. (Well, maybe Famous Amos. . . . By mouth.)
I'm using Safari 14.0.1 on an early 2015 model MacBook Air with a 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel i5 processor running operating system Big Sur 11.0.1.

You've got me thinking, though. I tried loading crux forums.com on Firefox. No problems. That tells me that there's something wrong with my copy of Safari. I'll try to download a new one.
OK .... Bear with me.

Open Safari's Preferences ... Select the Websites Tab ... and tell me what Preference you're showing for the page zoom level. Mine is 125%, and displays fine on my 27 inch monitor .... but I suspect yours may be defaulting to something higher on a smaller screen.

If so, that's problem fixed ... and probably caused by a corrupted Safari Preferences file. Delete it and your Preferences will return to the default value... then you can mess with them using the Website tab in Preferences.)

If not .... well, resintalling Safari (the current version) might work

You should delete the cruxforums cookie.
Site specific settings often are stored in cookies.
There is no risk in doing so, the cookie is restored (in original state, less any potential zoom settings) next time you visit the forum.
If it helps - there is a good chance - it helps, if not, nothing has been lost!

If it was a software problem, you would have it on all pages, not just cruxforums...

OK .... Bear with me.

Open Safari's Preferences ... Select the Websites Tab ... and tell me what Preference you're showing for the page zoom level. Mine is 125%, and displays fine on my 27 inch monitor .... but I suspect yours may be defaulting to something higher on a smaller screen.

If so, that's problem fixed ... and probably caused by a corrupted Safari Preferences file. Delete it and your Preferences will return to the default value... then you can mess with them using the Website tab in Preferences.)

If not .... well, resintalling Safari (the current version) might work
Dear FrankO,

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow, the zoom level for Cruxforums.com was set at 300%. (I didn't do it; must've been a gremlin!) I reset and everything's groovy.

poem

Back
Top Bottom