Go to CruxDreams.com
Okay boys and girls...after some consideration I've decided,(after checking with an Admin),to start a thread,solely dealing with my D.I.Y Cross and Crux poses....
(Fuck knows I've taken enough pictures !! LOL...!! )
Hope you enjoy my wee contribution to the Crux scenario.... ;) ;)
Without further ado,let's do this !!.....

Okay boys and girls...after some consideration I've decided,(after checking with an Admin),to start a thread,solely dealing with my D.I.Y Cross and Crux poses....
(Fuck knows I've taken enough pictures !! LOL...!! )
Hope you enjoy my wee contribution to the Crux scenario.... ;) ;)
Without further ado,let's do this !!.....
Curious, truly curious!

Evolution of the Cross......
The original one was NOT strong enough to support a genuine "hanging-upon"....(pic 1 +2)
So I purchased some thicker wood....
(Obviously !!)
Also scratchbuilt a "Titulus" as befitted my lowly condemned status.....(pic 3)
And...as some of you will doubtless observe...I soon installed a Butt Plug, mock "Cornu" upon the upright "Stipes" !! (pics 5,6,7)
(You didn't think I'd use a REAL one,did you ??:eek::p)
20190421_182827.jpg20190515_001733.jpg20190422_083127.jpg20190515_005619.jpg20190520_133609.jpg20190520_133952.jpg20190520_140255.jpg
20190523_121731.jpg Last pic shows the proposed thicker "Patibilum".....

Last edited:
More pics of the various adornments used to re-enact my mock-crucifixion...
pic 1: The "Cornu" in all it's rubbery glory !!
pic 2 : The plastic "Crown of Thorns"....(yet to be painted)
pics 3-5 : My two "Titulae" (reversable) pinned upon "Stipes"
pic 6 : The poor fellow I imagined I'd look like....(!!)
pic 7 : The stark reality...LOL.!!
pic 8 : Where my Wrist-Cuffs were hooked upon...
20190420_131300.jpg20190426_153607.jpg20190520_133705.jpg20190520_133531.jpg20190520_133733.jpgcrux_male (22).jpg20190520_141310.jpg20190425_054442.jpg

Okay here goes....the first of the many self-gratuitous pic's of the unfortunate Baracus,"SERVITUS FUGITIVUS "* ...in various stages of humiliation and Crux-evolution... ( before I'd installed the initial "Patibilum"...) hanging upon hooks in door frame.
20190420_132510.jpg20190424_195514.jpg20190420_122349.jpg20190420_133021.jpg20190420_131809.jpg20190420_130156.jpg20190420_122301.jpg20190420_122241.jpg
*( The actual Latin inscription should read :
"SERVUS FUGITIVUS".....my spelling mistake)

Last edited:
Somebody quite rightly pointed out that the initial wall/beam hooks were too flimsy to support an actual crucified person...and I agreed.
To this end,together with the thicker Patibilum,I've got some heavy-duty hooks plus,some alternative 'O'-rings and clips....
for a more realistic hanging up in cross experience, (but ONLY in the prescence of ANOTHER person.....Safety first.)
One day I'll purchase some bondage-quality rope.....
Also a pic showing the size difference between the original Crossbeam and newer, more solid object !!
Finally most of the required tools of the trade....!!
(I totally LOVE that cordless Drill !!) :) :)

20190523_142839.jpg20190523_142929.jpg20190523_142843.jpg20190523_143201.jpg20190523_143258.jpg20190523_143151.jpg20190523_145033.jpg20190523_142839.jpg20190523_142929.jpg20190523_142843.jpg20190523_143201.jpg20190523_143258.jpg20190523_143151.jpg20190523_145033.jpg

For the benefit of those who aren't sure what that lovely picture is,on my wall....here's the original, a true Crux-classic, by (the much-missed) Repertor, "Carrying their burden"...
I would like to get a bigger version of this picture as the size doesn't quite do it justice....I.M.O
CFR 2014.jpg

Excellent work and true dedication to our cause. I'm imagining you hosting a dinner party of fellow crux enthusiasts, with one lucky guest drawn at random to experience a turn on your device as everyone else feasts around them.
Now,THERE'S a good idea.... ;)
(As long as the raffle isn't rigged,insofar that the same poor bastard/bitch doesn't keep getting the winning/losing number !!)

To be honest....
I'm considering purchasing a more robust beam,for the "Stipes"....
And also must fix-up a solid enough footrest,
so that I can be truly pictured upon the Crucifix in all my glory....
(to aid potential photo-manips)
I keep chopping my feet off because the bed is in the way,and I'm not standing high enough....!! :(
Et Comprendé...??
And I'll also do a Height-adjustable rest for the "Cornu".....
Plus a removeable base beam,so that folks can be Crucified 'X'-style
(Spreadeagled,if you like....as demonstrated,by these "unwilling" female participants... ;) )
tumblr_nbs45rITaA1trzasto1_1280-1.jpg20190524_002134.jpg
Thanks to @phlebas for the second image.

Last edited:
To be honest....
I'm considering purchasing a more robust beam,for the "Stipes"....
And also must fix-up a solid enough footrest,
so that I can be truly pictured upon the Crucifix in all my glory....
(to aid potential photo-manips)
I keep chopping my feet off because the bed is in the way,and I'm not standing high enough....!! :(
Et Comprendé...??
And I'll also do a Height-adjustable rest for the "Cornu".....
Plus a removeable base beam,so that folks can be Crucified 'X'-style
(Spreadeagled,if you like....as demonstrated,by these "unwilling" female participants... ;) )
View attachment 709959View attachment 709962
Thanks to @phlebas for the second image.

Thanks for all that Baracus, very interesting (and the use of my pic there, did you know the one you've posted is cropped?) Some comments.

I'd be happier if you used something that bolted to the patibulum rather than just screwed in like those hooks, they aren't all that robust and really aren't intended for bearing that much weight. See what your local hardware store has in terms of fittings. You could also try a good solid screw fixed to the top of the patibulum, which you could hook things over, it will take more stress.

As for the wood, there are two things to consider. First, is it strong enough? I think the wood you have there is, particularly if it is fixed to your door frame and not standing by itself. Second, does it look good? This is where larger/thicker beams come in, to give that aesthetic touch. It looks like your timber is deep enough for the job, but it would look better with something wider.

Then yes you need to work on your foot fixing, whether a footrest or a loop of some kind that you can hook your feet into. Ultimately you want to be able to get the effect of full suspension, where the weight is distributed across arms and shoulders and legs, not largely supported by your feet. That's when you will get that enhancement of the upper body and arms, that stress that looks so beautiful in properly done crux.

On this last note, first and foremost keep safety in mind. Any self crux fittings you have must hold you securely, yet be easy to get out of! That's why a loop for the feet, something you can step out of, is better than full bindings. Look at some of Makar's foot binding for ideas here. Our old friend Batman even had a cross with a pair of old shoes nailed to it, which he could slip his feet in and out of.

Think about what you are after. Personal experience, appearance, usefulness for photo manips? Ugly bindings can be photoshopped out, much harder to get the effect of actual suspended crux!

It is hard when you have limited space, as you seem to have, camera angles can be a problem, but don't give up, I'm interested to see what you can achieve and whether I might even be able to use some :) Just remember, have fun and please yourself first, all else will follow.

Excellent work and true dedication to our cause. I'm imagining you hosting a dinner party of fellow crux enthusiasts, with one lucky guest drawn at random to experience a turn on your device as everyone else feasts around them.

I like it :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all that Baracus, very interesting (and the use of my pic there, did you know the one you've posted is cropped?) Some comments.

I'd be happier if you used something that bolted to the patibulum rather than just screwed in like those hooks, they aren't all that robust and really aren't intended for bearing that much weight. See what your local hardware store has in terms of fittings. You could also try a good solid screw fixed to the top of the patibulum, which you could hook things over, it will take more stress.

As for the wood, there are two things to consider. First, is it strong enough? I think the wood you have there is, particularly if it is fixed to your door frame and not standing by itself. Second, does it look good? This is where larger/thicker beams come in, to give that aesthetic touch. It looks like your timber is deep enough for the job, but it would look better with something wider.

Then yes you need to work on your foot fixing, whether a footrest or a loop of some kind that you can hook your feet into. Ultimately you want to be able to get the effect of full suspension, where the weight is distributed across arms and shoulders and legs, not largely supported by your feet. That's when you will get that enhancement of the upper body and arms, that stress that looks so beautiful in properly done crux.

On this last note, first and foremost keep safety in mind. Any self crux fittings you have must hold you securely, yet be easy to get out of! That's why a loop for the feet, something you can step out of, is better than full bindings. Look at some of Makar's foot binding for ideas here. Our old friend Batman even had a cross with a pair of old shoes nailed to it, which he could slip his feet in and out of.

Think about what you are after. Personal experience, appearance, usefulness for photo manips? Ugly bindings can be photoshopped out, much harder to get the effect of actual suspended crux!

It is hard when you have limited space, as you seem to have, camera angles can be a problem, but don't give up, I'm interested to see what you can achieve and whether I might even be able to use some :) Just remember, have fun and please yourself first, all else will follow.

I like it :)
@phlebas ....some very good points.
Sorry I cropped your(excellent) picture it was in order to highlight the female victim...
Yes I'm formulating new ideas all the time.

I might arrange for a (removeable) steel border to go and be bolted securely inside my doorframe for the Cross to be,in turn bolted-onto and also easily removeable,(should the need arise)
I don't have a bedroom door as such the lack of space doesn't facilitate one !!*
Plus the fact I live alone makes it quite unnecessary. ;) ;)
*(Think King Tut's Burial Chamber,when first discovered with Funerary Shrines intact !!
A tight squeeze indeed...)

Last edited:
Here's some more boring (LOL) pictures,of the condemned "Baracus".....all taken when trying to get height right,and before Stipes was much improved & note crude thin initial Patibilum ....(For posing purposes)
Plus I was trying desperately to get all of myself in shot,but kept chopping off my hands and/or feet.... :( :( :mad: :cursing2::BangHead:
20190420_123342.jpg20190420_131709.jpg20190421_112517.jpg20190421_112546.jpg20190421_183042.jpg20190421_183148.jpg20190421_183242.jpg

Evolution of the Cross......
So you have a CE marking there. At least, it conforms relevant EU regulations for manufacturing crosses!;)

Nice job you do there, and thanks for posting, but honestly, I have the impression that the woodwork is a little bit thin, still. I would feel safer on thicker beams! Take care and play safe!

Good idea!:) But in my guess that you would be eager to be the 'Lucky guest', we will particularly observe the drawning procedure, so that everyone got a chance!:D

So you have a CE marking there. At least, it conforms relevant EU regulations for manufacturing crosses!;)

Nice job you do there, and thanks for posting, but honestly, I have the impression that the woodwork is a little bit thin, still. I would feel safer on thicker beams! Take care and play safe!

Good idea!:) But in my guess that you would be eager to be the 'Lucky guest', we will particularly observe the drawning procedure, so that everyone got a chance!:D
Well the Patibilum is thicker than it looks...and wider than previous versions. Hopefully the bank holiday weekend will enable me to catch up on things ??

Back
Top Bottom