Barbaria's Roman Crucifixion

Go to CruxDreams.com
This woman's agony is a spectacle! Every crack of her head on the hard wood is like a sword thrust to my spirit, her pain grinds my mood down, down. The crowd's lust is too much for me to bear!
And yet, and yet! As if nailed to my own cross I am rooted here, I cannot leave, I am entranced by what is before me! Brave and beautiful, this woman will live her last agonised hours as a piece of cheap entertainment. It stirs me deep within. It stirs me, but in what way? I moan in protest that she is treated like this, but my eyes are fixed, I am trapped by the drama played out in front of me.
And in the midst of this, I am surrounded by the locals. "I need a fucking woman!" groans one lout near me.
And they call me a barbarian!

This woman's agony is a spectacle! Every crack of her head on the hard wood is like a sword thrust to my spirit, her pain grinds my mood down, down. The crowd's lust is too much for me to bear!
And yet, and yet! As if nailed to my own cross I am rooted here, I cannot leave, I am entranced by what is before me! Brave and beautiful, this woman will live her last agonised hours as a piece of cheap entertainment. It stirs me deep within. It stirs me, but in what way? I moan in protest that she is treated like this, but my eyes are fixed, I am trapped by the drama played out in front of me.
And in the midst of this, I am surrounded by the locals. "I need a fucking woman!" groans one lout near me.
And they call me a barbarian!

Cool. Thanks to Phlebas, Wragg, Messa and others who have responded to the story as "voices" in the crowd!!! :)

Part 5.

"Dance Barbaria, dance!" chants the crowd; or at least those among them who are not too busy pairing off and copulating in the stands. And, dance I do. Nailed to a cross offers little alternative.

At first I just hang from my nailed wrists, knees bent, chin on my chest, and hair in my face. I just want to die, right then and there with the least amount of fuss. If only I somehow could just snatch away the crowd’s amusement in watching me struggle and suffer nailed to this cross, I think to myself.

But it doesn't work that way. The strain on my arms is too much, as is the searing pain in my pierced wrists. My legs have begun to cramp and my breathing is constricted. I can’t just hang here like this, I have to move.

So I try to push myself up with my legs. The pain this brings to my shattered feet is almost unbearable … the iron spikes seem to press on every nerve … but I grimace and force myself up anyway. My entire body trembles under the strain and bows out away from the stipe, swinging first to the left then back to the right. For a moment I hold myself up, gulp welcome fresh air into my lungs, and then collapse back down into my hanging position, shuddering from exertion.

Before long I am compelled to repeat the process. And then repeat it again and again. Each time I do so my ability to hold myself up wanes. I get weaker and weaker. In between I hang like a wilting leaf on the branch of a tree. I writhe and twist in a vain effort to find comfort. The wounds in my wrists and feet become larger and more painful than ever. The rivulets of blood that flow from my wrists snake down my ribs, and the stipe beneath and below my feet is stained by an expanding mass of semi-congealed blood.

My skin becomes cold and clammy, despite the intense mid-afternoon heat. I shudder and shake, convulsing violently at times. Repeatedly I throw my head back against the hard surface of the cross. If only I could knock myself unconscious, but I am too weak to do it properly. My head lolls left and right, my hair swishes back and forth across my chest, brushing my erect nipples. I can barely hold it up any more.

My executioners stand around the base of my cross, joking with one another and watching my dance from below. My sex is open to their view, but at this point I care little about that. I can only think about my desperate need to struggle up once again for another precious breath of air. I try, but this time I am just too weak. Halfway up my cramping legs refuse to push, I sway out well to the left and fall back especially hard, crying out as my tailbone smashes against the stipe so hard that the entire cross shakes.

madiosi-2015-141-forbarbv5-jpg.262446.jpeg At that point I lose control. I pee and defecate. The soldier directly below recoils, his face contorted in disgust with having the misfortune to be in the direct line of fire. The soldier behind him spreads him arms, belatedly yelling “look out” as his luckless comrade. The officer strides away, a look of absolute mirth on his face. He chuckles and mutters “idiots!” The crowd jumps to its feet, pointing gleefully at this new development and shouts huzzahs.

I lay my head back weakly against the stipe. Tears blur my vision. My humiliation is now complete. I lack the strength to save myself anymore. My breathing has become shallow, ragged and painful. I hang limply, my head lolls forward. Mesmerized, I watch my breasts rise and fall as I pant. I no longer twist and writhe; I no longer yell and scream. All I can do is moan and whimper. I am finished … crucified in the arena, one of many pieces of inhuman entertainment that will be staged this day for the entertainment of the idle masses.

The crowd quiets. I am no longer interesting. Their attention is diverted to something new going on at the other end of the arena, where a mass of half-naked men and women have been brought out and forced to kneel on the hot sand. I hear the roar of lions. I fall unconscious.

FINIS

Last edited:
Part 5.

"Dance Barbaria, dance!" chants the crowd; or at least those among them who are not too busy pairing off and copulating in the stands. And, dance I do. Nailed to a cross offers little alternative.

At first I just hang from my nailed wrists, knees bent, chin on my chest, and hair in my face. I just want to die, right then and there with the least amount of fuss. If only I somehow could just snatch away the crowd’s amusement in watching me struggle and suffer nailed to this cross, I think to myself.

But it doesn't work that way. The strain on my arms is too much, as is the searing pain in my pierced wrists. My legs have begun to cramp and my breathing is constricted. I can’t just hang here like this, I have to move.

So I try to push myself up with my legs. The pain this brings to my shattered feet is almost unbearable … the iron spikes seem to press on every nerve … but I grimace and force myself up anyway. My entire body trembles under the strain and bows out away from the stipe, swinging first to the left then back to the right. For a moment I hold myself up, gulp welcome fresh air into my lungs, and then collapse back down into my hanging position, shuddering from exertion.

Before long I am compelled to repeat the process. And then repeat it again and again. Each time I do so my ability to hold myself up wanes. I get weaker and weaker. In between I hang like a wilting leaf on the branch of a tree. I writhe and twist in a vain effort to find comfort. The wounds in my wrists and feet become larger and more painful than ever. The rivulets of blood that flow from my wrists snake down my ribs, and the stipe beneath and below my feet is stained by an expanding mass of semi-congealed blood.

My skin becomes cold and clammy, despite the intense mid-afternoon heat. I shudder and shake, convulsing violently at times. Repeatedly I throw my head back against the hard surface of the cross. If only I could knock myself unconscious, but I am too weak to do it properly. My head lolls left and right, my hair swishes back and forth across my chest, brushing my erect nipples. I can barely hold it up any more.

My executioners stand around the base of my cross, joking with one another and watching my dance from below. My sex is open to their view, but at this point I care little about that. I can only think about my desperate need to struggle up once again for another precious breath of air. I try, but this time I am just too weak. Halfway up my cramping legs refuse to push, I sway out well to the left and fall back especially hard, crying out as my tailbone smashes against the stipe so hard that the entire cross shakes.

View attachment 264477 At that point I lose control. I pee and defecate. The soldier directly below recoils, his face contorted in disgust with having the misfortune to be in the direct line of fire. The soldier behind him spreads him arms, belatedly yelling “look out” as his luckless comrade. The officer strides away, a look of absolute mirth on his face. He chuckles and mutters “idiots!” The crowd jumps to its feet, pointing gleefully at this new development and shouts huzzahs.

I lay my head back weakly against the stipe. Tears blur my vision. My humiliation is now complete. I lack the strength to save myself anymore. My breathing has become shallow, ragged and painful. I hang limply, my head lolls forward. Mesmerized, I watch my breasts rise and fall as I pant. I no longer twist and writhe; I no longer yell and scream. All I can do is moan and whimper. I am finished … crucified in the arena, one of many pieces of inhuman entertainment that will be staged this day for the entertainment of the idle masses.

The crowd quiets. I am no longer interesting. Their attention is diverted to something new going on at the other end of the arena, where a mass of half-naked men and women have been brought out and forced to kneel on the hot sand. I hear the roar of lions. I fall unconscious.

FINIS
Well, I enjoyed that - super writing Barbs!

Well done, Barb. That hanging scene is tough to get right. You made it an experience of enthralling despair. Could not look away. :)

Part 5.

View attachment 264477 At that point I lose control. I pee and defecate. The soldier directly below recoils, his face contorted in disgust with having the misfortune to be in the direct line of fire. The soldier behind him spreads him arms, belatedly yelling “look out” as his luckless comrade. The officer strides away, a look of absolute mirth on his face. He chuckles and mutters “idiots!” The crowd jumps to its feet, pointing gleefully at this new development and shouts huzzahs.

FINIS

She doesn’t dance. Not immediately.

She just hangs there, stunned.

For me now, she is my everything. I am entirely focussed on that one tortured woman on that one cross. I see nothing else but her bleeding body. I hear nothing else but her groans, and her laboured breathing.

She seems to be deliberately trying not to move, to deny us the satisfaction of seeing her dance. Hoping that death will take her before she has to push up and dance.

I am entranced. Sure, I’d seen women crucified before – hags and whores from the back streets. But this woman is perfect. Her only defects were those inflicted on her by her executioners. Why had they committed this….this….atrocity on a woman such as this?

I am overwhelmed by a feeling that I want to run down there and prise the nails out, take her home and nurse her back to health.

Then she gives up and has to push up the cross, giving the crowd the dance it craved. Her body trembles with the strain of it, and my brain quails with the strain of it.

Each time she does it, more blood pours out of her body – down her arms, down the cross. Great puddles of it join that of gladiators on the sand.

Suddenly her bladder and bowels give way, catching the numbskull soldiers by surprise, to the great amusement of the officer.

But I am not amused. Even the strongest could not survive that much blood loss. I weep as she finally gives up that unequal struggle.

Feeling unsettled, disgusted with myself for having called out for her torture, I finally tear my eyes away. As I turn, I meet the eyes of another man. As I look into them, I see that I am not alone in feeling the way that I do.

So sad, so moving, the death of this woman has affected me profoundly. My reactions are mixed, horror and excitement both. I am ashamed at my arousal, sadened by the cruelty, confused and uncertain about myself.
I turn my head away, reluctantly. I meet the eyes of another man.
Do I see something there? Is there a meeting of our spirits, an understanding, a shared reaction?
And if there is, what of it. What can we do, two among so many?
What can we do against this world of cruelty?
Ah fuck it all! There must be a caupona in this gods forsaken town where I can forget what I have seen, or at least try to forget!

Will I ever be able to forget . . . . . . . ?

Barb, you've done it again. An immensely powerful piece of writing. I am as affected by as is my alter ego up there in the stadium.

Madiosi's images, too. Incredible.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping:

Are we to understand our precious Barb wasn't even the "main event"???:confused: How insulting!:mad: And to drive Wragg to tears! A rare feat indeed...:eek: Yet another masterpiece!:bdsm-heart:
Oh precious Barb, you have suffered so much.
I watch from the tunnel, the noise of the crowd scares me so much.
But you were so brave!
Can I be, when my time comes :eek:
So sad, so moving, the death of this woman has affected me profoundly. My reactions are mixed, horror and excitement both. I am ashamed at my arousal, sadened by the cruelty, confused and uncertain about myself.
I turn my head away, reluctantly. I meet the eyes of another man.
Do I see something there? Is there a meeting of our spirits, an understanding, a shared reaction?
And if there is, what of it. What can we do, two among so many?
What can we do against this world of cruelty?
Ah fuck it all! There must be a caupona in this gods forsaken town where I can forget what I have seen, or at least try to forget!

Will I ever be able to forget . . . . . . . ?

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the comments and "likes". :)

Last edited:
Barb you suffer so much for us. you hang there naked an broken, trying your best to live a little longer only to betrayed by your battered body. your loss of blood an the whipping you endured put a strain on your body. yet you endured for our enjoyment as we watched you fade away.

Back
Top Bottom