Bataan Barb

Go to CruxDreams.com
An amazing alternative ending, Lox. Opens up all kinds of possibilities like General Homma ordering Ohno to do the honorable thing and step in front of a speeding lorry.
Or such as : Captain Tanaka sent Lieutenant Moore to Japan, where she became the lover/sex slave of Tokyo Rose.
After the war, MacArthur gave her a new identity (the Midwest girl) to avoid embarassement, and Tanaka found her again and married her.:rolleyes:

Or such as : Captain Tanaka sent Lieutenant Moore to Japan, where she became the lover/sex slave of Tokyo Rose.
After the war, MacArthur gave her a new identity (the Midwest girl) to avoid embarassement, and Tanaka found her again and married her.:rolleyes:
Or Captain Tanaka sent Lt Moore to Japan, where she learned the fine art of tea making, moving to Kyushu in 1945 to study the art of Ramen preparations in Nagasaki

Or Captain Tanaka sent Lt Moore to Japan, where she learned the fine art of tea making, moving to Kyushu in 1945 to study the art of Ramen preparations in Nagasaki
Given what I know of Barb's cooking ability, she would probably burn the Ramen noodles to a crisp.

... “We ... American,” added Natalie, sounding like a character addressing an invading alien on a science fiction radio program ... - We all do this right, as if staccato speak had some built in translation facility :)

An equally eloquent, (loved the opening paragraph that very much set the scene) but more tranquil chapter ... however, is the calm before another oncoming storm? I am waiting, breath bated, to find out ...
Good one trying to get thru it ... hard to explain

I was am officer for twenty years and I really like how you describe the responsibility an officer feels for the men and women that depend on him/her.
I don’t know if you have any military background, but you really did a good job getting the insight view.
Very good and as always very exciting!

Seventy-nine years ago tomorrow, May 10th, the last American commander on the Philippines, General William Sharp will surrender the last American troops. General Masaharu Homma had been given 50 days to wrap up the conquest. It took over five months! The biggest factor was the Filipino troops' staunch opposition which was not expected. Even though poorly armed, they fought bravely and were treated even worse by the Japanese than were the American's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom