Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
My favorite was "The Rifleman," starring Chuck Connors. I mention this only because in one episode The Rifleman was tied to a wagon wheel. He was bare chested, and he was sweating and writhing in the hot New Mexico sun. As a child, the scene made me very uncomfortable at the time; I realize now that it was because he was the wrong sex to be tied up and sweating and writhing like that.
OMG - precisely my feelings for that same scene. I don't know when that episode aired, but the series was from my ages of 10 to 15 (mostly the younger range, I tired of it in my teens). One of the difficulties for me was juvenile polymorphous perversity. My sexual interest was still vague between male and female bodies - with, of course, the guilt of erotic excitement at my own sex.

Being German, you may also be interested in a message I posted on page 19 (#375) of this thread about a 2013 German film called "Wild Land" in the U.S. and originally "In Einem Wilden Land." The movie was about the Germans who settled a large area of Texas around the towns of New Braunfels and Fredricksburg, Texas, and their relations, both hostile and romantic, to the Native Americans there.
Thanks for that hint, Jon. I am aware of that film, through no other source than CF, of course. I haven't had the opportunity to look into it (as in "watch it").

When it comes to Germany and the Wild West, one of the great names is of course Karl May. His -- somewhat romanticised -- potrait of the Native Americans in his various books formed the picture of Indians for many generations of children and young adults. And despite the rampant political correctness nowadays the term "Indianer" is broadly carrying positive connotations.

May never actually visited the lands of the Apaches he wrote so much about. He did travel to the US, but long after the books had been published, and only to the East Coast.

Quite frankly, I am surprised, nay, astound, that this film has not come up already:

The Ledge (2011)

L01.png

Shana (played by Liv Tyler, who always looks a bit suffering) falls in love with her new neighbour, but her bible-thumping husband will have none of that. Eventually the situation escalades into his kidnapping her and tying her semi-naked to a chair. It shall not remain unmentioned that she is also fitted with a fetching whiffle ball gag, if you are into that sort of thing.

Liv's bondage position (with her kind of hugging the back rest), although a bit awkward, is definitely more interesting than the standard tied-to-a-chair routine. Add to that some agreeable rope work and the aforementioned oral restraint, and you are in for a treat. The gag strap could be buckled a bit tighter, but that's complaining for complaining's sake.

Oh, and I adore her cross-eyed look at the beretta barrel (I know I shouldn’t).

L02.pngL03.pngL04.pngL05.pngL06.pngL07.pngL08.pngL09.png

I do own a copy of the film, but I watched it only once, and years ago – a circumstance that supports me in not spoiling anything. If memory serves, The Ledge is a decent enough thriller that succeeds in pulling off the scene in question in a not too gratuitous way.

Attachments

• L08.png
    L08.png
    479.8 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Thanks for that hint, Jon. I am aware of that film, through no other source than CF, of course. I haven't had the opportunity to look into it (as in "watch it").

When it comes to Germany and the Wild West, one of the great names is of course Karl May. His -- somewhat romanticised -- potrait of the Native Americans in his various books formed the picture of Indians for many generations of children and young adults. And despite the rampant political correctness nowadays the term "Indianer" is broadly carrying positive connotations.

May never actually visited the lands of the Apaches he wrote so much about. He did travel to the US, but long after the books had been published, and only to the East Coast.
Note to self: Watch "The Ledge" (see msg above.) Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Liv Tyler half naked, bound and ball gagged.)
Read a Karl May book.

Thanks for the heads up, Venom.
And despite the rampant political correctness nowadays the term "Indianer" is broadly carrying positive connotations.

BTW, In WW II (and I think, still today,) British and American pilots called enemy aircraft "bandits." German pilots, perhaps due to the influence of Karl May's books, called enemy aircraft "Indianer."

BTW, In WW II (and I think, still today,) British and American pilots called enemy aircraft "bandits." German pilots, perhaps due to the influence of Karl May's books, called enemy aircraft "Indianer."

In post-war Germany, American soldiers were surprised when encountering "Cowboy und Indianer", as the GIs often had not expected this game being known, let alone popular in Europe.

I just found a colorized historical photo on the webpage of the colorizing artist "Dana Keller" which might make you understand why the German pilots during WW II could have called especially the US-Pilots "Indianer":

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.11.11_13h20m30s_050_.jpg :);)

Imagine a German pilot looking to the cockpit of an enemy warplane and seeing this haircut!
They suddenly knew then they had lost the war when even the Iroquois were fighting against them in their own warplanes! :eek::facepalm:

I just found a colorized historical photo on the webpage of the colorizing artist "Dana Keller" which might make you understand why the German pilots during WW II could have called especially the US-Pilots "Indianer":

View attachment 997021 :);)

Imagine a German pilot looking to the cockpit of an enemy warplane and seeing this haircut!
They suddenly knew then they had lost the war when even the Iroquois were fighting against them in their own warplanes! :eek::facepalm:
Put on the war paint!!

Liv's bondage position (with her kind of hugging the back rest), although a bit awkward, is definitely more interesting than the standard tied-to-a-chair routine.

I would still say: The moron tied her the wrong way around!

View attachment 997021 :);)

Actually, these guys are not pilots, but paratroopers of the 101st Airborne Division (The Screaming Eagles.) Specifically, they're members of the 1st Demolition Section of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment. This unit was known as the "Filthy Thirteen" and was the basis for the book and movie "The Dirty Dozen." Their real life exploits make for some fascinating reading:

The HBO series "Band Of Brothers" was based on the same division and regiment, different company: Company E ("Easy Company) of the 506th.

As I’m not much of a mainstream movie fan (with a few exceptions), I have a couple of independent and low-budget films on my list – one of which happens to be:

Defective (2017)

D01.pngD02.png

Near future. The Preservers of Peace, Universal Soldier-esque units, are on the rise to establish an iron-fisted police state. Jean (Raven Cousens) and her brother try to stop them, and you may guess how that works out. Jean is apprehended and subjected to the transformation process to become a Preserver – because a girl who weighs 50 kg soaking wet is prime riot control material (or maybe it’s a symbolical punishment).

First she’s put through the wringer by means of a questionable medical procedure whilst being strapped to a pivoting frame. Then, tied to a wheelchair, she receives “re-orientation” by being forced to watch a fellow inmate being eviscerated.

D03.pngD04.pngD05.pngD06.pngD07.pngD09.pngD10.pngD11.png

Defective is not a good film. I stumbled upon it, watched a bit, stopped, watched some more another day and so on. The script allows itself multiple blunders, and the action sequences fall flat. However, the film does a decent enough job of introducing the world to the viewers, thus keeping them mildly invested until the juicy scenes begin. The female lead character is insofar interesting as she tilts neither too far towards amazon nor too far towards damsel in distress.

Last edited:
Brought up a nice catch yesterday while net trawling. These scenes are from the Flemish police series "Zone Stad," set in Antwerp, Belgium. It ran from 2002-2013. It seems to be chock full of bondage scenes in which one of the stars of the show, Fien (Lien van de Kelder) winds up in peril.

In this scene she is captured by the villain, who renders her unconscious with chloroform. She awakens in a pool that is slowly filling, naked and with her wrists and ankles zip tied to rings in the bottom of the pool. She has a discussion with the bad guy, who helpfully informs her that his (mother, wife, daughter--not sure about the relationship) committed suicide by opening the tap to the pool, and zip tying herself in this very spot. We get a quick glance of the unfortunate woman doing just that. The guy then pulls a condom out of his pocket and kneels behind Fien, I guess to send her off with a bang (so hopefully the previous woman was his wife; I'd hate to think this guy's some kind of pervert) but Fien bites him on the hand, and when he goes off to treat the wound she manages to escape.

zone stad5.pngzone stad6.pngzone stad1.pngzone stadt2.png

zone stad7.png

Here's a few other random scenes with Fien in bondage which I don't know anything about.

Screenshot_2021-05-02 Zone stad (2003).pngScreenshot_2021-05-02 Zone stad (2003)(1).pngScreenshot_2021-05-02 Zone stad (2003)(3).pngScreenshot_2021-05-02 Zone stad (2003)(2).png

Unfortuanately I don't know what episode or year these scenes are from. If anyone knows anything about this series, please give us the 411.

Brought up a nice catch yesterday while net trawling. These scenes are from the Flemish police series "Zone Stad," set in Antwerp, Belgium. It ran from 2002-2013. It seems to be chock full of bondage scenes in which one of the stars of the show, Fien (Lien van de Kelder) winds up in peril.

In this scene she is captured by the villain, who renders her unconscious with chloroform. She awakens in a pool that is slowly filling, naked and with her wrists and ankles zip tied to rings in the bottom of the pool. She has a discussion with the bad guy, who helpfully informs her that his (mother, wife, daughter--not sure about the relationship) committed suicide by opening the tap to the pool, and zip tying herself in this very spot. We get a quick glance of the unfortunate woman doing just that. The guy then pulls a condom out of his pocket and kneels behind Fien, I guess to send her off with a bang (so hopefully the previous woman was his wife; I'd hate to think this guy's some kind of pervert) but Fien bites him on the hand, and when he goes off to treat the wound she manages to escape.

View attachment 1003018View attachment 1003024View attachment 1003020View attachment 1003019

View attachment 1003017

Here's a few other random scenes with Fien in bondage which I don't know anything about.

View attachment 1003023View attachment 1003026View attachment 1003021View attachment 1003025

Unfortuanately I don't know what episode or year these scenes are from. If anyone knows anything about this series, please give us the 411.

Thanks, @Jon Smithie. I had posted the video link for Fien's final episode (S7E13) earlier in this thread -- the first three photos of your "random scenes" are from that episode which (SPOILER ALERT) she doesn't survive:

Another crime series with a tortured policewoman, and another bad end, but considerably more graphic: this one is from the Belgian crime series "Zone Stad", Series 7 Episode 13. The main female cop over the previous seven series is kidnapped by the baddies and put in various fetish bondage gear over the course of episodes 12 and 13. The final climatic (not in that sense) torture scene starts at 35:50 in this video:

The damsel is chained up in leather with raised hands and a ball gag. She is then branded on the shoulder, with her father gagged and tied up forced to watch. In the next scene, she and her father are then both tied up with nooses around their necks standing on a wobbly board. Cue last-minute rescue attempt which only one of them survives...

The Dailymotion uploader for the link in my previous post has every episode of Zone Stad in full -- that should include the swimming pool scene, but as I don't know which episode number that is, it may take a bit of searching.

View attachment 1003018View attachment 1003024View attachment 1003020View attachment 1003019

View attachment 1003017

View attachment 1003023View attachment 1003026View attachment 1003021View attachment 1003025

I've found the relevant episode for the first scene now. It's S6E11 "Moeders en hoeren" ("Mothers and Whores"). The swimming pool scene on its own is here:

The entire episode is here:

I have to say, if this is a swimming pool it's not scoring high on the decoration and amenity scale. On the other hand, I can't quite figure out what else it is if not a swimming pool -- why have a large concrete basin in your basement that you can fill with water?

Last edited:
I've found the relevant episode for the first scene now. It's S6E11 "Moeders en hoeren" ("Mothers and Whores"). The swimming pool scene on its own is here:

The entire episode is here:

I have to say, if this is a swimming pool it's not scoring high on the decoration and amenity scale. On the other hand, I can't quite figure out what else it is if not a swimming pool -- why have a large concrete basin in your basement that you can fill with water?
Awesome, thanks so much, nsur. The picture is a whole lot clearer than the Boundhub clip that I made the screencaps from. I watched most of the episode, trying to get some sense of what was going on. I've read that Dutch is the easiest language for English speakers to learn, and I could pick up a few things from the subtitles, but may well have misinterpreted what I think they were talking about. So I take it that the woman who killed herself by drowning was the bad guy's mother? and that maybe Fien's father was somehow involved? Or maybe Fien just looked like his mother? Or maybe it was Fien's mother who killed herself because Fien's father was fucking the bad guy's mother? Or maybe Dutch just isn't that easy for English speakers to understand?

why have a large concrete basin in your basement that you can fill with water?
Yeah, there's only one reason I can think of.

Thanks, @Jon Smithie. I had posted the video link for Fien's final episode (S7E13) earlier in this thread -- the first three photos of your "random scenes" are from that episode which (SPOILER ALERT) she doesn't survive:

The Dailymotion uploader for the link in my previous post has every episode of Zone Stad in full -- that should include the swimming pool scene, but as I don't know which episode number that is, it may take a bit of searching.
Yes, I had forgotten about this. Getting old, you know. I love the way the bad guy sings "I'm gonna fuck him up," in perfect, unaccented American English. American street culture is probably our greatest export.

I was in the mood for a horror movie and briefly watched "Are You Scared?" which really was pretty horrible. It's a blatant "Saw" ripoff, with the puzzle master sounding just like Jigsaw. I don't ordinarily care for all the contrived blood and gore, but this was pretty comical.

In the opening scene we see an attractive young woman walking cautiously down a hall. She is barefoot and shackled. Note the blue lights on the collar. In the movie they are pulsing, and it's obvious they were added in post production. I suppose because the director wanted to punch up the fact that she's wearing an obedience collar that apparently pushes nails into her neck if she doesn't comply. Her task is to push two buttons in sequence and within a given time to win the modeling contract she's been promised. Sounds simple, right? Bwa-ha-ha! She just has to walk down a corridor of broken glass to push the first button, then walk back and dunk her head in a full tank to push the other.

Screenshot_2021-05-03 Are You Scared (2006).pngScreenshot_2021-05-03 Are You Scared (2006)(1).pngScreenshot_2021-05-03 Are You Scared (2006)(2).pngruscared4.pngruscared3.png

ruscared5.pngBut it's a tank full of acid! Sorry honey, no modeling contract for you. You didn't push the second button in time.

ruscared6.pngThis is supposed to be the modest and shy "good girl" of the group. Not being judgey here, but this did seem like an odd fashion choice for her character.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks so much, nsur. The picture is a whole lot clearer than the Boundhub clip that I made the screencaps from. I watched most of the episode, trying to get some sense of what was going on. I've read that Dutch is the easiest language for English speakers to learn, and I could pick up a few things from the subtitles, but may well have misinterpreted what I think they were talking about. So I take it that the woman who killed herself by drowning was the bad guy's mother? and that maybe Fien's father was somehow involved? Or maybe Fien just looked like his mother? Or maybe it was Fien's mother who killed herself because Fien's father was fucking the bad guy's mother? Or maybe Dutch just isn't that easy for English speakers to understand?
Unfortunately, the aspect ratio on Dailymotion is wrong. I downloaded the video and watched it in VLC with the aspect ratio corrected to 16:9. Much more pleasant viewing experience.

As to the plot, I didn't bother watching much of the build up earlier in the episode, and although Dutch is closer to German than to English, I didn't get some of the details either. IMDb has an episode guide for Zone Stad in (pidgin) English, and their summary for this episode is:

Tom suspects Maarten De Ryck of the basement murder on a women looking alike Fien, she stands by her lover, who has an alibi. Plumber Patrick Libotte, Maarten wildest fan, makes a confession Fien chooses to believe, Lucas and Tom see trough. Tom hires Ruige to help investigate his father's death in the 1970s. Jimmy is finally recovered enough to return to duty, but feels guilty having developed his own substance problem.

From which I gather that Fien and the baddie (Maarten) are lovers, and that he always dates her type as they remind him of his mother.

It looks to me like there are two separate flashbacks in the final scene -- one to a traumatic childhood experience when the baddie spied his mother getting fucked doggie style on the bed, and another when he was adult and a different woman (called Elise) got drowned. Not sure she meant to die or whether it was some sex game gone wrong, but it may be significant that the two ziptied drowning women were both tied naked doggie style, just like his mother was in the childhood flashback. At one stage, Baddie tells Fien that "all women are either mothers or whores -- just like you" (hence the title of the episode), and Fien assures him that she wants to have children and will be a good mother, but Baddie doesn't buy it and accuses Fien of only thinking of her career (which by definition puts her in the "whore" camp).

Not sure what role Fien's father plays in this episode, except that the episode guide says that earlier in the series, he warned Fien not to trust her new lover. Incidentally, her father is the old guy who is noosed together with Fien in her death scene in Series 7.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the aspect ratio on Dailymotion is wrong. I downloaded the video and watched it in VLC with the aspect ratio corrected to 16:9. Much more pleasant viewing experience.

As to the plot, I didn't bother watching much of the build up earlier in the episode, and although Dutch is closer to German than to English, I didn't get some of the details either. IMDb has an episode guide for Zone Stad in (pidgin) English, and their summary for this episode is:

Tom suspects Maarten De Ryck of the basement murder on a women looking alike Fien, she stands by her lover, who has an alibi. Plumber Patrick Libotte, Maarten wildest fan, makes a confession Fien chooses to believe, Lucas and Tom see trough. Tom hires Ruige to help investigate his father's death in the 1970s. Jimmy is finally recovered enough to return to duty, but feels guilty having developed his own substance problem.

From which I gather that Fien and the baddie (Maarten) are lovers, and that he always dates her type as they remind him of his mother.

It looks to me like there are two separate flashbacks in the final scene -- one to a traumatic childhood experience when the baddie spied his mother getting fucked doggie style on the bed, and another when he was adult and a different woman got drowned. Not sure she meant to die or whether it was some sex game gone wrong, but it may be significant that the two ziptied drowning women were both tied naked doggie style, just like his mother was in the childhood flashback. At one stage, Baddie tells Fien that "all women are either mothers or whores -- just like you" (hence the title of the episode), and Fien assures him that she wants to have children and will be a good mother, but Baddie doesn't buy it and accuses Fien of only thinking of her career (and hence by definition puts her in the "whore" camp).

Not sure what role Fien's father plays in this episode, except that the episode guide says that earlier in the series, he warned Fien not to trust her new lover. Incidentally, her father is the old guy who is noosed together with Fien in her death scene in Series 7.
Thanks, that makes more sense than whatever it was I came up with. It's a pretty hot scene regardless of the backstory. Still, a little context makes it even better.

Back
Top Bottom