Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
View attachment 921704 This is rather 'suffocated at the stake'! :eek:
which may have been the actual cause of death when people were burnt at the stake,
in most of Europe, wood needs drying off before it makes a blaze,
for executions, damp wood would have sufficed, slow burning made for a slower death,
and more likely by suffocation, dehydration etc. rather than high-temperature burning.

which may have been the actual cause of death when people were burnt at the stake,
in most of Europe, wood needs drying off before it makes a blaze,
for executions, damp wood would have sufficed, slow burning made for a slower death,
and more likely by suffocation, dehydration etc. rather than high-temperature burning.
But even when someone got a nice good blaze going, the fire itself would have (as I understand it) caused a lack of oxygen for breathing, and/or superheated the air around the victim so that the likely effect would have been some sort of asphyxiation due to heat overpowering the lungs, and the person would expire long before they were entirely burned (which is not to say that there wouldn't have been some burning around the feet and legs especially, as the fire really got going). I know this is all fantasy speculation here, but back in the day I'm not sure I would have been one to frequent these spectacles. :confused: :eek:

But even when someone got a nice good blaze going, the fire itself would have (as I understand it) caused a lack of oxygen for breathing, and/or superheated the air around the victim so that the likely effect would have been some sort of asphyxiation due to heat overpowering the lungs, and the person would expire long before they were entirely burned (which is not to say that there wouldn't have been some burning around the feet and legs especially, as the fire really got going). I know this is all fantasy speculation here, but back in the day I'm not sure I would have been one to frequent these spectacles. :confused: :eek:
What a delightful discussion. Not that I am complaining!

Not at all fantasy. There are people who have carried out experiments about that (with dummy condemned of course). Measurements of temperature and analysis of the air confirm the deadly impact of hot, toxic air within a few minutes; long before burning itself would kill.

Not at all fantasy. There are people who have carried out experiments about that (with dummy condemned of course). Measurements of temperature and analysis of the air confirm the deadly impact of hot, toxic air within a few minutes; long before burning itself would kill.
I agree that part is not fantasy. The bit about being interested and/or excited/aroused by BATS is fantasy, at least for me it is. ;)

Yes, I'm sure firefighters need to understand the medical science, and there will have been plenty of research into the many ways a fire can prevent breathing, and cause other traumata (clinical shock etc.) that would lead to pretty rapid death before the victim's body had been much burnt.

there is a big difference between a random fire in a building and a stake burning. most deaths by fire in the regular world are actually suffocation deaths. however, a stake burning is specifically designed to prevent that sort of thing. as the oxygen is consumed, new oxygen is pulled in to replace it, and while the heat from the fire is deadly, it's not immediately lethal. remember, there's a difference between something that WILL kill you and something that is INSTANTLY killing you.

oddly enough, most deaths at the stake would have been caused by drowning... i know that sounds weird, but what would happen is that as the superheated air rose, eventually it would be inhaled, and the lungs would be seared, causing a slow suffocation while the person burned.

there is a big difference between a random fire in a building and a stake burning. most deaths by fire in the regular world are actually suffocation deaths. however, a stake burning is specifically designed to prevent that sort of thing. as the oxygen is consumed, new oxygen is pulled in to replace it, and while the heat from the fire is deadly, it's not immediately lethal. remember, there's a difference between something that WILL kill you and something that is INSTANTLY killing you.

oddly enough, most deaths at the stake would have been caused by drowning... i know that sounds weird, but what would happen is that as the superheated air rose, eventually it would be inhaled, and the lungs would be seared, causing a slow suffocation while the person burned.
Absolutly. Theres no way sensible, i.e. not overly theatrical fire would suffocate you at all. It would be horrendously slow. There are real life videos ( not erotic in any way i might add) of people burning and it goes on forever

Edit: they could have made it erotic, but mainly acts of impromptu clownery & evil, so not

Absolutly. Theres no way sensible, i.e. not overly theatrical fire would suffocate you at all. It would be horrendously slow. There are real life videos ( not erotic in any way i might add) of people burning and it goes on forever

Edit: they could have made it erotic, but mainly acts of impromptu clownery & evil, so not
i've seen quite a few, and have done more than a little research on the topic. there was one from Guatemala that last seemingly forever, and only ended when the mob finally had enough and just poured lighter fluid on her. the most amazing ones are the people who are actually able to survive burnings (for a little while, anyway; they usually don't live long after), despite having the ordeal last quite a while. burnings are horrific.

obviously, most accidental fire deaths aren't the same type of thing, especially inside an enclosure.

i've seen quite a few, and have done more than a little research on the topic. there was one from Guatemala that last seemingly forever, and only ended when the mob finally had enough and just poured lighter fluid on her. the most amazing ones are the people who are actually able to survive burnings (for a little while, anyway; they usually don't live long after), despite having the ordeal last quite a while. burnings are horrific.

obviously, most accidental fire deaths aren't the same type of thing, especially inside an enclosure.
I think a lot of us BatS fetishists have stumbled across that particular video

I think a lot of us BatS fetishists have stumbled across that particular video
that a pretty infamous one. she lasts the better part of an hour in agony. there's a follow up where the fire is out and she is still alive and screaming, and that's when someone comes by and dumps the lighter fluid.

there's another one from india that actually goes more than an hour. if anything, i think we underestimate how long they take when we try to make it erotic.

that a pretty infamous one. she lasts the better part of an hour in agony. there's a follow up where the fire is out and she is still alive and screaming, and that's when someone comes by and dumps the lighter fluid.

there's another one from india that actually goes more than an hour. if anything, i think we underestimate how long they take when we try to make it erotic.
Yup. I still don't understand why they didn't even bother to do them properly. Chasing someone around trying to light them on fire is not a very efficent way of taking care of that particular form of execution.

Back
Top Bottom