Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
Really quite a nasty way to go. Suffocation would be the kindest option.View attachment 888982

I think this one is very merciful. Having had a chance to put a WWII Commando choke hold on someone (THEY VOLUNTEERED and there was an instructor there and O am a junior instructor in some weapons) I was surprised how fast you can render someone unconscious by closing off the carotid artery.

With the rope pressing in the right place the victim would be dead in less than 2 minutes.

kisses

willowfall

Brings to mind something I read years ago, that the least painful way to die (other than naturally in your sleep) is freezing. Anyone hear anything different?

Especially with copious amounts of alcohol in the system. In the college town where I live we, sadly, hear often of students freezing to death outdoors after falling asleep in the aftermath of drinking parties.

Brings to mind something I read years ago, that the least painful way to die (other than naturally in your sleep) is freezing. Anyone hear anything different?

You know I love when someone claims this (and Poem I don't mean you).

Has anyone EVER ASKED someone who actually died of freezing to death? And how would the deceased be able to compare it to for example the pain from dying by hanging? You only die once (that we remember) you know.

When someone actually interviews those who have died from various methods and develops a way to measure what is more or less painful please let me know.

Until then anything else is speculation.

kisses

willowfall

Has anyone EVER ASKED someone who actually died of freezing to death? And how would the deceased be able to compare it to for example the pain from dying by hanging? You only die once (that we remember) you know.

When someone actually interviews those who have died from various methods and develops a way to measure what is more or less painful please let me know.

kisses

willowfall
There are accounts from plenty people who have been brought back from near death from freezing. Rescued and revived in hospital. Often report feeling warm and delirious, a hypoxia type detachment in the period before slipping into a deep sleep.

According to some, the most painless way to die is a fatal heartattack right during an orgasm.
It is only a hell of a job for the mortician to get the smile from your dead face afterwards.:roto2palm:

Ok, it’s off topic but to wrap this up, the least painful way to die must be by close proximity to adequate quantity of high explosive

the shock wave travels WAY faster than human nerve impulses

you literally wouldnt know anything about it

I wasn't counting sudden violent means. If one includes those, I would guess being at ground zero of an atomic bomb would be painless since you're instantly vaporized.

I was thinking more of slow ways to die, including executions. Certainly burning to death (and not smoke inhalation) would be at the other end of the spectrum of pain, along with flaying, the 1000 cuts method, and breaking on the wheel. Crucifixion, of course, also falls there.

I wasn't counting sudden violent means. If one includes those, I would guess being at ground zero of an atomic bomb would be painless since you're instantly vaporized.

I was thinking more of slow ways to die, including executions. Certainly burning to death (and not smoke inhalation) would be at the other end of the spectrum of pain, along with flaying, the 1000 cuts method, and breaking on the wheel. Crucifixion, of course, also falls there.
Ok. On that note i suppose long drop hanging would win quickest execution death. Terrifying build up aside. Crucifiction the slowest if designed that way. Extra ropes for support, drinks of water etc

Most painful would be subject to individual characteristics. Some people feel different pains to different degrees.
Broken bones v burning totally different experience for different people

kisses

willowfall

Well of course it's speculative. This whole website is speculative, in a general sense!

The article I read was written by an anesthesiologist. She theorized that, as one becomes colder, blood moves toward the trunk away from the extremities, the nerves in the skin shut down, and very little pain occurs. This can be seen in people with frostbite who may smash their toes or fingers into something, breaking them, but not even know they did it.

Well of course it's speculative. This whole website is speculative, in a general sense!

The article I read was written by an anesthesiologist. She theorized that, as one becomes colder, blood moves toward the trunk away from the extremities, the nerves in the skin shut down, and very little pain occurs. This can be seen in people with frostbite who may smash their toes or fingers into something, breaking them, but not even know they did it.
Yeah i think it might be a contender for most pleasurable death. Delirium, no sense of danger and feeling of intense warmth ( Right up to taking all your clothes off!!!) are apparently quite normal

There are accounts from plenty people who have been brought back from near death from freezing. Rescued and revived in hospital. Often report feeling warm and delirious, a hypoxia type detachment in the period before slipping into a deep sleep.

Except "near death" is NOT dead. A very fundamental difference furthermore there is no way for us to determine when those "warm and delicious" feeling occurred. Maybe not when they were near death but when their nervous system got active enough to record sensation again while they were being warmed up?

There is no scientific evidence to support those accounts and people experience a lot of hallucinations even when not dying.

Tons of accounts on the Loch Ness monster too, no evidence.

There is belief and there is scientific evidence. One should not be confused for the other.

kisses

willowfall

Except "near death" is NOT dead. A very fundamental difference furthermore there is no way for us to determine when those "warm and delicious" feeling occurred. Maybe not when they were near death but when their nervous system got active enough to record sensation again while they were being warmed up?

There is no scientific evidence to support those accounts and people experience a lot of hallucinations even when not dying.

There is belief and there is scientific evidence. One should not be confused for the other.

kisses

willowfall
Yes of course it’s impossible to get accounts from the dead. But hypothermia victims have been found in some strange situations, including naked with a trail of clothes behind them, which fits in with survivor testimony.
don’t get me wrong, i think the build up to that point is quite terrible! I think I’ve been close and didn’t enjoy one second of it. Just the end that seems possibly quite euphoric

Empirically I can see the point of the argument. If we define "pain" as the ability to feel and react to an stimuli that is uncomfortable then obviously the loss of the ability to feel it makes the pain irrelevant (or non-existent if you choose).

This is a variation of the old 'if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does in make a sound'. The answer is dependent on whether or not you believe sound is a one step process (creation) or a two step process (creation and reception).

However we also have the known phenomena of "pain" existing in non-existent limbs because the whole nerve conductive channel has not been removed. Can you have pain in a limb that no longer exists? Your brain will tell you you do.

kisses

willowfall

My experience, ending up in a frozen iced over river with several mile walk home and only the shed to shelter in (couldn’t get in the house) was horrible but i got to the point where you stop shivering, which is the beginning of the end, and felt much better than the whole of the proceeding hour or so

kisses

willowfall

WHAT?!? You don't believe in Nessie? But we have pictures!
And besides, Scots never lie (except at golf).

220px-Lochneska_poboba_museumofnessie.jpgArthur_Grant_loch_ness_sketch.pngHoaxed_photo_of_the_Loch_Ness_monster.jpg

don’t get me wrong, i think the build up to that point is quite terrible! I think I’ve been close and didn’t enjoy one second of it. Just the end that seems possibly quite euphoric

Having had the opportunity to stare death in the face and be pulled back by the miracle of modern medicine I also don't think it is something people should seek to experience. Or make categorical statements about.

And I have been involved in enough strange incidents in my life that I do believe there are things beyond what we can sense or explain.

I just hate when people have an opinion they can't prove that they state as fact.

kisses

willowfall

Back
Top Bottom