Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
Very cheesy movie indeed -- the vidcaps make it look better than it did in the movie. I attach a video clip of the burning scene as well as another cheesy B-movie burning scene from "Don't Go In The House" (1979), which has slightly higher production values.
I like the label of these clips "Damsel." Reminds me of a cheesy Will Smith movie Wild Wild West, whose theme song goes

"Any damsel that's in distress
Be outta that tress when she meet Jim West."

That lyric perfectly describes what happens in Head of the Class and Don't Go In The House, sans, of course, "Jim West."

Don't Go In The House has long been an interest of mine. The damsel in question is played by this supposedly one-movie actress named Joahnna Brushay. A while ago, I read something about Don't Go In The House. It said that Johanna Brushay was a dancer and a Playboy model at the time, and that her real name was Debra Richmond.

However, over the years, I noticed that there is a striking facial resemblance between "Johanna Brushay/Debra Richmond" and the actres Gates McFadden, who is also a dancer and who is best known for playing "Dr. Beverly Crusher" on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Brand new newbie here... like all the stuff that is posted here. I make photomanips and I like elbow bondage, so why not combine both?
That bitch will burn like a candle! She is gagged, because what is coming now can be very ugly...
View attachment 971362

It's a good start, Hanger.

Various finds

on_business_iii__12_by_lmant_ddoxd2m.jpgon_business_iii___11_by_lmant_ddoxd2c.jpgon_business_iii___10_by_lmant_ddoxd22.jpgnburn.jpgThe Evil Twin.jpgRacing the Rain01.jpgBurnManip31.jpgBurnManip45.jpgBurnManip42.jpgburned at stake use.jpg

Attachments

• ss0XbiY7HLv2yFUeapS7fvaR.jpeg
    ss0XbiY7HLv2yFUeapS7fvaR.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 622
  • ghlSpv6QuyY5hEym3J7CFbn3.jpeg
    ghlSpv6QuyY5hEym3J7CFbn3.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 604
  • Nouveau-scnario-1-684535115.png
    Nouveau-scnario-1-684535115.png
    2 MB · Views: 529
  • Nouveau-scnario-3-684536155.png
    Nouveau-scnario-3-684536155.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 512
  • Nouveau-scnario-4-684536540.png
    Nouveau-scnario-4-684536540.png
    2 MB · Views: 499
  • A-red-hot-morning-for-Aelis-and-Yselda-686758212.png
    A-red-hot-morning-for-Aelis-and-Yselda-686758212.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 525
Here is another execution by burning scene (albeit extrajudicial), from the 1975 French WW2 movie "Le vieux fusil". Unlike the cheesy B-movies we've been discussing recently, this is a major production with an A-list cast -- it won the 1976 Cesar for best French film and was also one of the most commercially successful movies in France that year. The burning scene is very brutal and explicit indeed, and surprisingly realistic especially considering this was pre-CGI.

The victim here is one of the biggest stars of post-war French and German cinema, Romy Schneider, playing the wife of mild-mannered French doctor Philippe Noiret. The story is set in 1944 during the German occupation of France. The doctor has sent his wife (and daughter, but I've cut her out) to a peaceful country village to keep her safe. However, when he goes to visit one day, he steps into the aftermath of a massacre by the German troops (broadly modelled on the Oradour-sur-Glane massacre). On finding the burnt corpse of his wife, Noiret visualises how she died. I have made a short video clip and screen caps of that scene.

No fancy stake or burning wood required here: by 1944 killing technology had advanced to achieve the same effect with a flame thrower.

View attachment Le Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider.mp4

Le Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.00.25.990.jpegLe Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.00.39.467.jpegLe Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.00.43.815.jpegLe Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.00.49.012.jpegLe Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.00.49.333.jpegLe Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.00.52.101.jpegLe Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.00.59.922.jpegLe Vieux Fusil Romy Schneider-00.01.04.129.jpegLe Vieux Fusil-00.31.49.599.jpeg

Here is another execution by burning scene (albeit extrajudicial), from the 1975 French WW2 movie "Le vieux fusil". Unlike the cheesy B-movies we've been discussing recently, this is a major production with an A-list cast -- it won the 1976 Cesar for best French film and was also one of the most commercially successful movies in France that year. The burning scene is very brutal and explicit indeed, and surprisingly realistic especially considering this was pre-CGI.

The victim here is one of the biggest stars of post-war French and German cinema, Romy Schneider, playing the wife of mild-mannered French doctor Philippe Noiret. The story is set in 1944 during the German occupation of France. The doctor has sent his wife (and daughter, but I've cut her out) to a peaceful country village to keep her safe. However, when he goes to visit one day, he steps into the aftermath of a massacre by the German troops (broadly modelled on the Oradour-sur-Glane massacre). On finding the burnt corpse of his wife, Noiret visualises how she died. I have made a short video clip and screen caps of that scene.

No fancy stake or burning wood required here: by 1944 killing technology had advanced to achieve the same effect with a flame thrower.

View attachment 978926

View attachment 978927View attachment 978928View attachment 978929View attachment 978930View attachment 978931View attachment 978932View attachment 978933View attachment 978934View attachment 978935
I love the way they make the power of the flamethrower like a blast of air. Very well done.

Here is another burning at the stake scene. No idea what the name of the movie is -- when I found it, the clip was simply called "Colonial movie". From the costumes, this seems to be a 19th century British empire setting (the Mahdist War in Sudan, perhaps?), with an out-of-place prim young British lady being captured by an evil Arabian (?) ruler and tied to the stake surrounded by burning straw. The rescue party arrives rather promptly before the flames reach the girl, and there is no nudity either, but I quite like the scenario.

Although the uniforms and the lady look British to me, the language is Spanish (but may be dubbed). Does this look familiar to anybody? Late 50s or early 60s, I would think.

View attachment Colonial movie D.i.D. scene.mp4

[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.00.36.240.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.00.37.600.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.01.08.760.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.01.15.439.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.01.17.719.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.01.17.799.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.01.21.247.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.01.25.000.jpeg[v-s.mobi]Colonial movie D.i.D. scene-00.01.31.651.jpeg

Here is another burning at the stake scene. No idea what the name of the movie is -- when I found it, the clip was simply called "Colonial movie". From the costumes, this seems to be a 19th century British empire setting (the Mahdist War in Sudan, perhaps?), with an out-of-place prim young British lady being captured by an evil Arabian (?) ruler and tied to the stake surrounded by burning straw. The rescue party arrives rather promptly before the flames reach the girl, and there is no nudity either, but I quite like the scenario.

Although the uniforms and the lady look British to me, the language is Spanish (but may be dubbed). Does this look familiar to anybody? Late 50s or early 60s, I would think.

View attachment 980943

View attachment 980944View attachment 980945View attachment 980946View attachment 980947View attachment 980948View attachment 980949View attachment 980950View attachment 980951View attachment 980952
Late 50s or early 60s for sure. The main arab guy there I recognize as Vincent Price.

Late 50s or early 60s for sure. The main arab guy there I recognize as Vincent Price.
Date is right, but that's not Vincent Price. However, there is a glimpse (as the straw is being lit) of Victor Mature. I believe that makes this the movie "Zarak" (1956), and the girl tied to the stake is Anita Ekberg. The person mistaken for Vincent Price is likely German actor Frederick Valk (who died shortly after the film was made).

Date is right, but that's not Vincent Price. However, there is a glimpse (as the straw is being lit) of Victor Mature. I believe that makes this the movie "Zarak" (1956), and the girl tied to the stake is Anita Ekberg. The person mistaken for Vincent Price is likely German actor Frederick Valk (who died shortly after the film was made).
I actually feel ashamed at getting him wrong. :(

Thanks, @Jollyrei . Zarak is in full-length and high quality (cinemascope and all) on Youtube (link), but although the setting and costumes look similar, it doesn't seem to contain this scene (and Anita Ekberg couldn't look prim and buttoned-up if she tried...), so I think it's a different film. I don't mind looking up Zarak, though, as Anita has a sizzling harem dance scene!

Thanks, @Jollyrei . Zarak is in full-length and high quality (cinemascope and all) on Youtube (link), but although the setting and costumes look similar, it doesn't seem to contain this scene (and Anita Ekberg couldn't look prim and buttoned-up if she tried...), so I think it's a different film. I don't mind looking up Zarak, though, as Anita has a sizzling harem dance scene!

Found it, I think. It's "The Bandit of Zhobe" (1959), an early production by Albert Broccoli (of James Bond fame). Confusion with Zarak is entirely understandable, though -- it's the same director (John Gilling), the same lead actor (Victor Mature) and to save money they've extensively reused the action scenes from Zarak. The girl is Anne Aubrey.

Back
Top Bottom