Cally

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yeah, this thread clearly has become a runaway train.:oops::)
There is only one way to stop it.;)

I don't know about you, Loxuru, but I certainly can't stop it!

Unstoppable.gif :rolleyes:

I recognised her immediately. What other woman would give a train the power to enter a tunnel that is too narrow?
I would never have thought my banter could be the source of inspiration for an artwork to illustrate the story. You pictured Cally so well in the signal box.
It's amazing what hijacking a thread can be good for. :rolleyes:

I have to say, I posted two sections of story in quick succession five days and five pages ago, and I've really enjoyed the fun and games since.

And now I've got a picture of a crucified girl in a signal box! :)

Life is sweet! :)

Occasionally one of our manipulation models becomes closely identified with a particular story in which she has portrayed a leading character. Thus has Courtney Anastasia become synonymous on Cruxforums with the character of Cally, the eponymous femme fatale of Wragg's supernatural thriller.

Cally is a beguiling apparition who warns against disaster whilst being the harbinger of death to the person who heeds and acts on her warnings. At least this is how the irony plays out in Wragg's story of her unexpected visit to the signal box, the narrowly averted train crash, and the death of the signalman who saves the day.

The story sees its fourth anniversary of publication on 8 April, but perhaps we can allow ourselves a premature celebration to coincide with Courtney's birthday. :)

Happy Birthday

Look at all these levers 1a-250pc.jpg
:) Courtney :)

I recognised her immediately. What other woman would give a train the power to enter a tunnel that is too narrow?
I would never have thought my banter could be the source of inspiration for an artwork to illustrate the story. You pictured Cally so well in the signal box.
Among our absent members is Repertor, whose wit is sadly missed on Cruxforums. An enthusiastic commenter on 'Cally', which is among Wragg's shortest supernatural tales ('The Bus Stop' is slightly shorter) he disappeared from the site eight months later. But it was his response to one of my own casual remarks which ensured that Courtney would be cast in the role of Cally. Ultimately this was for a manipulation which is probably unique as a depiction of a crucifixion inside a railway signal box. Without Repertor's identification of Cally from the Scriptsensei picture, 'Fuck Art, Let's Dance', it seems unlikely that Courtney would have joined the ranks of Cruxton starlets.

scriptsensei fuck_art__let_s_dance_by_scriptsensei-d9viqnl.jpg

The crux scene is one of my earliest manips in Photoshop, and I was still relying on Windows Paint for creating the fine details of the crown of thorns and the various bloodstains. Some modern road vehicles were deleted from the background, but the interior retains the tell-tale features of the contemporary railway preservation scene, including a donations box and plastic refuse sacks.

Cally.jpg

By way of contrast, the picture of Cally on the lever frame is a new manipulation, illustrating an earlier moment in the story. In this picture, I was able to conceal a modern fire extinguisher, and apply period clothing to the figure in four sections. I like to think the use of masked components and blending filters demonstrates a degree of refinement and a stylistic departure from the early days of cutting and pasting.

Look at all these levers 1.jpg

Following the crux scene, it would be another two years before Courtney made her next appearance in a manipulation. She was included in 'Wragg's Leading Ladies', the group picture of Cruxton starlets produced for Wragg's birthday and posted in 'The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine'. She appears second from right, between Alice and Caprice. Left to right, the cast of 'Jasmine' are Katya Clover, Nadya, Sasha and Jasmine Andreas. Alice joined the cast in the second half of the story.

Wragg's Leading Ladies.jpg

Courtney has since been depicted in two Cruxton-themed supporting roles. She was the understudy to the crucified Julia Bondareva in 'The Lawn at Cruxton Abbey', seen here looking over the shoulder of the artist on the left. More recently she found another supporting role, illustrating a scene at the end of Jollyrei's 'The Old Firm', portrayed as a bikini-clad Amazon, armed with a Samurai sword in the snow-covered grounds of the abbey.

The Lawn at Cruxton Abbey.jpg Old Firm Amazon Training 2.jpg

Courtney is also featured as the subject of a pencil drawing by Iamnomodder. This interpretation, entitled 'Tree Enchantment' is based on a picture from the nude series photographed by Henry Choi and presented in his Scriptsensei gallery on DeviantArt. In the photo, Courtney has removed her underwear and swept her hair to either side of her breasts, and now she stands fully exposed before the camera. Her slightly uncertain pose has translated very well into the drawing, in which her empty hands are placed in contact with the tree trunks on either side.

tree_enchantment_by_iamnomodder_dabco9x.jpg scriptsensei ain_t_misbehavin__4_by_scriptsensei-d80wfd5.jpg

I know how to get back inside your dream 10-200pc.jpg

Whilst singularly 'Courtney', this seems to be a pose which invites new interpretations, and so I have updated it in a new manipulation to celebrate her return to part-time modelling. My picture uses a more recent portrait, extending the concepts of mystery and enchantment to portray Courtney as an elemental type. By using her influence on the weather, her idiosyncratic pose now inspires a dynamic treatment with windblown hair and flying leaves. The suitably enigmatic title informs us, 'I know how to get back inside your dream', and perhaps her character retains some of the mysterious qualities of 'Cally'.

I know how to get back inside your dream 12.jpg

Very little is known about Courtney, who keeps a low profile as a model with experience in erotic, art and fashion photography. She is from Ontario although she describes herself as having Eastern European origins. Deep amber eyes complement the long brown hair, and her distinctive facial features include a broad, triangular jaw with a subtle cleft to the chin. Early modelling sessions are characterised by her eyebrows being trimmed into stylised curves whilst recent pictures reveal a less contrived and more natural appearance.

Courtney's nude session for 'Scriptsensei' was photographed by Henry Choi on 20 August 2014, and numerous pictures have since been published on DeviantArt. The positive responses tend to say more in praise of the uniquely arresting attractions of the model's pale face and slender figure, than the skills of the photographer - but there seems to be no doubt that they worked well together on this occasion.

scriptsensei introducing_courtney_by_scriptsensei-d7wnrpu.jpg scriptsensei night_visions_by_scriptsensei-da81tp5.jpg scriptsensei i_watch_the_ripples_change_their_size_by_scriptsensei-d96566z 200pc.jpg scriptsensei this_is_what_you_came_for_by_scriptsensei-dax8jcq.jpg scriptsensei and_i_wonder_what_i_m_doing_in_a_room_like_this_by_scriptsensei-dbiszs8.jpg

scriptsensei only_trust_your_heart_by_scriptsensei-dce6218.jpg scriptsensei mild_apprehension__blank_dreams_of_the_coming_fun_by_scriptsensei-d9iyel7.jpg scriptsensei le_temps_de_l_amour_by_scriptsensei_ddubd1i-fullview.jpg scriptsensei there_is_no_sweeter_innocence_by_scriptsensei-d8okzrp.jpg scriptsensei your_daddy_don_t_know_by_scriptsensei-dcm9qvm.jpg

At the time of the Scriptsensei session, Courtney's Model Mayhem profile presented her in the name, Anastasia Magyar. Some of her older pictures can be found in this name, although they do not seem to be widely published on the internet.

Positive feedback from her photographers includes a compliment by Underground Modeling GTA of Burlington, who captured the seated nude pose on a wooden beam shown below. He praised Courtney's enthusiasm saying, 'It's always great when you have an agile model who can climb into the rafters of an abandoned barn.' Her current profile shows her available for modelling in the name, Courtney Anastasia.

A M 6 Capture.JPG A M 10 Capture.JPG Anastasia Magyar 110.jpg A M 5 Capture.JPG

anastasia magyar courtney 40.jpg anastasia magyar courtney 4.jpg Anastasia Magyar 55ad732758bda.jpg anastasia magyar courtney 87.jpg anastasia magyar courtney 89.jpg Thinking About You mgatti 2015 Anastasia Magyar 557656fa2afa5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom