Cam's Camera: Mythology

Go to CruxDreams.com

CamCrux

Executioner
She's got a nice day for it, anyway. :rolleyes: :devil:
A good image with some nice foreshadowing, I think. Sure it's pleasant now, but what happens when the sun starts to go down? Somewhere, lurking in the deeper water is something. Excellent work with the composite figure, and the current resolution is consistent with the background photo, so it all looks seamless. :)
Actually "something" is already lurking there, in full daylight. But sort of half camouflaged. But I think Andromeda may have seen it down there.

Last edited:

Jollyrei

Angelus Mortis
Staff member
Actually "something" is already lurking there, in full daylight. But sort of half camouflaged. But think Andromeda may have seen it down there.
Good lord! Missed that. See what happens when you don't stay alert? That's a fine job of blending there, and it really makes more sense now, considering her expression. :thumbup: :doh::beer:

Eulalia

Poet Laureate
Staff member
It illustrates beautifully the beginning of my 'Sea Sacrifice':

A young Andromeda,
full of her nakedness,
chained. The rocks’ harshness,
coarse crusta chafing soft skin,
yet she’s not scared –
she’ll cope when it comes …

When it comes...
Where will it come?
From a trough in the strong surge,
slithering through sea-wrack,
clawing from a cliff-cleft –

Where will it come?

bobinder

ARTISAN
Another Andomeda, this time featuring sweet Alice K, whose body and head I have assembled from two different pictures. I would have liked to zoom on the main prrotagonist a little closer, but have not been able to find the same photos with higher definition.
kamerijk andromeda 3.jpg

You are becoming something of an expert on the Andromeda theme, Kam! Your first two essays used Sienna and Ryonen as models for the character of Andromeda, and now Alice features in your latest version. No stranger to your gallery, I believe this is her sixth appearance in one of your manipulations.

Like her predecessor in the same role, Ryonen, the figure of Alice has been composed of separate source images for the head and body. The two sources are consistent, being photographed in approximately the same location on the same day. In fact, they are from Valery Anzilov's coastal sessions in the Crimea which makes the rocky seascape a highly suitable background for the picture.

Alice's face has been flipped so that she looks towards the giant lizard, neatly camouflaged against the rock on the left. Its large, pink tongue licks the salt water from the rock in anticipation of a satisfying meal. I am not very familiar with these reptiles, but this might be some kind of Komodo Dragon? Alice's hair appears remarkably blonde, and this may be the result of a lighting adjustment for blending her face with the body image, which is lit by bright sunlight, coming from almost directly overhead.

Having established a sense of tension in the character interaction, we observe that both characters occupy the appropriate depth of field in the centre of the background. A manacle on Alice's right wrist secures her to a concrete post, which appears to be part of the original background. The relative scale is dictated only by the size of the waves in a sea which looks fairly calm. Since there is no visible horizon, we are looking down from the cliffs, waiting for the action to unfold.

Congratulations on a very convincing composition! :)

CamCrux

Executioner

You are becoming something of an expert on the Andromeda theme, Kam! Your first two essays used Sienna and Ryonen as models for the character of Andromeda, and now Alice features in your latest version. No stranger to your gallery, I believe this is her sixth appearance in one of your manipulations.

Like her predecessor in the same role, Ryonen, the figure of Alice has been composed of separate source images for the head and body. The two sources are consistent, being photographed in approximately the same location on the same day. In fact, they are from Valery Anzilov's coastal sessions in the Crimea which makes the rocky seascape a highly suitable background for the picture.

Alice's face has been flipped so that she looks towards the giant lizard, neatly camouflaged against the rock on the left. Its large, pink tongue licks the salt water from the rock in anticipation of a satisfying meal. I am not very familiar with these reptiles, but this might be some kind of Komodo Dragon? Alice's hair appears remarkably blonde, and this may be the result of a lighting adjustment for blending her face with the body image, which is lit by bright sunlight, coming from almost directly overhead.

Having established a sense of tension in the character interaction, we observe that both characters occupy the appropriate depth of field in the centre of the background. A manacle on Alice's right wrist secures her to a concrete post, which appears to be part of the original background. The relative scale is dictated only by the size of the waves in a sea which looks fairly calm. Since there is no visible horizon, we are looking down from the cliffs, waiting for the action to unfold.

Congratulations on a very convincing composition! :)
Thanks Bob for another close and sympathetic scrutiny of my manipulation. Your Alice Kiss - Crux Legend vol. 3 was what directly prompted me to do "something" with Alice again, and I naturally drifted rather quickly towards the myth of Andomeda, which is threatening to turn into a personal obsession, I'm afraid :)
You are right, Alice's unusally blonde hair in this picture is the result of brightness-contrast and other adjustments to the head so it would match the body as well as possible. I could have darkened the hair again, but I thought there had been enough tampering with it already, as I had to reconstruct it in places with varying degrees of success.
The "monster" is a gila - quite out of place on the coast of antique Hellas, but monstrous enough for the role, and i liked the way it seems to have just crept out of the sea (never has a gila dipped its paw into salt water, I'm sure) and onto the rock to take the time to survey the situation, contemplate its victim and salivate on the anticipated feast.
Poor Alice will have seen it all ...

CamCrux

Executioner
It illustrates beautifully the beginning of my 'Sea Sacrifice':

A young Andromeda,
full of her nakedness,
chained. The rocks’ harshness,
coarse crusta chafing soft skin,
yet she’s not scared –
she’ll cope when it comes …

When it comes...
Where will it come?
From a trough in the strong surge,
slithering through sea-wrack,
clawing from a cliff-cleft –

Where will it come?
I love it ! Where can we find the whole poem ?
And do you give me permission to add this to my page on DA, with due credit of course ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom