Cam's Camera: Slave Girls

Go to CruxDreams.com

CamCrux

Executioner
The Inspection (revisited)

The original painting by Ludwig Deutsch, dated 1883, is entitled "The Inspection" and shows a "moor" inspecting a richly decorated helmet among a bric-à-brac of luxurious goods, possibly in a bazaar : upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia…

This "revised" version replaces the helmet by a young woman, with model Lissa in the role. The moor, possibly a eunuch, is now inspecting the rich spoils brought back by his master from a victorious campaign, his attention focused on the young captive.

Note the strange error and partial correction in the perspective of the tiles at the bottom of the painting.

the inspection.jpg

bobinder

ARTISAN
The Inspection (revisited)

The original painting by Ludwig Deutsch, dated 1883, is entitled "The Inspection" and shows a "moor" inspecting a richly decorated helmet among a bric-à-brac of luxurious goods, possibly in a bazaar : upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia…

This "revised" version replaces the helmet by a young woman, with model Lissa in the role. The moor, possibly a eunuch, is now inspecting the rich spoils brought back by his master from a victorious campaign, his attention focused on the young captive.

Note the strange error and partial correction in the perspective of the tiles at the bottom of the painting.

the inspection.jpg
As previously observed on DeviantArt, this is certainly one of the finest manipulated images of Lissa that I have seen. The character interaction is excellent, and it is hard to believe the original painting shows only a single male figure. Lissa has been photographed outdoors, but her source image has been successfully translated into the painting of an interior scene, illuminated by soft lighting. Her pose is wonderful, reaching upwards with arms and legs crossed and entwined. She displays the required exposure for her inspection, but preserves a sense of physical and emotional tension.

The original picture is from 'Lost Highway' by MPL Studios (who presented her as Kamilla) and whilst very little adjustment has been required, there are significant changes involving the removal of jewellery items and very careful repainting and blending of the skin tones. A beaded necklace and a matching bracelet from the left wrist have been deleted so successfully that there is no trace of their previous existence. The quality of the repainting is excellent.

The nude figure may have received a subtle application of filter treatment (e.g. low opacity lens blur with 'noise') in order to blend into the painting, but I cannot be sure about this. The blending is exceptionally good, with both photo and painted elements having the same texture. Indeed, we are seeing remarkable attention to detail in this manip.

Kamerijk Inspection cf Kamilla Lost Highway.jpg

The floor tiles are an interesting feature of the original painting, which you have identified. Whilst I suspect the presence of an accidental, linear mark on the painting, the defects are partially resolved by the addition of Lissa's feet and the blanket to the floor area. I believe the blanket conceals the unfortunate fact that her right toes are cropped out of the original photograph. This lovely manip makes a perfect compliment to your preceding Deutsch-based picture of Lily - beautiful work! Well done, Kam. :)

As previously observed on DeviantArt, this is certainly one of the finest manipulated images of Lissa that I have seen. The character interaction is excellent, and it is hard to believe the original painting shows only a single male figure. Lissa has been photographed outdoors, but her source image has been successfully translated into the painting of an interior scene, illuminated by soft lighting. Her pose is wonderful, reaching upwards with arms and legs crossed and entwined. She displays the required exposure for her inspection, but preserves a sense of physical and emotional tension.

The original picture is from 'Lost Highway' by MPL Studios (who presented her as Kamilla) and whilst very little adjustment has been required, there are significant changes involving the removal of jewellery items and very careful repainting and blending of the skin tones. A beaded necklace and a matching bracelet from the left wrist have been deleted so successfully that there is no trace of their previous existence. The quality of the repainting is excellent.

The nude figure may have received a subtle application of filter treatment (e.g. low opacity lens blur with 'noise') in order to blend into the painting, but I cannot be sure about this. The blending is exceptionally good, with both photo and painted elements having the same texture. Indeed, we are seeing remarkable attention to detail in this manip.

The floor tiles are an interesting feature of the original painting, which you have identified. Whilst I suspect the presence of an accidental, linear mark on the painting, the defects are partially resolved by the addition of Lissa's feet and the blanket to the floor area. I believe the blanket conceals the unfortunate fact that her right toes are cropped out of the original photograph. This lovely manip makes a perfect compliment to your preceding Deutsch-based picture of Lily - beautiful work! Well done, Kam. :)
Wow, this is like being in an Arts class. I’m learning a lot about how these manipulations work, and an insight into the genuine artistic skill involved in making a successful render. I’m loving that, @bobinder your analysis makes appreciating @CamCrux ’s work all the more enjoyable, as well as recognising his consummate skill.

Thank you both!

Top Bottom