To break?"

On your knees to please,
Obey,
Only way.

Rome's home,
Puppy slave,
Bitch's grave.

Picture by Kamerijk/ CamCrux - here's the text I wrote for it
(which had better be rescued from the Taliban of DevArt)

‘Mighty Lord Minos, King of all Kings, my honoured husband,’ the Queen Pasiphae spoke humbly, ‘I bring you awesome tidings, with a good gift, from the Goddess Hera, consort of your patron, Zeus, the Supreme.’

The king stroked his chin in his usual, meditative manner, when considering great matters.

‘What are these tidings, wife?’

‘That beautiful bull, come from the sea, to signal and proclaim your unchallengeable kingship –‘

Minos nodded,

‘He is not to be sacrificed, that is not the will of Almighty Zeus.’

‘But surely, wife, there can be no other meaning in that omen? A marvellous bull is the worthiest offering to my father Zeus, it can have been sent here for no other reason?’

‘No, with humble respect, my Lord,’ the Queen spoke modestly, ‘Hera assures me, that is not her husband’s intention ... what does intend, neither I nor even the Goddess can tell, it is a mystery yet to be revealed. But, in the mean time, he sends, by his and Goddess Hera’s miraculous aid, another gift ...’

‘What is that?’ The King’s eyes glinted at the thought of another god-sent gift.

And so I, sweet-spoken Eulalia, youngest daughter of the king of conquered Athens, brought captive here on that dragon of the sea that flies the golden flag of the sea-lord’s imperial fleet, am led into the presence of the mightiest man on earth, naked but for a flimsy, faded rag they made me wrap around my loins to hide my female assets from the eyes of the Palace Guards. And the bronze slave-band locked on my upper arm that marked me out as the one for ‘special delivery’.

The King eyes me thoughtfully, stroking his chin. Queen Pasiphae has a knowing, cunning little smile. Two others are staring at me too, a nervous young bronze-collared slavegirl standing ‘at the ready’ in the corner, herself clad only in a light piece of cloth tied with a rough cord to serve as a minimal tunic, her fingers clutching nervously at its ragged hem. Later I was to learn her name, Keigera.

And a proud tawny hound, his rich red collar matching the King’s own robe, his expression as he stares at the newcomer as haughty and judgemental as the monarch’s own.

The air in this private palace chamber hangs heavy with thundery warmth, spicy scents from the courtyard waft in through the open doorway on a light, cooling breeze, mingling with the odours of human and hound, the smell of the slavegirl’s fear – and mine ...

After an endless silence, the King speaks, quiet but commanding,

‘Show us your girl-parts, slave.’
Feeling my cheeks and body flush with fear and shame, I pull back the scant covering. The dog sniffs, the Queen’s smile widens, the slavegirl bites her lip. I hear my heart pounding.

‘She is a virgin?’

‘Of course, my Lord,’ replies Pasiphae.

‘Very well,’ says King Minos, ‘I think this is a worthy gift from the Goddess. My Master Zeus puts thoughts in my mind concerning His wishes for this girl. Our young men and maidens are trained and tested in the practice of bull-leaping, those who succeed win honour for their athleticism, those who fail die on horns. This young woman will be trained to perform the bull-dance, and will, at the Festival of the Mating Time, be set to face the great Bull that Zeus has sent from the sea. Whether she wins honour and proves herself fit to remain a slave in my household, or whether she is destined to die as a sacrifice, the outcome will reveal.’

I bow my head, accepting my fate. Guards are summoned, they lead me away to meet the Bull-Master, to prepare for my ordeal.

I really love the expression on the girl's face. Obviously, she has learned enough to know the consequence of screaming or covering her chest, possibly from experience. However, she hasn't become insensitive enough not to feel the shame. The burning sense of humiliation and the anxiousness right before the moment her owner deprives of her remaining modesty is so vividly expressed on her face.

The girl behind might be feeling pity for her friend, or she could be feeling it to be her own shame, remembering the last time she was displayed in front of a potential customer for an inspection.

And the other girl on the right could be probably thinking "How can you ask him to strip her? You are a woman too! Don't you understand how humiliating it must be for a girl to be stripped naked and bare her womanhood like that?"

Last edited:
This is so humiliating and frightening! That bastard of a slave monger standing behind me has threatened me, saying that if I don’t bring him a fat price by noon, he’ll have me flogged and sold to the impresarios who stage the arena entertainments and are planning a mass crucifixion event for the afternoon session. But how do I bring in a good price? I am not experienced at such things. Isn’t being naked enough? Should I stand and pose like some of the others are doing? Stick out my chest? Spread my legs and sway my hips? I just don’t know what to do!
"Fortunately" a man soon approaches you. "Get up, girl, let me take a look!"

Published simultaneously on Crux and DA : Roman street scene.

View attachment 914203

A fantasy vision of a slavemonger's shop in Rome, in the vicinity of the temple of Castor and Pollux (it is unlikely that slaves were sold naked on the streets ...)

The shabby front should not mislead : the Greek Kleitos specializes in "fine young females" and his business is worth millions of sestercii.

The two girls on the left are war captives, one from Pannonia, the one standing next to her from Britannia, both captured as loot by legionaries and brought back to Rome.
The girl kneeling on the right is from Achaia and was sold by her impoverished parents. The statuesque black girl was imported by a Phenician merchant from Alexandria, along with other young women, among whom one Amica.

If anyone would like to lend a voice to these girls, to express their feelings, memories, fear of the future etc. They are welcome.
Great job, Kam! A heck load of work to get this street come to life, for sure. I have the same background scene saved on my computer, but the thought of how much work it would take to populate that deserted street has always been able to dissuade me from doing anything with it. Kudos to your dedication to the craft!

Be brave, young slave,
Your girly games are done,
Rome's won!

No friends, childhood ends,
Alone
Some brute's to own.

Your turn, cheeks burn,
Flick back your hair.
Men stare.

Displayed, afraid,
Flesh to be sold
For gold.

Undressed, breasts pressed,
Touched where you know
Men shouldn't go.

You're bare, don't dare
Complain,
Even of pain.

"Where caught?" "Up north."
"They're wild."
"Just a child –

A kid. What d’you bid?"
"Ten" "No, fifteen."
"Okay, thirteen."

"A deal. Slut, kneel!"
Wrists feel
Bonds of steel.

Now stand the brand
Burning your thigh,
Don't cry.

The man commands.
He rules.
No time for fools.

Walk quick to his stick,
Sharp goad,
Stony road.

"Whore's brat, sewer rat,
How long will you take
To break?"

On your knees to please,
Obey,
Only way.

Rome's home,
Puppy slave,
Bitch's grave.
Bravo, Eul! This is so well-done, in its intricate form and heart-felt verses, that I don't even know what else to say. Suffice to say that I have yet to see a more poetic portrayal of slavery than from your marvelous pen, and I rather doubt I ever will.

A double homage to model Lily as photographed by E_digitalfantasy of DA.
Deeper Down is a variation on Gold mine slave and an attempt at playing with light and darkness as poor slavegirl Lily has to crawl further down along dark galleries in search of gold ore.

My renewed thanks to model Lily and E-DigitalFantasy for the original picture, and to mahashiva / mahashiva001 and bobinder / Bobnearled for their help and advice.

Deeper down.pngGold mine slave.png

Deeper Down is a variation on Gold mine slave and an attempt at playing with light and darkness as poor slavegirl Lily has to crawl further down along dark galleries in search of gold ore.

My renewed thanks to model Lily and E-DigitalFantasy for the original picture, and to mahashiva / mahashiva001 and bobinder / Bobnearled for their help and advice.

View attachment 917431
The rework into a sort of a painting look is very effective. I think it works to blend some of the other elements from the original that still sort of looked a bit out of place (the basket and the pick, for example). The effect is very good and the addition of the lamp adds that sense of foreboding and suspense as she delves down reluctantly into the dark.

Deeper down.pngGold mine slave.png
Thanks Kam, for presenting your variations of Lily, and also for the acknowledgements to Shiva and myself. I have fond memories of our discussions concerning the methods of darkening the scene and introducing the lamp as a new light source, as well as changing the position of Lily's right arm. Whilst not a member of CF, the work of E-DigitalFantasy surely requires no introduction here, since it has featured in a number of our threads, notably those catering for hanging and crux photography.

Lily is one of the best known models on DeviantArt, having posed regularly for erotic and glamour photographers over the past twelve years. Her distinctive looks have hardly changed in all this time, paying tribute to her dedication to a self-imposed fitness regime. Kam, Shiva and I have occasionally wondered at the apparent lack of photo manipulations which feature her in a starring role. Thanks partly to our collective efforts (and those of @jjjack ) she is now making appearances in fantasy art on Cruxforums.

E-DigitalFantasy has completed several photo sessions with Lily. The picture selected as a source by Kam was taken shortly after 4 pm on the afternoon of 2 June 2015. The location was among the natural rock formations in the San Francisco Bay area. E-DF gave the picture the title, 'Lily crouches like a tiger in the wild', and it shows her crawling between two boulders, forming a shallow cave. To Kam, the composition suggested a tunnel, or mine shaft, and his inspiration took off from there.

A comparison of the original source and Kam's first manipulation, 'Gold Mine Slave', reveals no changes to the natural lighting of the outdoor scene. In fact the only change to the background is a curious alteration in the graffiti above the model's back. The basket of rocks and a short-handled pick axe have been inserted as tools of the miner's trade, and Lily's hair is secured in a head scarf. The long hair has been replaced using blended patches of matching rock formation. Since the right arm is no longer concealed by the hair, the artist is free to replace it in an appropriate position. Kam has constructed a new arm, which holds the axe in the first picture, and in a different position supports the lamp in the second version.

The earring has been deleted, and shackles with a chain have been added to the ankles - the emblem of slavery. The appropriate cuts and grazes caused by these have been applied to the ankles, and further red scratches appear behind the left shoulder blade, presumably the result of contact with the roof of the tunnel. The remaining areas of Lily's skin have been treated with suitable marks of perspiration and dirt stains. The effect is at once restrained and convincing.

EDF Lily cf KamerijkGold Mine Slave.jpgEDF Lily cf KamerijkDeeper Down.jpg

In the next comparison, of the original source and Kam's second manipulation, 'Deeper Down', we can see yet again how much modification has been required to create the new scene. This time, the whole picture has been darkened by a combination of semi-transparent, superimposed layers and 'burning' shadows into the rocks and skin tones.

The source of illumination is now the antique oil lamp, and by 'dodging' with superb attention to detail, Kam has projected precisely where the light of the flame falls on the face, throat, shoulders and breasts, whilst simultaneously throwing dense shadows behind the figure. The play of light and shade is applied to the rock formations whilst providing a subtle, metallic gleam to the axe head and shackles, as well as a glistering of reflected light to the rocks in the basket.

This is a very thorough transformation of the original picture into something remarkably different. The result is the creation of a highly atmospheric scene, depicting a slave girl at work in a physically demanding occupation. Shiva commented recently that, 'Kam was right to send Lily to the mines', meaning that probably few other glamour models would look so convincing in the part. But it seems that Lily's figure pose and her slightly apprehensive expression have proved entirely appropriate to the task. This really is very nice work, Kam! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Kam, for presenting your variations of Lily, and also for the acknowledgements to Shiva and myself. I have fond memories of our discussions concerning the methods of darkening the scene and introducing the lamp as a new light source, as well as changing the position of Lily's right arm. Whilst not a member of CF, the work of E-DigitalFantasy surely requires no introduction here, since it has featured in a number of our threads, notably those catering for hanging and crux photography.

Lily is one of the best known models on DeviantArt, having posed regularly for erotic and glamour photographers over the past twelve years. Her distinctive looks have hardly changed in all this time, paying tribute to her dedication to a self-imposed fitness regime. Kam, Shiva and I have occasionally wondered at the apparent lack of photo manipulations which feature her in a starring role. Thanks partly to our collective efforts (and those of @jjjack ) she is now making appearances in fantasy art on Cruxforums.

E-DigitalFantasy has completed several photo sessions with Lily. The picture selected as a source by Kam was taken shortly after 4 pm on the afternoon of 2 June 2015. The location was among the natural rock formations in the San Francisco Bay area. E-DF gave the picture the title, 'Lily crouches like a tiger in the wild', and it shows her crawling between two boulders, forming a shallow cave. To Kam, the composition suggested a tunnel, or mine shaft, and his inspiration took off from there.

A comparison of the original source and Kam's first manipulation, 'Gold Mine Slave', reveals no changes to the natural lighting of the outdoor scene. In fact the only change to the background is a curious alteration in the graffiti above the model's back. The basket of rocks and a short-handled pick axe have been inserted as tools of the miner's trade, and Lily's hair is secured in a head scarf. The long hair has been replaced using blended patches of matching rock formation. Since the right arm is no longer concealed by the hair, the artist is free to replace it in an appropriate position. Kam has constructed a new arm, which holds the axe in the first picture, and in a different position supports the lamp in the second version.

The earring has been deleted, and shackles with a chain have been added to the ankles - the emblem of slavery. The appropriate cuts and grazes caused by these have been applied to the ankles, and further red scratches appear behind the left shoulder blade, presumably the result of contact with the roof of the tunnel. The remaining areas of Lily's skin have been treated with suitable marks of perspiration and dirt stains. The effect is at once restrained and convincing.

In the next comparison, of the original source and Kam's second manipulation, 'Deeper Down', we can see yet again how much modification has been required to create the new scene. This time, the whole picture has been darkened by a combination of semi-transparent, superimposed layers and 'burning' shadows into the rocks and skin tones.

The source of illumination is now the antique oil lamp, and by 'dodging' with superb attention to detail, Kam has projected precisely where the light of the flame falls on the face, throat, shoulders and breasts, whilst simultaneously throwing dense shadows behind the figure. The play of light and shade is applied to the rock formations whilst providing a subtle, metallic gleam to the axe head and shackles, as well as a glistering of reflected light to the rocks in the basket.

This is a very thorough transformation of the original picture into something remarkably different. The result is the creation of a highly atmospheric scene, depicting a slave girl at work in a physically demanding occupation. Shiva commented recently that, 'Kam was right to send Lily to the mines', meaning that probably few other glamour models would look so convincing in the part. But it seems that Lily's figure pose and her slightly apprehensive expression have proved entirely appropriate to the task. This really is very nice work, Kam! :)
Many thanks Bob !

Be brave, young slave,
Your girly games are done,
Rome's won!

No friends, childhood ends,
Alone
Some brute's to own.

Your turn, cheeks burn,
Flick back your hair.
Men stare.

Displayed, afraid,
Flesh to be sold
For gold.

Undressed, breasts pressed,
Touched where you know
Men shouldn't go.

You're bare, don't dare
Complain,
Even of pain.

"Where caught?" "Up north."
"They're wild."
"Just a child –

A kid. What d’you bid?"
"Ten" "No, fifteen."
"Okay, thirteen."

"A deal. Slut, kneel!"
Wrists feel
Bonds of steel.

Now stand the brand
Burning your thigh,
Don't cry.

The man commands.
He rules.
No time for fools.

Walk quick to his stick,
Sharp goad,
Stony road.

"Whore's brat, sewer rat,
How long will you take
To break?"

On your knees to please,
Obey,
Only way.

Rome's home,
Puppy slave,
Bitch's grave.
This is gorgeous. So much emotion.

My latest manip, with a story by Kegeira of DA.

Tusnelda.png

The sad story of Tusnelda, daughter of Germanic chief Cherusque Segesta and enslaved by the Romans, told by Keigera herself (another name for Tusnelda).
Picture by me.

My name is Tusnelda. I am the daughter of the illustrious high-born Cherusque Segesta, the wife of the chief of the Arminius tribe, the mother of Tumelic. I took part in the battle in the Teutoburg Forest, where the united tribes of the Germani inflicted a crushing defeat on the Romans. I fought with my husband against the Romans, driving them from our lands. I enjoyed the care and love of my dear husband and loved him with all my being. I fought and shed my blood. But I was betrayed! Betrayed by his own father.

And now ... Now I am standing naked, and they have just put this creepy collar on me and sentenced me to the status of slave. I stand in front of Germanicus, who captured me, and his son Caligula. I stand in full view of everyone, ready to participate in the triumphal march, where I will be displayed with my son as one of the many trophies of the Germanic war. I lost and I understand it. I am torn by longing for my husband and son. I am suffocated by impotent anger towards the seated commander, whose trophy I have become because of the betrayal of my father. I hate the children of the wolf Fenrir, the cursed Romans who bring death, enslavement and destruction to our lands. Someday our tears will pour out in full with the crushing wrath of our Gods.

- Yes, son, this is the same Tusnelda who dared to challenge the power of Rome. Remember, son, that the children of the Capitoline wolf always win and punish everyone who dares to go against them. We are these sons, son! This girl who once imagined herself a German queen, is now wearing a collar and naked, awaiting our triumph.
- Father, what you say is true. What will happen to her after the triumph?
- She will be sold as an ordinary slave at the slave market. This is how rebellious queens end their lives.

Tusnelda.png

The sad story of Tusnelda, daughter of Germanic chief Cherusque Segesta and enslaved by the Romans, told by Keigera herself (another name for Tusnelda).
Picture by me.
This is a very neat modification of a screenshot from HBO's 'Rome'. As far as I can see, only the figure of Tusnelda and the 'creepy' slave collar have been inserted, together with her shadow. The lighting of the scene remains consistent, coming predominantly from the upper right, plus natural backlight from the windows and the flame of the forge.

Tusnelda distracts our attention from the main characters in the foreground. The full length, standing nude appears between Caligula and Germanicus, precisely in the centre of the composition, her downcast gaze implying a degree of submission.

Being a stable scene, this is not a fully equipped blacksmiths shop, but a small facility for fitting horse shoes. Nevertheless, it has proved adequate under the circumstances for collaring Germanicus latest captive. Nice work, Kam! :)

This is a very neat modification of a screenshot from HBO's 'Rome'. As far as I can see, only the figure of Tusnelda and the 'creepy' slave collar have been inserted, together with her shadow. The lighting of the scene remains consistent, coming predominantly from the upper right, plus natural backlight from the windows and the flame of the forge.

Tusnelda distracts our attention from the main characters in the foreground. The full length, standing nude appears between Caligula and Germanicus, precisely in the centre of the composition, her downcast gaze implying a degree of submission.

Being a stable scene, this is not a fully equipped blacksmiths shop, but a small facility for fitting horse shoes. Nevertheless, it has proved adequate under the circumstances for collaring Germanicus latest captive. Nice work, Kam! :)
You hit the mark again Bob, this is a very simple manipulation that required hardly any tampering with light, brightness etc. Thanks for your benevolent attention :)

My latest manip, with a story by Kegeira of DA.

View attachment 929415

Picture by me.

My name is Tusnelda. I am the daughter of the illustrious high-born Cherusque Segesta, the wife of the chief of the Arminius tribe, the mother of Tumelic. I took part in the battle in the Teutoburg Forest, where the united tribes of the Germani inflicted a crushing defeat on the Romans. I fought with my husband against the Romans, driving them from our lands. I enjoyed the care and love of my dear husband and loved him with all my being. I fought and shed my blood. But I was betrayed! Betrayed by his own father.

And now ... Now I am standing naked, and they have just put this creepy collar on me and sentenced me to the status of slave. I stand in front of Germanicus, who captured me, and his son Caligula. I stand in full view of everyone, ready to participate in the triumphal march, where I will be displayed with my son as one of the many trophies of the Germanic war. I lost and I understand it. I am torn by longing for my husband and son. I am suffocated by impotent anger towards the seated commander, whose trophy I have become because of the betrayal of my father. I hate the children of the wolf Fenrir, the cursed Romans who bring death, enslavement and destruction to our lands. Someday our tears will pour out in full with the crushing wrath of our Gods.

- Yes, son, this is the same Tusnelda who dared to challenge the power of Rome. Remember, son, that the children of the Capitoline wolf always win and punish everyone who dares to go against them. We are these sons, son! This girl who once imagined herself a German queen, is now wearing a collar and naked, awaiting our triumph.
- Father, what you say is true. What will happen to her after the triumph?
- She will be sold as an ordinary slave at the slave market. This is how rebellious queens end their lives.
You hit the mark again Bob, this is a very simple manipulation that required hardly any tampering with light, brightness etc. Thanks for your benevolent attention :)
For me it would be perfectly with a few modifications of Thusnelda. A bit fewer color intense, contrast and unsharpenes would be better fixed in the backround.
For example I added a maidservant in this wonderful manip.
chainstand012.pngMadiosi-2020-116-Thusnelda and her maidservant.jpg
BTW, you can use all the stuff from the CMCK. Its free for our artists.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom