captives

Go to CruxDreams.com
I love George Miller and think he was a much overlooked innovator as a director.
Totally agree
Mad Max 2 was and still is the best of them.
Mmmmm… I think I disagree. The original is the quintessential low budget gearhead movie… given those limitations it carries a straightforward plot sublimely well.

But 2 is bloody brilliant too!
The newer ones are great to look at visually, thoughh.
Yes the aesthetics are decent and I love the costumes, particularly the escaping girls robes. But the acting is completely wooden and the plot poorly executed. To have such a brilliant actor as Tom Hardy and just waste his talent. Apparently he and Charlize Theron were absolutely at loggerheads, to the extent it ruined any hope of onscreen chemistry. And the fact that the unexpected wet In Broken Hill forced them to film in Tunisia, removing entirely the Australian character of the first 3…

Also not nearly enough Australian actors…

Totally agree

Mmmmm… I think I disagree. The original is the quintessential low budget gearhead movie… given those limitations it carries a straightforward plot sublimely well.

But 2 is bloody brilliant too!

Yes the aesthetics are decent and I love the costumes, particularly the escaping girls robes. But the acting is completely wooden and the plot poorly executed. To have such a brilliant actor as Tom Hardy and just waste his talent. Apparently he and Charlize Theron were absolutely at loggerheads, to the extent it ruined any hope of onscreen chemistry. And the fact that the unexpected wet In Broken Hill forced them to film in Tunisia, removing entirely the Australian character of the first 3…

Also not nearly enough Australian actors…
I see your points and know the history behind the making of them, yes.
Directorial-wise, the first one was exactly as you put it, but when fledgling film makers make the most of what they have and come up with something unique then get the chance to show their “stuff” the second one shines in visual style as in the opening montage or when Max is crawling from the wrecked Interceptor as well as untraditional editing style.
Some carries over mainly in cinematography on the new ones and it is a shame that Max took a back seat in his own tale.
And nothing beats the ambience of Broken Hill NSW.

Apologies for getting a bit off track…here’s something to make up for it!
View attachment 1462868
"Can't you see!? She is gaining time! While we are busy with her, the other conspirators are getting away!"
"But at least, we got her!"
"Idiot! Then, why is that arrogant bitch still dressed and allowed to calmly sit there!? Get a knife, tear off these garments and start what you should already be doing!"

Back
Top Bottom