captives

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dear members and Montycrusto:
As I have commented on other times, the reason why I do not usually name artists is because the material that I post is heterogeneous (from different authors) since it does not come from my archives but they are images that I am collecting from a large number of sources that I visit regularly (yahoo groups, google groups, tumblr, deviantart, forums, blogspot, paysites ... etc). I enjoy daily this material that I find, which is often new to me. Then I classify it and sharewith you in the different threads. It is an activity that occupies me between one and two hours a day. Also writing the name of each artist would take me much more time for each message. In addition, there are many that I do not know the author or do not remember.
In any case, I don't think it is so important to know the authors because it can always be discovered.
I encourage all artists to sign their works and, those members who want to know the author of an image, to ask for him, because if I don't know, surely someone in the forum will know.
I hope you understand what I mean.

All the best,
Dafnees

As I have commented on other times, the reason why I do not usually name artists is because the material that I post is heterogeneous (from different authors) since it does not come from my archives but they are images that I am collecting from a large number of sources that I visit regularly (yahoo groups, google groups, tumblr, deviantart, forums, blogspot, paysites ... etc). I enjoy daily this material that I find, which is often new to me. Then I classify it and sharewith you in the different threads. It is an activity that occupies me between one and two hours a day. Also writing the name of each artist would take me much more time for each message. In addition, there are many that I do not know the author or do not remember.
In any case, I don't think it is so important to know the authors because it can always be discovered.
I encourage all artists to sign their works and, those members who want to know the author of an image, to ask for him, because if I don't know, surely someone in the forum will know.

All the best,
Dafnees
I basically do the same thing, and probably with the majority of photos I have no clue who created them or how old they are, so I don't attempt to id them. With artwork however, I try to id the artists if I can, or acknowledge that I don't know. It's a habit I picked over on the Gimp forum, but I neglected to do that on some of my early posts here. From now on I will try to id all artwork I post if possible. The true culprits are the people who crop and remove signatures and copyrights, then post them everywhere. I know i never intend to steal a creators credit, and I'm sure Dafnees and most other posters here feel the same. But I do think we should give credit where we can. We might keep in mind that if we only post material where we can identify the creator or artist, the number of images posted would be a small fraction of what they are.

Last edited:

All the best,
Dafnees
Thank you @Dafnees and I’m sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. In fact, I used to have the same attitude as you do now, back before I started uploading my own creative content. Now things look different, and I think it’s because I see both my own and my friends’ content being used by other people without credit. This probably isn’t the place to discuss it in detail, but I notice that other cf members have no trouble citing their sources and giving due credit, and that you even do it yourself sometimes.

All I’m saying is, let’s all please start giving a damn about the poor assholes who actually create this crap. Because if we don’t, they’ll stop making it. I don’t think it’s asking very much, frankly! :)

Thank you @Dafnees and I’m sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. In fact, I used to have the same attitude as you do now, back before I started uploading my own creative content. Now things look different, and I think it’s because I see both my own and my friends’ content being used by other people without credit. This probably isn’t the place to discuss it in detail, but I notice that other cf members have no trouble citing their sources and giving due credit, and that you even do it yourself sometimes.

All I’m saying is, let’s all please start giving a damn about the poor assholes who actually create this crap. Because if we don’t, they’ll stop making it. I don’t think it’s asking very much, frankly! :)
I do like it when artists include a signature on their work. That makes it easy to acknowledge. Much of the material I use for vignettes does not have any indication of who the creator is, which makes attribution very difficult.

I agree with your point but the most important is the signature of the work.
cap1.jpgcap2.jpgcap3.jpgcap4.jpgcap5.jpgcap6.jpgcap7.jpgcap8.jpg

Notice that #4, #5 and #6 are signed so this could be a good way to advertise and promote on the net. And free for them !!!
Of the other images I do not know the author... I could find the source but I am not sure about the artist.

All the best,
Dafnees

cap8.jpg
It’s too bad we don’t know who made this, I’d like to find more! :thumbsup:

I was finding and saving many images from Devianart before they decided to bite the hand that fed them. At first I assumed that whatever gallery I was in was by the artist creating the art in it. I quickly found out that wasn't necessarily true at all. I started seeing art I recognized posted, and the file name showed the name of the gallery's creator instead of the artist. Because of that, you can't rely on Deviantart file names to id an artist. Sometimes they're right, and sometimes they aren't. Just an fyi.

Image Fap is another source of images that rarely give any clue to the artist's id, and more times than not have the signatures cropped off.
I'm pointing this out to reiterate the point that it's not always possible to id a creator. But Monty is right, we should make an effort to if we can, or say we don't know.

But Monty is right, we should make an effort to if we can, or say we don't know.
Thank you Wulf!! I would like to see a little more effort going into crediting artists for their work, and if the artist is unknown, well that’s just the sort of problem that a forum like this can help to solve!

anyway, I’ve said my bit; I apologise to all here for being a moaning nuisance :doh:

That's how I imagine the typical nerd. I admit, I was a bit evil.
To tell the truth, the second image was finished allready, it comes from another project, I just used the scene and poses to put the other characters.
It's just that I am disappointed that many times girls seem to be more teenagers than women.
Long live to mature women !!!!

All the best,
Dafnees

Back
Top Bottom