Checking In For Punishment

Go to CruxDreams.com
Believe as a newbie will restrain myself from further reads by this author. Talented, but there is a certain rudeness that becomes old with the persisting penchant to abandon stories.

Would perceive rebukes a falsis principiis proficisci. So be it; the deeds mala fide tell the tale.

You try to come off intellectually here, but you just seem like someone who's irritated they didn't get what they wanted out of free content. Go ahead and complain if you pay, but to come up here and try to ruin it for the rest of us by discouraging Juan? Just anonymously stop reading if it bothers you so much.

Far from it. Regret if the whimsical Latin bothered, but seems the original point was missed so will say plainly. Juan is one of the most gifted writers have found on this site.

Have yet to read any work he has written, even the smallest piece, that did not immediately absorb the reader and leave a desire for more — however that is not the sadness. That is seeing someone gifted with such imaginations and talent not themselves enjoying the completeness of that unique gift — and perhaps looking back later wishing to have done. Life happens and there are no redos.

But enough said, and must agree that it is not my concern. So will wish him only the best and now check out of this thread.

Please don't let rude people get you down. I enjoy all of your stories and hope you continue them all.
Yo, Juan. Don't let people tell you how to do your thing. You're not rude at all, you've given many excellent stories for the cost of free. You are in no way obligated to anyone, so don't let them push you around. I'll happily read any story you have, finished or not, at whatever pace you deem fit to put them up.
Thanks, Guys. Criticism does hurt. Life is hard anyway. I don’t like to get into word battles online. Your support is helpful though.

Thanks, Guys. Criticism does hurt. Life is hard anyway. I don’t like to get into word battles online. Your support is helpful though.

I'm glad you've returned. I was afraid the ungrateful disposition of some of these replies might have burnt you out of providing content here, and that would be a shame. I hope we can look forward to more stories, in whatever way you choose to write/present them.

PLEASE PLEASE continue this......
The trouble with this story is that I only ever meant it to be about the check-in experience. I was going to end it before any actual punishment happened, because we’ve already discussed everything on the agenda, which in many ways is more exciting than actually doing it. But people were so supportive and asking for more, so I continued, but the truth is, at least so far, I just don’t have any great ideas of how to make this stay interesting. I’m sorry. :( Maybe something will hit me...

I've no problem with 'unfinished' stories. I've occasionally posted short stories myself that are simply dramatic events that can be left open-ended. Sometimes ideas prompted by a picture. And poems, or short 'prose poems' that simply hint at a scene and the feelings it arouses. Readers with imaginations (and I think we've plenty here) can use them, maybe even take up the idea themselves and run with it. There's no obligation whatever for everyone here to follow any set pattern, if your writings are arousing - as yours are, Juan - anything from a well-written short sketch to a full-length novel will find plenty of appreciative readers.

Readers with imaginations (and I think we've plenty here) can use them, maybe even take up the idea themselves and run with it.

I agree.

A story doesn't have to be a 'product', it can also be an opening into a landscape of imagination.

Juan has often touched upon fascinating and conflicting themes in his posts & stories.

Now there is nothing to be said against a nicely wrapped up and finished "hero's journey" (or heroine's journey ending with hanging from the hurt-beam ;) but there is also something to be said for something that fuels the imagination or offers a new view & setting.

Stories and imaginations for me are often more like a 'place to visit' than 'something that happened & then file it away'.

The trouble with this story is that I only ever meant it to be about the check-in experience. I was going to end it before any actual punishment happened, because we’ve already discussed everything on the agenda, which in many ways is more exciting than actually doing it. But people were so supportive and asking for more, so I continued, but the truth is, at least so far, I just don’t have any great ideas of how to make this stay interesting. I’m sorry. :( Maybe something will hit me...
It still turned me on immensely Juan. I’ll just read it again and ...

Back
Top Bottom