Classic Whipping Scenes Only

Go to CruxDreams.com
Not that hard to find

Of course, it's nowhere near as moving and gripping as the scene from "12 Years a Slave", which was truly a great film. Still the idea of two women being whipped together face-to-face is hot. I wrote a scene like that in "Spring Break Slaves", for those who enjoy literary pursuits ;)
That was really quite good. Looks like he's actually whipping them.

Some great scenes from Крепостная. Сезон 2, серия 1

View attachment 973436
View attachment 973437

Great scenes, indeed. In addition to the flogging, the night spent chained by neck and wrists in the dungeon is also very nice -- pity they didn't use the pillory in the corner.

Are you (or any other Russian speaker) able to give us some context and possibly dialogue transcription? Who is she, and what has she done to offend the other lady, who sounds very angry and appears to issue some very severe threats and instructions for punishment? From the dress (albeit dirty and ripped), she appears to be distinctly higher class than the peasants but not as grand as the mistress, and obviously not used to manual labour. I presume that further punishment is forthcoming after the cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

I did a quick online search and found a trailer which has a few seconds of another flogging scene from this series (see attached very brief video clip) -- same girl, different flogger and this time her dress is ripped from her back before the flogging. Is there a longer version of that one online?

«Крепостная» flogging dress ripped-00.00.01.560.jpeg«Крепостная» flogging dress ripped-00.00.04.763.jpeg

Attachments

• «Крепостная» flogging dress ripped.mp4
    1.6 MB
Great scenes, indeed. In addition to the flogging, the night spent chained by neck and wrists in the dungeon is also very nice -- pity they didn't use the pillory in the corner.

Are you (or any other Russian speaker) able to give us some context and possibly dialogue transcription? Who is she, and what has she done to offend the other lady, who sounds very angry and appears to issue some very severe threats and instructions for punishment? From the dress (albeit dirty and ripped), she appears to be distinctly higher class than the peasants but not as grand as the mistress, and obviously not used to manual labour. I presume that further punishment is forthcoming after the cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

I did a quick online search and found a trailer which has a few seconds of another flogging scene from this series (see attached very brief video clip) -- same girl, different flogger and this time her dress is ripped from her back before the flogging. Is there a longer version of that one online?

View attachment 973977View attachment 973978

Answering (part of) my own question, I have found the international trailer online, which is sub-titled and has a few more seconds of that other flogging scene:

The producers' plot summary is:

Kateryna is beautiful, clever and by the will of her godmother was raised as a lady of noble blood. But for the whole world, she is only someone else’s property, a bondmaid of the richest landowner in Nizhyn – Chervinskyi. Struggling for her freedom and the right to be happy, she will have to endure the deaths of her closest people, become the property of a woman who hates and dreams to kill her, survive the popular uprising, escape while being chased by a maniac and flee from the one who wants to get her above all. What awaits Kateryna at the end of such a terrible and exhausting path to freedom?

It seems that this Youtube channel has all episodes of both series in 720p and full-length (but without subtitles), so with a bit of patience I should be able to find the full-length version of that scene (and any others of interest). Still would be nice to have English subtitles.

Flogging scene from Banished (BBC, 2015) -- MyAnna Buring. I found these screen caps out of order, so I'm not sure this is the correct sequence.

View attachment 973355View attachment 973351View attachment 973353View attachment 973350View attachment 973354View attachment 973352View attachment 973349
This was completely unrealistic, the flogging would have been applied to bare flesh, for reasons of hygene officially or for prurience anyway. Whether the decision to have MyAnna retain her top was made by the director or by the actress herself, I don`t know.

Answering (part of) my own question, I have found the international trailer online, which is sub-titled and has a few more seconds of that other flogging scene:

The producers' plot summary is:

Kateryna is beautiful, clever and by the will of her godmother was raised as a lady of noble blood. But for the whole world, she is only someone else’s property, a bondmaid of the richest landowner in Nizhyn – Chervinskyi. Struggling for her freedom and the right to be happy, she will have to endure the deaths of her closest people, become the property of a woman who hates and dreams to kill her, survive the popular uprising, escape while being chased by a maniac and flee from the one who wants to get her above all. What awaits Kateryna at the end of such a terrible and exhausting path to freedom?

It seems that this Youtube channel has all episodes of both series in 720p and full-length (but without subtitles), so with a bit of patience I should be able to find the full-length version of that scene (and any others of interest). Still would be nice to have English subtitles.
Unfortunately they change the girl before starting the whipping. The second one choosed for the whip is not as cute as the first one and she is clothed.

Unfortunately they change the girl before starting the whipping. The second one choosed for the whip is not as cute as the first one and she is clothed.

I have now found the scene, and you are entirely right: the trailer is a tease and Kateryna doesn't actually get flogged in that scene. Without understanding Russian, I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but from what I can gather our heroine has resisted an attempted rape by the big boss man during a carriage ride and on arrival is dragged out of the carriage, tied to a whipping post and the big boss tells his minion to give her 40 lashes. The back of her dress gets ripped down and she's just about to get the first lash on the bare back when Mr Big orders a stop and has her released. Some other girl in peasant's dress is unhappy about that and starts shouting. Mr Big then orders her to get the lashes instead, but without having her top ripped down. So, we do get a flogging, just not the one promised in the trailer. And yes, the peasant girl is not as pretty as our heroine, although not exactly ugly either.

It's still a nice scene, and a tease ahead to the episode posted by @Kav above, when we finally get Kateryna's flogging promised in the earlier episode (but still not on the bare skin). Although we don't get bare skin, the peasant girl ends up with a bloody back and it's pretty brutal, especially once Mr Big grabs the whip himself and starts losing it. Despite not getting the lash, Kataryna still gets thrown into a lock-up, ripped dress and all, and suffers prettily (no chains here, though).

For reference, the flogging scene is in Series 1, Episode 18, starting at 7:45, running to 10:04, and then after a brief interposed scene resumes at 10:57 to 12:28. Pretty long, really:

I've also briefly flicked through Episode 24 (the last one of series 1, and the one immediately before the episode posted by @Kav). That one has Peasant Girl trying to commit suicide by hanging, and spending some time dangling from the rope and kicking her heels before being rescued. Later in the episode, we have a slave auction of sort where Kataryna ends up being owned by the lady who later has her flogged -- she gets dragged barefoot and with tied wrists behind a cart. Altogether, this series appears to have been put together by a serious fetishist!

Last edited:
Altogether, this series appears to have been put together by a serious fetishist!

Well worth fast-forwarding through this series, even for non-Russian speakers as me. Trying to keep count, I have seen (including the scenes above):

SPOILER ALERT!
  1. Episode 1: House maid gets raped by the lord of the estate (the husband of Kataryna's Godmother and patroness, and thus presumably also Kataryna's owner).
  2. Episode 2: Male flogging scene. Unlike the girls, the men do get whipped topless in this show.
  3. Episodes 3-17: Lots of melodramatic overemoting and picturesque tears, but no scenes of relevant interest here until Kataryna's godmother dies of a heart attack during her son's wedding feast in Episode 17, setting off a sequence of violent events to follow over the next episodes.
  4. Episode 18: Lord's son (despite being freshly married), tries to rape Kataryna in a carriage. When she resists, she is tied to a whipping post, gets her dress ripped from her back, but is reprieved at the last second. Peasant Girl gets flogged instead for protesting against this leniency, ends up with bloody back. Kataryna is locked up in a dirty arrest cell on the estate, where she spends the next three episodes with her torn dress getting ever dirtier.
  5. Episode 19: Another rape attempt, this time by overseer on housemaid. Cut short early by son's new wife appearing.
  6. Episode 24: Peasant Girl hangs herself, lots of gurgling and heels kicking on screen, but rescued at the last second. After the death of her Godmother, Kataryna gets sold (or gifted?) to Evil Lady owner of neigbouring estate, who makes her take off her boots and walk barefoot to her new home tied by the wrists to a cart. On arrival at Evil Lady's estate, Evil Lady cuts off Kataryna's long hair. Series 1 ends with Kataryna with tied wrists, sweaty, dirty and in despair but still wearing her posh dress.
  7. Episode 25: Series 2 starts exactly where Series 1 ended. Kataryna gets further humiliated by Evil Lady, then chained overnight in dungeon standing with spread wrists and iron collar around the neck. The next day, Kataryna is flogged at the whipping post by evil overseer, then sent to work in the fields, still in her posh dress.
  8. Episode 27: Evil Lady sees two of her peasants kissing. Has girl flogged, makes her boyfriend marry random other peasant girl out of spite.
  9. Episode 28: Evil Lady sees Kataryna mourning at her godmother's grave, has her evil overseer dig another grave and bury Kataryna alive (no coffin, just earth shovelled straight onto her). Evil Lady leaves Kataryna for dead. When news of this gets back to the estate, peasant revolt kicks off and mansion is torched. Evil overseer is killed in revolt.
  10. Episode 29: Starts with flashback to live burial scene, showing that once Evil Lady leaves gravesite, not-actually-evil-after-all overseer jumps into grave and digs Kataryna up, still barely alive. Brief male flogging scene after peasant's revolt is suppressed (which one would think should have led to more bloody retribution...).
  11. Episode 31: Kataryna flees to city, collapses in the street and gets taken in by a brothel madam who nurses her back to health (cue lots of fancy 19th century corsetry exhibited by various half-dressed prostitutes). Meanwhile, another flogging of a girl back on the estate: the overseer (not the one who was killed) gets to whip the housemaid he tried to rape in Ep. 19. She's dressed only in a linen shift, which ends up bloody, but no exposed skin.
  12. Episode 32: Various brothel scenes as Kataryna gets drawn in by the madam into ever more compromising situations, eventually ending dressed like the other whores and mingling with clients in the bar (but still virgin).
  13. Episode 33: One of the brothel whores gets her throat cut by a client, blood everywhere.
  14. Episode 36: Kataryna finally realises the brothel madam is grooming her as a whore, she knocks out her first paying client after another attempted rape scene.
  15. Episode 37: Kataryna escapes the brothel and is taken in by posh rescuer. Chaste romance ensues (we gloss over the fact that they met in a brothel).
  16. Episode 45: Kataryna is kidnapped, and seen tied and briefly gagged in a carriage and delivered back to her old Lord's son (the one who tried to rape and whip her in Episode 18). At the end of the episode she gets the starring role in a satanic virgin sacrifice, dressed in her nightie, handgagged and legs spread by minions, with cross marked in blood on her forehead. Cliffhanger just as the priest/madman hold a knife aloft.
  17. Episode 46: We resume the ritual sacrifice after the cliffhanger, with priest/madman carving a symbol into Kataryna's lower arm with the knife. Ritual peters out when Lord's son appears (although he doesn't seem surprised or perturbed by the scene).
  18. Episode 47: Kataryna is tied hand and foot and gagged in a shed by priest/madman. There follows a protracted sequence of improbable damsel-in-distress scenarios including another attempt at ritual sacrifice followed by a last ditch escape from a burning building, fleeing across a frozen lake, breaking through the ice and nearly drowing/freezing to death ending with Kataryna being rescued by same posh lover as before and once again convalescing in her sick bed (the third time, I think).
  19. Episode 48: Happy endings and weddings all around, spoilt only by groom being stabbed (to death?) by mystery assassin in the last minute of the series.
So, in 48 episodes, there are four (and a half) floggings of girls (Episodes 18, 25, 27 and 31), one hanging (non-fatal), one throat cutting (fatal), one drowning (non-fatal), one live burial (non-fatal, barely), one-and-a-half attempted virgin sacrifices, one rape, (at least) three attempted rapes and one forced haircut, plus multiple protracted scenes of bondage, gagging, kidnapping, humiliation and imprisonment in various dungeons and a brothel, with reams of corsetry and fetish underwear on show. The Perils Of Pauline have nothing on those of Kataryna. All of this with only two very brief nude scenes (both shot from behind).

In a way it's good I don't understand Russian -- much more fun making up my own plot connections between all these lurid scenes.

All of these episodes are on Youtube in HD and full length, in these two playlists:

Series 1:

Series 2:

Last edited:
Now that I have found all those flogging scenes, it's quick work to make a few screen caps. If you want to watch the scenes on Youtube, the Episode number and timestamp for each cap is in the filename.

Starting with Episode 18: Kataryna gets tied to the whipping post, but released and replaced by Peasant Girl who gets flogged instead:

. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.08.24.433...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.08.47.312...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.09.13.432...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.09.16.592...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.09.20.879...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.09.39.881...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.09.45.703...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.09.50.965...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.09.55.494...jpeg. СЕРИЯ 18. МЕЛОДРАМА ≡ LOVE IN CHAINS. Episode 18 (1080p_25fps_AV1-128kbit_AAC)-00.10.58.177...jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom