Comedy Corner

Go to CruxDreams.com
On Food and Cooking is a book on the chemistry of food, by Harold McGee, first published in 1984.

It describes the concerns of the Space Program for astronauts cooped up for long periods in tight spaces.

With so many variables in play, it seemed to some space scientists that control could be exercised only at the level of personnel. In 1968, one wrote that “for extended space flights, it may be advantageous to select astronauts who produce minimal amounts of methane and hydrogen and who do not normally produce very large quantities of flatus; and … selection criteria for astronauts might be established to eliminate those candidates who demonstrate marked or excessive gastroenterologic responses to stress ….” What a way to wash out!

I suppose I shouldn't laugh at this, but amateurs doing something requiring professionals can be quite entertaining. :clap: Especially those amateurs that have no concept of the laws of physics, or gravity.

All of the kids in our neighborhood had a sandbox to play in,I had a quicksand box, I was an only child eventually!

Back
Top Bottom