Comments On The New Rules And Conditions.

Go to CruxDreams.com
I hope to be wrong
But today i didn't saw much activty, maybe new rules are littel "scary" for soeme peole, i mean it's right to put them but there are many ways in doing it.
I make you an exemple i'm the mod of one big section of an italian forum on file sharing, 783645 users , and i have changed all rules in a differnt way.
Before there was only sentences like "You can't do that" "You can't write that" i instead didn't gives orders to people, i made a friendly Page whit nice images.
I didn't use any kind of words who seam "imposition", but i write down things as adivices, tring to involve people, telling them this is you forum, i don't think you like to get inside and have fights, as you don't like to have fights in real life.
People feels more at home this way, on the net nuts are everywhere, but i consider them as childs, i don't impose things to them, i try to make them understand they are wrong , if they persist or are just nuts, i press the magic BAN button :p and it's over whitout stress, arguing whit nuts has no sense.

I don't want to teach anything, but when you make a rules for a forum or a webpage there is one important thing to keep in mind, people don't read, i have stats that show that people read an avarage of 10 lines then close the page.
Google made a reserch only the 32% of users goes after page 1, so or goole is perfect or people want to find everthing immediatly.

Another aspect is this people don't have time, this is why when i design a webpage, like a Photoshopping service i just put a lot of image no explanation except for privacy rules , basically is the same i done whit the forum, i alredy know that people don't read a crap, so i put image i accept mistakes if the user is respectful it's fine, if not as i said BAN.
Cheers
Jack

There's a lot of wisdom in that Jack, thanks.​
I certainly hope people aren't inhibited by the new Rules -​
they're looming a bit large at the moment,​
I hope they'll soon fade into the background.​
We need only them as warnings around the edge of our "island",​
so we can point them out when people are getting dangerously near the "edge"​
but most of our active members most of the time needn't be concerned about them at all.​
And, yes, what really matters is the way staff and "old hands" (kisses, admi!)​
make newcomers feel welcome,​
give help when it's needed, friendly advice when that's needed,​
and keep the "iron fist" for the rare occasions it has to be used.​

:D:D:D
I think that should go at the top of the Rules,​
just so they know!​
Hm, actually I don't know.
Honestly, wouldn't it be tempting for girls like you to violate the rules, if such a reward errr punishment is waiting? ;)

"People feels more at home this way, on the net nuts are everywhere, but i consider them as childs, i don't impose things to them, i try to make them understand they are wrong , if they persist or are just nuts, i press the magic BAN button :p and it's over whitout stress, arguing whit nuts has no sense."

:)

I certainly hope people aren't inhibited by the new Rules -​
they're looming a bit large at the moment,​
I hope they'll soon fade into the background.​
We need only them as warnings around the edge of our "island"​
That's my view on the sense of rules as well, specially in the light of this forum successful past without any specific rules.
They are looming as large as they are only...
I don't know if its a successful strategy to define rules and then count on people only observing them partially... ("fade into the background").

And, yes, what really matters is the way staff and "old hands" (kisses, admi!)​
make newcomers feel welcome,​
give help when it's needed, friendly advice when that's needed,​
and keep the "iron fist" for the rare occasions it has to be used.​
yes I'm flushing red:rolleyes:

That's my view on the sense of rules as well, specially in the light of this forum successful past without any specific rules.
They are looming as large as they are only...
I don't know if its a successful strategy to define rules and then count on people only observing them partially... ("fade into the background").
'fade into the background' doesn't mean they're observing them partially,​
it means they're observing them naturally, without thinking about it,​
as most of us are doing most of the time​

"People feels more at home this way, on the net nuts are everywhere, but i consider them as childs, i don't impose things to them, i try to make them understand they are wrong , if they persist or are just nuts, i press the magic BAN button :p and it's over whitout stress, arguing whit nuts has no sense."

:)
logical mel couldn't miss

That's my rule page :
manifesto.png
Partendo dal presupposto che siate quà per divertirvi e fare nuove amicizie vorremmo suggeririvi alcuni comportamenti da evitare​
A noi non piacciono queste cose :
rissa2149x150.jpg
La nostra forza e ciò che ci contraddistigue, stà nell'essere un gruppo di persone consapevoli, educate e rispettose del prossimo, tale atteggiamento si tramuta in questo :​
11786528849p3kdf.png
Bello è ??
A tal proposto vi cosigliamo di evitare qualunque discussione di tipo, Politica, Religiosa e di accettare che altre persone abbiano opnioni diverse dalla vostra​
Il nostro motto è questo :​
educazioneforti.png
Se condividete con noi lo stesso modo di pensare vi chiediamo cortesemente di spendere pochi minuti leggendo alcuni manifesti all'interno del forum​
Si tratta di cose molto importanti, per garantire la vostra sicurezza e allo stesso tempo avere un forum che sia il vostro punto di ritrovo preferito ;)
Quà trovate alcune semplici spiegazioni su come utilizzare la board : link​
Quà abbiamo raccolto, per chi è alle prime armi, una serie di links per iniziare a fare uso della board : link​
Buona permanenza
I'm sure you got the message even if is in italian and there is also google translator.

Because of edit time i translate for you the rules using goole translator
First sentence is :
Assuming that you are here to have fun and make new friends we would like to suggest some behaviors to avoid (no impositions)
Second sentence : We don't like (see the image of people fighting) next is : Our strength and what we contraddistigue, a group of people is in being aware, educated and respectful of others, this attitude turns into this: ( see the pic whit friends )
Third sentence :
Nice do you agree ?
Our advise is to avoid any discussion of type, Politics, Religious and accept and respect differents opinons of others members as they will do whit yours. ( no imposition)
Our motto is this: ( pic may be translate like this : Education makes stronger )
Fourth sentence :
If you share with us the same kind of thinking we kindly ask you to spend a few minutes reading some rules in the forum ( no imposition )
They are very important things, to ensure your safety and at the same time have a forum that is your favorite meeting place.
Have a nice stay.
-----------
Then i linked a page that in this forum could be like this : ( once again no imposition just kinds advices )
Please avoid any to post any material whit people under 18 ( Not written if somene do it Banning time ;) )
Please etc...
------
See this way you don't "assault" people or make them read a list of rules, that we alredy know nobody will read , you will let people insised, give them information on how to beahave.
If someone will not respect what is stated as Melissa likes too :D magic BAN button.
Once again my intencion is not to teach anyone how to menage a forum , it's just an exemple of my way and i ensure you it works well.
Cheers
Jack

That's what my friend does if I talk more than 10 minutes in once....:p
Goh...............have you time for that? but snatch that body.......... and whhhooouwhh

------
See this way you don't "assault" people or make them read a list of rules, that we alredy know nobody will read , you will let people insised, give them information on how to beahave.
If someone will not respect what is stated as Melissa likes too :D magic BAN button.
Once again my intencion is not to teach anyone how to menage a forum , it's just an exemple of my way and i ensure you it works well.
Cheers
Jack
I like the style, Jack,​
perhaps you should be Legatus (diplomat!)​
Given the nature and content of CruxForums, and the kinds of problems we could face if we're not careful,​
we probably do need to be more formal, but the friendly, welcoming spirit of your 'rule page' is most appealing.​
Thanks for letting us see it - certainly no offence taken!​

Derest Eualia
You know someone also ask me to became a politician :D but this in italy means being corrupt and dirt and worst than any criminal :D
I'm aware that this is differnt place, so it also need changes of course , but the only way i had to explane my style was by making you take a look at it, certanlly i couldn't explane it whit my english.
Anyway as i said it's just to give to you a differnt prospective or approch to the same thing.
Thanks so much for your kinds words and intrest.
Cheers
Giacomo

Your Rule page is extremely well set out jack. You are certainly very talented at web design. I haven't forgotten your input with the current logo of this site. Unfortunately we are not as talented as you when it comes to design.

Dear Mel thanks so much i'm flattered :oops: i do many websites mine it's not talent it's just that i'm used to those things, anyway i din't imagine i have to tell you that you can ask me everything you need and i may try to do it as you wish... you should alredy know that i would be very pleased if i may help.

Back
Top Bottom