Computer platform for Crucifixions?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Well if you want to create crux art, I would suggest that you start with Daz Studio. It's a free download (though a lot of the content is not - although this is the internet, so everything is free if you know where to look for it ;) and there is a fair bit of genuinely free content for it out there too) and is pretty stable. For best results, run it in native Windows 7 - I have a Win7 PC just for doing 3D art - mt main system runs Linux and while it is possible to run Daz under Linux with a fair bit of messing around, I've never been able to get it to run as nicely as it does in windows 7

Daz is fairly easy to use once you get to grips with it, but it does have a steep learning curve. Fortunately there are thousands of great tutorials on Youtube and elsewhere on the internet.

If you want to do 2D photo manipulations rather than actual 3D art, then Photoshop or one of the free alternatives such as the amusingly (and appropriately) named GIMP will be the way to go. In this case almost any painting software will work, but you really need one that supports layered editing (so MS Paint is out as far as this is concerned)

If you can draw in RL you can work in photoshop or other such programs.

If you are like me not blessed with excellent drawing skills you better go 3D

I run Daz studio with windows 10 64 bit version it runs fine..
If you want fast renders a good computer and a good NVIDIA graphics card are recommended .

yeah it's a steep leaning curve but there are lots of youtube videos to help you..
making 3D scenes and rendering quality is combining lots of skills together..

I think It is worth it dont' regret my quest to learn 3d stuff..
Still trying to learn new things every week or month..

there are lots of 3D props to find online, not all of them free ofc.
But you can come quite a long way with free stuff.

Good luck and have fun!

Well if you want to create crux art, I would suggest that you start with Daz Studio. It's a free download (though a lot of the content is not - although this is the internet, so everything is free if you know where to look for it ;) and there is a fair bit of genuinely free content for it out there too) and is pretty stable. For best results, run it in native Windows 7 - I have a Win7 PC just for doing 3D art - mt main system runs Linux and while it is possible to run Daz under Linux with a fair bit of messing around, I've never been able to get it to run as nicely as it does in windows 7

Daz is fairly easy to use once you get to grips with it, but it does have a steep learning curve. Fortunately there are thousands of great tutorials on Youtube and elsewhere on the internet.

If you want to do 2D photo manipulations rather than actual 3D art, then Photoshop or one of the free alternatives such as the amusingly (and appropriately) named GIMP will be the way to go. In this case almost any painting software will work, but you really need one that supports layered editing (so MS Paint is out as far as this is concerned)
Thank you! I’ve heard of Daz and even Second Life. Although Second Life is more of a virtual world the graphics don’t look that great at all. But I’ll definitely look more into Daz. I do have computer that is a HP Omen with 16 GB of Ram, Windows 10 so hopefully it would be able to run ‍♂️.

If you can draw in RL you can work in photoshop or other such programs.

If you are like me not blessed with excellent drawing skills you better go 3D

I run Daz studio with windows 10 64 bit version it runs fine..
If you want fast renders a good computer and a good NVIDIA graphics card are recommended .

yeah it's a steep leaning curve but there are lots of youtube videos to help you..
making 3D scenes and rendering quality is combining lots of skills together..

I think It is worth it dont' regret my quest to learn 3d stuff..
Still trying to learn new things every week or month..

there are lots of 3D props to find online, not all of them free ofc.
But you can come quite a long way with free stuff.

Good luck and have fun!
Thank you, yea I’m more into the 3D art rather than 2D. I’ll defiantly check it out.

Thank you! I’ve heard of Daz and even Second Life. Although Second Life is more of a virtual world the graphics don’t look that great at all. But I’ll definitely look more into Daz. I do have computer that is a HP Omen with 16 GB of Ram, Windows 10 so hopefully it would be able to run ‍♂️.
That's a much higher spec machine than mine so you should be fine (My 3D rig has AMD A6-7400K with 10Gb RAM and a 1Gb Nvidia GTX-550Ti)

The graphics card is the stumbling block here - for Daz to do fast GPU rendering, the entire scene has to fit into the amount of RAM of the graphics card - if only part of the scene fits then the whole thing will use the CPU instead which is much slower.

For example, if (like me), you have 1Gb on the graphics card, and the scene is 1.1Gb, then the entire scene will be rendered using software on the CPU, so for fast rendering you need a card with more RAM.

I really need 4Gb on my graphics card to get fast renders...

You should be able to run it... the videocard is getting important for the speed of making High quality renders..
not for running the program itself

My old computer with mediocre videocard took 20-60 minutes over some scenes that take me now 1 or 2 minutes.
making the scenes goes only quicker becasue I can correct things more easily after making full renders straight away

You should be able to run it... the videocard is getting important for the speed of making High quality renders..
not for running the program itself

My old computer with mediocre videocard took 20-60 minutes over some scenes that take me now 1 or 2 minutes.
Holy crap! My renders take anything from 2 hours to 20 hours :(

Yeah I know I got a monster PC with i9 processor and nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 super.. expensive.. but a rendermonster..
Quite a good gaming PC too:p

BTW wouldn't recommend buying such a computer unless you know you like doing 3D stuff

Last edited:
Yeah I know I got a monster PC with i9 processor and nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 super.. expensive.. but a rendermonster..
Quite a good gaming PC too:p

BTW wouldn't recommend buying such a computer unless you know you like doing 3D stuff
Well I do enjoy making 3D art but I'd have to be doing it for a living to justify the cost of that sort of hardware

As long as you are having fun:p

According to Daz the minimum and recommended PC specification are:

Windows®​

32 bit​

• Intel Dual Core (or equivalent) or greater
  • 1.6 GHz (2 GHz dual core or faster recommended)
  • Windows 10, 8, 7, & Vista, (Windows 10, 8, or 7 is recommended)
  • 1 GB RAM min (2GB+ recommended)
  • 1GB free hard drive space for installation
  • OpenGL 1.6 compatible graphics card with at least 128 MB RAM (Hardware accelerated OpenGL 2.2, or higher, compatible recommended with 512MB RAM)
  • DirectX 9 (used for audio processing only)

64 bit​

• WHQL-64 certified
  • Intel Xeon/Core 2 Duo or Quad /Core i7 or AMD Opteron/Phenom processor(s)
  • Windows 10, 8, 7 & Vista (Windows 10, 8, or 7 is recommended)
  • 2 GB RAM min (3GB+ RAM recommended)
  • 1GB free hard drive space for installation
  • Hardware accelerated OpenGL 1.6 compatible graphics card with at least 512 MB RAM (OpenGL 2.2, or higher, compatible recommended)
  • DirectX 9 (used for audio processing only)

Notes: NVIDIA RTX 2060 or above recommended for Daz Studio 4.12. NVIDIA Iray Render Engine: 64-bit only. CUDA Compute Capability 2.0 or greater required.

I find that a RTX 2060 is nice to have but i can do a simple scene with a GTX1650 with 4gig of video memory.

Another option is to export the scene created in Daz Studio to Blender 2.90 that can then render the scene with a less powerful computer:

Blender 2.90 Hardware Requirements:​

Minimum​

• 64-bit dual core 2Ghz CPU with SSE2 support
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 1280×768 display
  • Mouse, trackpad or pen+tablet
  • Graphics card with 1 GB RAM, OpenGL 3.3
  • Less than 10 year old

Recommended​

• 64-bit quad core CPU
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Full HD display
  • Three button mouse or pen+tablet
  • Graphics card with 4 GB RAM

Optimal​

• 64-bit eight core CPU
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Full HD displays
  • Three button mouse and pen+tablet
  • Graphics card with +12 GB RAM

Supported Graphics Cards​

• NVIDIA: GeForce 400 and newer, Quadro Tesla GPU architecture and newer, including RTX-based cards, with NVIDIA drivers (list of all GeForce and Quadro GPUs)
  • AMD: GCN 1st gen and newer (list of all AMD GPUs)
  • Intel: Haswell and newer (list of all Intel GPUs)
  • macOS: version 10.13 or newer with supported hardware
Always make sure to install the latest drivers from the graphics card manufacturer website.
These requirements are for basic Blender operation, Cycles rendering using the GPU has higher requirements.

But some talented 3d artist can do amazing results with antique hardware you just have to be patient when its time to render.....
Yeah let's not forget that the vast majority of 3D art we see in these forums was rendered years ago, before such hardware even existed

Made most of my stuff with a nvidia GT730 from 2014/15 to begin this year..
With the old hardware I made quarter sized pre-renders / halfsized testrenders for testing scenes before committing to a full render and its long duration..
It will help to have some 2D graphic skills to make small corrections that way instead of redoing a full render.

Back
Top Bottom