Crucified males

Go to CruxDreams.com

Dax

Condemned
Anyone interested in a crucifixion role-play?
Let me know! :)

It is a warm July day, the sun is just rising as the for from the night before slowly fades away. I slowly open my eyes and adjust myself on the cold hot floor beneath me, I look to my right and notice one guard walking past my cell and into the next room. I adjust myself to a sitting up position and stretch, every muscle in my body is stiff and sore to the touch. I lean back against the wall and close my eyes, trying not to think about the events that will take place today, not that I can be surprised with the actions that I took the days prior. I look the the large clock across the room, 10 minutes, I think to myself.

I feel the hair on the back of my neck begin to sit up and I open my eyes. I can hear several other prisoners moaning and groaning, some of them deserve to be here and some don’t, not that any of that matters now. I look down at my tattered clothes, covered in filth and grime, the smell is unreal. I look up to see another guard entering the room and speaking to another, he looks at the clock and looks at me before returning to talk to another guard. “Almost show time” I whisper to myself and look back at the large clock, 5 minutes.

woodflesh

Magistrate
Anyone interested in a crucifixion role-play?
Let me know! :)

It is a warm July day, the sun is just rising as the for from the night before slowly fades away. I slowly open my eyes and adjust myself on the cold hot floor beneath me, I look to my right and notice one guard walking past my cell and into the next room. I adjust myself to a sitting up position and stretch, every muscle in my body is stiff and sore to the touch. I lean back against the wall and close my eyes, trying not to think about the events that will take place today, not that I can be surprised with the actions that I took the days prior. I look the the large clock across the room, 10 minutes, I think to myself.

I feel the hair on the back of my neck begin to sit up and I open my eyes. I can hear several other prisoners moaning and groaning, some of them deserve to be here and some don’t, not that any of that matters now. I look down at my tattered clothes, covered in filth and grime, the smell is unreal. I look up to see another guard entering the room and speaking to another, he looks at the clock and looks at me before returning to talk to another guard. “Almost show time” I whisper to myself and look back at the large clock, 5 minutes.
Gladly, shall I be the executioner or the condemned?

dismasdolben

Executioner
Anybody here who actually thinks Mel Gibson's horrible film is an accurate representation of "the passion of Christ" should take a look at the comments thread here:

...and especially this paragraph:

Jesus goading his torturers to beat him further. While it is true (and RARELY acknowledged) that Mediterranean ethno-hypermasculinity DOES play a significant role in ALL Gospel passion accounts (he can hang on a cross for six hours without complaining = ideal Mediterranean male), Gibson doesn't understand this. Yes, Jesus, like a TYPICAL Mediterranean male of his time, had been conditioned to suffer silently. So it is culturally plausible that Jesus was a macho, Middle Eastern man. But Gibson goes further, showing that Jesus SOUGHT AFTER increased physical pain. While the Bible does find endurance of physical pain HONORABLE and HONORABLE to GOD, it never makes PAIN ITSELF something atoning or having atoning significance! Rather, it is the honorable heroic DEATH Jesus experienced that the New Testament documents find atoning significance in. Jesus (honorably) DIED for sins (acts which shamed God), but it wasn't the heaped pains of Jesus that accomplished this. Also, the real horror of the Cross for first-century Mediterranean believers would be the SHAME of it, not the pain. Mediterranean males were conditioned for pain, but shame (like public exposure for hours naked; befouling yourself, uncontrollable erection, complete abandonment by family, etc.) was worse than death. Gibson is impacted by Medieval overemphasis of Good Friday imagery and painful penance practices. Like Puritanical expressions of Protestantism, Gibson's style of Catholicism has more in common with BDSM practices than with the Gospel. For Gibson, Jesus is WILLING it all, but the Synoptic Gospels present Jesus' will as choosing powerlessness, not forcing his tormentors on. This picture of Gibson, while popular, is nowhere in the Gospels. True, in the New Testament God is seen culturally as a Mediterranean Godfather figure impressed and honored by his Son's ability to MANFULLY obey and stoically endure pain (and there are, admittedly, limits to this image), but never as a SADIST. Here, Gibson is horrendously off exegetically and theologically.

Top Bottom