Crucified males

Go to CruxDreams.com

phlebas

PRIMUS POENUS
Staff member
Who's familiar with the Max Klinger crucifixion tableau, which has one of the few examples of a sedile in religious art?

I did a minor manip of it some years ago, improving some of the features :)

It has been pointed out that those figures in the background are up to something questionable . . . . .

ph130.jpg

PhilX

Magistrate
I did a minor manip of it some years ago, improving some of the features :)

It has been pointed out that those figures in the background are up to something questionable . . . . .

View attachment 1090997
It's an interesting image, I wish the figures were higher off the ground though. I always imagine that sort of plank sedile to be planed to a sharp edge on the top to make it extremely nasty to sit astride on. The two naked figures in the back are in my view an unwelcome distraction, I always prefer only those being crucified to be stark naked with everyone else present clothed, that makes their nudity something they would be acutely aware of to add to their humiliation. If naked guys were there amongst the spectators it sort of diminishes the victims' shame.

dismasdolben

Executioner
It's an interesting image, I wish the figures were higher off the ground though. I always imagine that sort of plank sedile to be planed to a sharp edge on the top to make it extremely nasty to sit astride on. The two naked figures in the back are in my view an unwelcome distraction, I always prefer only those being crucified to be stark naked with everyone else present clothed, that makes their nudity something they would be acutely aware of to add to their humiliation. If naked guys were there amongst the spectators it sort of diminishes the victims' shame.
I assumed the naked men in the background were executioners. Crucifying is strenuous work, and the pagan soldiers who did it were not Jews, hence few qualms about nudity.

PhilX

Magistrate
I assumed the naked men in the background were executioners. Crucifying is strenuous work, and the pagan soldiers who did it were not Jews, hence few qualms about nudity.
Yeah that is most likely a good explanation, however I still prefer in my own scenario that only those crucified were completely nude, they would feel the vulnerability & the loneliness of the only ones stark naked amongst a crowd of dressed (& armed) people.

ralmcg

Governor
In my male crucifixion scenario he is completely naked. He is facing the wood, with his ass on display for all the onlookers to see. The crowd is permitted to play with him, pumping his dick, the women penetrating his asshole with their fingers and dildos. The guards are female and they remark on his body and his bodily functions.

dismasdolben

Executioner
Yeah that is most likely a good explanation, however I still prefer in my own scenario that only those crucified were completely nude, they would feel the vulnerability & the loneliness of the only ones stark naked amongst a crowd of dressed (& armed) people.
For those who doubt that Christ's executioners may have worked naked.

Attachments

• Catapulta_by_Edward_Poynter.jpg
    Catapulta_by_Edward_Poynter.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Otto_Greiner_-_Golgotha (1).jpg
    Otto_Greiner_-_Golgotha (1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 348

Patrizio

Magistrate
iclausewitz, I like your creations, as I will never be able to experience them live, I would like to use your images to experiment them using Photoshop, if you allow me

Madiosi

Depictor of Dreams
Staff member
iclausewitz, I like your creations, as I will never be able to experience them live, I would like to use your images to experiment them using Photoshop, if you allow me
Madiosi-2021-110-crucifixion.jpg It's your body. Unfortunately the avatar image is to little for a clear cut out.

Top Bottom