Crucified males

Go to CruxDreams.com
A reprise of what I wrote earlier:

We are planning a crucifixion in the spring and/or the summer, and we are seeking to find a location north, south, east or west of Phoenix, Arizona, which would be a good setting for the likes of what's shown in the illustrations below.

We want to find a remote, deserted place for a crucifixion scene.

A place where the participants can be humiliated.

A place where the individuals to be crucified may be affixed to their crosses, with no onlookers around.

And mounted on their stipes.

Thoroughly humiliated and mocked by our executioner(s), as we hang writhing on our crosses.

Can anyone help us find such a place—one that is private, but which can be made to seem public for our participant

4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

We are planning a crucifixion in the spring and/or the summer, and we are seeking to find a location north, south, east or west of Phoenix, Arizona, which would be a good setting for the likes of what's shown in the illustrations below.

A place where the individuals to be crucified may be affixed to their crosses, with no onlookers around.

Thoroughly humiliated and mocked by our executioner(s), as we hang writhing on our crosses.

Can anyone help us find such a place—one that is private, but which can be made to seem public for our participant

View attachment 1113405View attachment 1113407
A fascinating scenario. Though non-lethal it would be interesting to play out the execution scenes, both with the humiliations and tortures. I love the idea of attracting insects with tossed fruit and honey. I assume the condemned naked. Not exactly sure if I would be on the cross or as a sadistic participant. All sorts of options here. Heep us posted.

Attachments

• Crucifixion serial 4.4.png
    Crucifixion serial 4.4.png
    832.3 KB · Views: 615
  • Crucifixion serial 4.6.jpg
    Crucifixion serial 4.6.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 569

View attachment 1113405View attachment 1113407
A question
What is the name of that comic?

Always worth watching

Attachments

• 6B5D78FF-605A-4680-9A2A-40B62D1D5AFB.png
    6B5D78FF-605A-4680-9A2A-40B62D1D5AFB.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 461
  • 21AD95CD-BD3C-473C-AB56-15DD7E3DC336.png
    21AD95CD-BD3C-473C-AB56-15DD7E3DC336.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 421
  • E102E270-BDFF-4315-84D1-42024BFEE36A.png
    E102E270-BDFF-4315-84D1-42024BFEE36A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 406
  • EC5FFADA-11D9-4986-9EC5-111019D4290A.png
    EC5FFADA-11D9-4986-9EC5-111019D4290A.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 395
  • 6F30445E-9F46-4CE0-B520-6223D5B19F72.png
    6F30445E-9F46-4CE0-B520-6223D5B19F72.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 385
  • E28101CF-E28A-40B3-B0A2-E22FC7603A62.png
    E28101CF-E28A-40B3-B0A2-E22FC7603A62.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 432

Attachments

• Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-1d2fde61.jpg
    Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-1d2fde61.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-9b89fbee.jpg
    Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-9b89fbee.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 414
  • Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-cd981e0b (1).jpg
    Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-cd981e0b (1).jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-d0bcb8dc.jpg
    Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-d0bcb8dc.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-d9d37b23.jpg
    Dafoe-last-temptation-of-christ-d9d37b23.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 392
  • bloody body.jpg
    bloody body.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 418
The Last Temptation was the first movie that really portrayed crucifixion as it was, but also stirred up a lot of controversy. Willem Dafoe was not the first choice for the role but another actor, Aidan Quinn. Either Quinn turned down the role or was later given to Dafoe, I can't seem to find the exact reason. However, I think Quinn would've looked much better on the cross than Dafoe.

Attachments

• LT w caps.jpg
    LT w caps.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 612
The Last Temptation was the first movie that really portrayed crucifixion as it was, but also stirred up a lot of controversy. Willem Dafoe was not the first choice for the role but another actor, Aidan Quinn. Either Quinn turned down the role or was later given to Dafoe, I can't seem to find the exact reason. However, I think Quinn would've looked much better on the cross than Dafoe.
By all accounts, Dafoe was quite the trooper for this. Also, it was made clear at the beginning that this was going to be quite an ordeal; perhaps Quinn didn't like the idea of so much full frontal nudity--especially on the character of Christ. I know that it was the sex with Magdalene that was made the issue by the Fundies, but I think they were also horrified to see Jesus naked. Remember that Gibson wouldn't risk it, and I doubt the makers of The Chosen will, either. We are a puritanical culture here, remember--much different than the Medieval or the European Renaissance.

Attachments

• Dafoe hanging.jpg
    Dafoe hanging.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 531
  • Dafoe hanging 2.jpg
    Dafoe hanging 2.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 488
  • Dafoe hanging 3.jpg
    Dafoe hanging 3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
By all accounts, Dafoe was quite the trooper for this. Also, it was made clear at the beginning that this was going to be quite an ordeal; perhaps Quinn didn't like the idea of so much full frontal nudity--especially on the character of Christ. I know that it was the sex with Magdalene that was made the issue by the Fundies, but I think they were also horrified to see Jesus naked. Remember that Gibson wouldn't risk it, and I doubt the makers of The Chosen will, either. We are a puritanical culture here, remember--much different than the Medieval or the European Renaissance.
Yes, from biblical point of view there are two points. It is said that Jesus aka GOD is man, so a nude male with genitals would be biblical, but he is also biblically defined as "free of sin", so it make sense that fundamental bible believers would more problems to accept a nude crucifixion but not a love relation with Maria Magdalena. This sound narrow-minded, but remember the Romans exactly tried to humiliate the condemned, while it is not necessary that you fell in love with every person you work with, so why should Jesus do that, well he might or might not.

If I would try to make a movie about the Life of Jesus I would also not consider any silly love story in it.

According to IMDB, Quinn was Paramount's choice for the role when that studio green lit the property in 1983. When the controversy blew up, Paramount drop it and Universal picked it up and Dafoe got the part.. So, it all might have been studio politics.
Had the film been made in 1983 (again, per IMDB), Quinn would have played Jesus, Sting would have played Pilate, Vanity would have played Mary Magdalene, and Ray Davies (from The Kinks) would have been Judas. I think we're lucky Paramount chickened out.

According to IMDB, Quinn was Paramount's choice for the role when that studio green lit the property in 1983. When the controversy blew up, Paramount drop it and Universal picked it up and Dafoe got the part.. So, it all might have been studio politics.
Had the film been made in 1983 (again, per IMDB), Quinn would have played Jesus, Sting would have played Pilate, Vanity would have played Mary Magdalene, and Ray Davies (from The Kinks) would have been Judas. I think we're lucky Paramount chickened out.
Thanks for the research. I agree it may have been studio politics but can't help wondering how the film would've turned out had Quinn played the part. I did not know that Vanity, Sting, and Ray Davies were the original picks from Paramount. Dafoe did a pretty good job in the film, but he said in an interview many years later that he was blacklisted in Hollywood for taking up the part.

Willem Dafoe is in my opinion to young for this role, 30 while Jesus should be 35. So we must look for actors born 1953. So there Pierce Brosnan comes into my mind, but since Jesus was said to be an ordinary man, he might be to beautiful and youngish looking. I like the idea of Tony Salahoub who is from Lebanon which would be great, Hulk Hogan the perfect choice was probably then not yet acting and I guess most would be happy with Pamela Sue Anderson also has the right age.

Willem Dafoe is in my opinion to young for this role, 30 while Jesus should be 35. So we must look for actors born 1953. So there Pierce Brosnan comes into my mind, but since Jesus was said to be an ordinary man, he might be to beautiful and youngish looking. I like the idea of Tony Salahoub who is from Lebanon which would be great, Hulk Hogan the perfect choice was probably then not yet acting and I guess most would be happy with Pamela Sue Anderson also has the right age.
Hmm, I never thought Tony S would be an ideal choice for the part but, ok. But, I'm not sure about your other choices though (Hulk Hogan and Pamela Anderson).

Attachments

• Tony S as Jesus1.jpg
    Tony S as Jesus1.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 379
Hulk Hogan gets other peoples support to

View attachment 1117982

and naturally Pam looks great nude....
Hmmm, I'm still not convinced that Hulk Hogan would be ideal for this role. I would need a religious conversion to support that idea. LOL.
But, Tony S would be more suited for the role since he's of Middle Eastern origin. Yet, this idea was already explored in the movie, Killing Jesus, played by Haaz Sleiman who's of Arab descent.

Attachments

• Hulk-Hogan-as-JC2.jpg
    Hulk-Hogan-as-JC2.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 399
  • KJ1.jpg
    KJ1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 451
Thanks for the research. I agree it may have been studio politics but can't help wondering how the film would've turned out had Quinn played the part. I did not know that Vanity, Sting, and Ray Davies were the original picks from Paramount. Dafoe did a pretty good job in the film, but he said in an interview many years later that he was blacklisted in Hollywood for taking up the part.
Anyone representing a fully human Christ to the American people of that era would have been blacklisted. I'm wondering what the makers of The Chosen are going to do with the crucifixion of their Jesus character; I seriously doubt they have the balls to put him up on the cross naked, abused and shamed. The fundamentalist types in this puritanical society care more about respectability than truth-telling. Their Manichean version of Christianity gags at the true Incarnational theology of orthodoxy.

I didn't know about this series, The Chosen, until you guys mentioned it. So, this is the new face of Jesus? Apparently, this actor (Jonathan Roumie) played the part before in Once We Were Slaves (aka The Two Thieves) 2014. Unless this is produced and directed by the same folks who made the Spartacus series, don't expect any nudity in the crucifixion scene.

Attachments

• JR2.jpg
    JR2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 396
  • JR.jpg
    JR.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 335
  • maxresdefault (3).jpg
    maxresdefault (3).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 328
  • 016bbd_9576559f46dc4cbe8df5a8e82b706739.jpg
    016bbd_9576559f46dc4cbe8df5a8e82b706739.jpg