Crucifixion Comic

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hi all!!!
I'm very happy to announce the release of a new story, 680 pages long at 4156 x 3796 px! Below you can find the 27th teaser picture! Expect to see more of these teaser pictures appearing soon!!!

0679P.jpg

The comic is available both in English and in German and can be found at:

www.crux-comics.eu

Thanks for checking it out,

Cheers,
Marius

Hi all!!!
I'm very happy to announce the release of a new story, 680 pages long at 4156 x 3796 px! Below you can find the 28th teaser picture! Expect to see more of these teaser pictures appearing soon!!!

0681.JPG

The comic is available both in English and in German and can be found at:

www.crux-comics.eu

Thanks for checking it out,

Cheers,
Marius

Hi all!
You might have noticed that my "little cosy comic store" has been offline for almost a full month... But... It's finally back ONLINE as of today :) Due to a major FUBAR at my current registrar, the whole thing went offline... That being sorted, I thought it a good occation to "celebrate" the re-appearance of my website with some Balck&White and reduced resolution untexted renders from my upcoming project (that will still need a lot of texting and a good title). I'm still not sure if I will use all 3000 renders I made for it... :) Hope you like the previews :)

Cheers,
Marius

RomanCruxScene001Cam05BW.jpgRomanCruxScene008Cam10BW.jpgRomanCruxScene019Cam06BW.jpgRomanCruxScene036Cam08BW.jpg

Hi all!
You might have noticed that my "little cosy comic store" has been offline for almost a full month... But... It's finally back ONLINE as of today :) Due to a major FUBAR at my current registrar, the whole thing went offline... That being sorted, I thought it a good occation to "celebrate" the re-appearance of my website with some Balck&White and reduced resolution untexted renders from my upcoming project (that will still need a lot of texting and a good title). I'm still not sure if I will use all 3000 renders I made for it... :) Hope you like the previews :)

Cheers,
Marius

View attachment 1056521View attachment 1056522View attachment 1056523View attachment 1056524
German Version? ;)

German Version? ;)
For sure :) Yet, I still have to do a lot of texting... Right now I'm still finalizing the storyboard, and then I can start texting the English version... Lots of work still to be done, but getting my site back online was the priority.

I opened , by the past, a thread where I put myself into some comics ( not necessary crucifixion ) ...

I opened , by the past, a thread where I put myself into some comics ( not necessary crucifixion ) ...

Eager to see you "shop" yourself into one of my renders :)

'Ello all :)
To get through the Monday blues, here are four more downsized and black&white renders of my upcoming project. Meanwhile I've come to the conclusion I will use all 3000 renders for this one :)
Cheers and happy viewing,
MZ

View attachment 1059818View attachment 1059819View attachment 1059820View attachment 1059821
I've got to say that these black and white renders look more realistic than the color ones. Not "real real", the figures still have an unnatural look, but they have a more 3 dimensional look, like a photo of diorama using plastic models rather than something created entirely in a computer.
Maybe it has something to do with the difficulty of reproducing a natural color gradation.

I've got to say that these black and white renders look more realistic than the color ones. Not "real real", the figures still have an unnatural look, but they have a more 3 dimensional look, like a photo of diorama using plastic models rather than something created entirely in a computer.
Maybe it has something to do with the difficulty of reproducing a natural color gradation.
totally agree.

totally agree.
Thanks for the feedback! I have been playing around with filters to remedy that... However, I'm not a fan of postwork... When the rendersoftware says it will produce "photoreal" results, I believe there should be no need for postwork anymore :) Besides, my workflow is way to time consuming as it is right now, without having to filter 3000 pics :) Yet I totally see what you mean. Below is one of the promo pics in full color, both in the original rendered version and with some filter magic applied. Looking forward to seeing which one you like most :) (and if one of the two looks more "real" the the other :) ) Personally, I just think the filtered one only looks "paler"... Not "better"...
Cheers,
Marius
RomanCruxScene053GCam06.jpgRomanCruxScene053GCam06Filter.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! I have been playing around with filters to remedy that... However, I'm not a fan of postwork... When the rendersoftware says it will produce "photoreal" results, I believe there should be no need for postwork anymore :) Besides, my workflow is way to time consuming as it is right now, without having to filter 3000 pics :) Yet I totally see what you mean. Below is one of the promo pics in full color, both in the original rendered version and with some filter magic applied. Looking forward to seeing which one you like most :) (and if one of the two looks more "real" the the other :) ) Personally, I just think the filtered one only looks "paler"... Not "better"...
Cheers,
Marius
View attachment 1061999View attachment 1062000
I agree that the filtered one just looks washed out.
I know that some artists use photoshop in their works, but I don't do this sort of thing so I don't know the technical details or how much extra work is involved.
Just keep doing what you're doing. I don't think anyone is going to complain.

For the lighter pic, enhance the saturation. this will take out the whitewashed feeling

Howdy, quick question: as you know most of my recent products are being published in both English and German. Yet I'm looking to run an experiment and also release my upcoming new story in French as a third option. Sadly my level of French is barely good enough to have a pretty basic conversation, yet not good enough to translate myself. (neither is my German by the way :) ) Would there be any people here perhaps willing to help me out and translate my story to French for me? Thanks a lot!!!
Cheers,
Marius

Hm - I'll invite you into the French convo group, even if your French isn't up to much, auto-translate from English or German works reasonably well now and there may be some admirer there who'd be willing to help :)

Hm - I'll invite you into the French convo group, even if your French isn't up to much, auto-translate from English or German works reasonably well now and there may be some admirer there who'd be willing to help :)
Thanks a lot!!!

Where are you MZ?
Where is the comic containing the renders you posted above, REGARDLESS of exposure?
What’s up with the website?
I’m a loyal customer who wants MORE….
Hope you’re well! Cheers!

Last edited:
Where are you MZ?
Where is the comic containing the renders you posted above, REGARDLESS of exposure?
What’s up with the website?
I’m a loyal customer who wants MORE….
Hope you’re well! Cheers!
Hi! Thanks for your kind words! I'm well thanks for asking! I hope you are doing well too. The comic is still in progress: French Translation at this point. I just checked the website is up and running, so that should be fine. Is it down for you? What do you mean by "regardless of exposure"?
Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Marius

Back
Top Bottom