Crucifixion in art performances.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Naturally we know about it in BDSM private session and as punishments. I asked myself if there are crucifixions in performances (I see on videos, fisting and pegging in galleries and different disgusting blood things) as art project. Passion plays I would not include except they pass borders. Naturally there is different ideas of to be blasphemous such as binosautzvy.jpg just putting red paint over a nude body, which isn't that impressive ormichaelMcCarthy.jpg Michael McCarthy who showed a painless erection before the cross. And someone was crucified on a VW chrisburdenvw.jpg (Chris Burden) which was considered a scandal. On the other hand there are artists like Ron Athey and Princess Sah which go in a sense much farther than just crucify.Athey-2-940x1410.jpg empressstah2.JPGempresssha1.jpg and would have no problems with it. So what do you found?

Interesting, dfg. What's the back story to the Michael McCarthy picture? Public erections are still pretty taboo.

There are a few crux performances out there, some clothed, some not. There's that (New Zealand?) artist who put himself on a St Andrew's cross years ago, but I've only seen very small pics of it. There are some others.
35(2).jpggout29.jpg

The most obvious and long running would be Hermann Nitsch
3F67653D00000578-4427498-image-a-9_1492658606858.jpgNITSCH.TRIPLEX.jpgHermannNitsch10.jpghermann-nitsch-150action_35319252496_o.jpg

Some may argue that wrestling is not really art, but sport since the outcome has been defined before the end, as in the other sport events and much money is involved, but you can say it is art because there is a lot of acting. Anyway Stone Cold Steve Austin was crucified here and look at the wrong dress code. Hey Steve: "Where is you dick?", would be interested what happened then in the prude America, when he would be nude on cross. Or if he was crucified with loincloth, would be there some struggles with church people?

Anyway look at the youtube movie. In my opinion "undertaker" made quite a show, also look his eyes... great!
Untitled-design-34-2.png

Some may argue that wrestling is not really art, but sport since the outcome has been defined before the end, as in the other sport events and much money is involved, but you can say it is art because there is a lot of acting. Anyway Stone Cold Steve Austin was crucified here and look at the wrong dress code. Hey Steve: "Where is you dick?", would be interested what happened then in the prude America, when he would be nude on cross. Or if he was crucified with loincloth, would be there some struggles with church people?

Anyway look at the youtube movie. In my opinion "undertaker" made quite a show, also look his eyes... great!
View attachment 992239
forgot the links.....

Back
Top Bottom