Crucifixion Is Horribly Violent – We Must Confront Its Reality Head On

Go to CruxDreams.com
I think it is salutary in your life to seek out your limits, may be you are exhausted but you know your capacities.
I that case you can protect your life against future damage.

Wat a happiness to regulate this!

A Roman execution did not ask for your wishes...
That it was cruel proves that the cross as catholic symbol came in later centuries.

Together crucified, in opposite to each other, could reinforce the feeling for humiliation.

For me this is an absolute severe point because purely hanging on the cross is reasonless, the nudity and humiliation are the sauce Chateaubriand for our most intimate (Messalineoide) game.
I do not ask another to understand this; I do what my mind desires...

Last edited:
You mean 'he (was) executed by (being run over by) his own car (by) his attacker'.
The circumstances remain a mystery, the young killer said P had asked to sodomise him with a stick and they quarrelled,
but years later retracted that and said it was a Mafia killing, he was threatened into being the fall guy.
There is a strange reminder of him by his friend (?) Alfred Hrdlicka who painted Pasolini on the cross, or sohrdlickapassolini.jpg

Back in the 60s and 70s crucifixion scenes were less violent. Not non-violent, but a slightly sanitised violence:

I remember watching the 1964 Gospel According to St Matthew by myself when I was quite young:

(Crucifixion at 02:06)

I watched the 1979 'Jesus' movie in the cinema with church friends, and let's say that the crucifixion scene, especially where they pull his robe off, influenced my fantasies.

It didn't take me long to imagine a woman in those scenes. :rolleyes:
I wonder whether it's possible to remove the ropes around the upper arms, is it possible that the victims hang by their bones only?

I wonder whether it's possible to remove the ropes around the upper arms, is it possible that the victims hang by their bones only?
Probably not in the movie if you want the actor to be able to be up there for the whole scene and say the required lines intelligibly. These movies are not made for the crux cognoscenti, after all, but for the religious faithful, and they want Jesus to inspire them, not just look good. ;)

I think they only used ropes to immobilize the victim for nailing and then take them off. Especially if there weren't enough hangmen to keep them. It is a contradiction to waste ropes and nails. Either one or the other ...
Yes, it is very interesting to watch the reaction of a victim hanging only by nails. How will he react first when the ropes around his arms will be removed?

First he will start screaming
Ok.

Try taking a really deep breath and holding it (or, more to the point, hang by your hands--feet off the floor--from a bar or whatever). Now try to scream (without letting out any air if you're not actually hanging). It's impossible to make much of any sound without air passing over your larynx.

Crucified people, when not pushing up from their feet/legs or pulling up their bodies by their arms (if they're quiet strong), can't scream.

:scream:

Ok.

Try taking a really deep breath and holding it (or, more to the point, hang by your hands--feet off the floor--from a bar or whatever). Now try to scream (without letting out any air if you're not actually hanging). It's impossible to make much of any sound without air passing over your larynx.

Crucified people, when not pushing up from their feet/legs or pulling up their bodies by their arms (if they're quiet strong), can't scream.

:scream:
That's correct. They will always push up from their nailed feet, the pain becomes unbearable, they move downwards with a scream, they will also try to use their arm muscles and will pull up when the pain in the feet is too intense, but soon the pain in the wrists is even more unbearable and they scream again.

I think, that crucifiction was done normaly by the ropes, if the executioner want to extend time of suffering. In the same moment the nails was used to avoid possibility of the victim to run away. Because after a while on the cross ropes will becoming slack, hands, legs, body becoming sweat and strong person can get free.
But anyhow we never know this for sure, until see how the person diying on the cross.

I think, that crucifiction was done normaly by the ropes, if the executioner want to extend time of suffering. In the same moment the nails was used to avoid possibility of the victim to run away. Because after a while on the cross ropes will becoming slack, hands, legs, body becoming sweat and strong person can get free.
But anyhow we never know this for sure, until see how the person diying on the cross.
It is also evident that to bring tree nails for a crucified is easier than to bring ropes ... ;)
More, nails can be used many times while ropes are quickly out of order : they are spoiled by the sun, the rain and so on ...

Back
Top Bottom