Crucifixion;other Position On The Cross

Go to CruxDreams.com
View attachment 187162

...do not pick on Ma Bell... Tree retired very young because of her and he wasn't even a union worker until he started the Master Crucifixion Technicians Union (Local One, St. Louis, Missouri)...

Tree

vintage_nude_pinup_bedroom_telephone_operator.JPG Hello??? ... Is that you Tree? .... Is there anyway I can make it up to you?

I'm more and more annoyed that we couldn't have serious discussions about crucifixion in this forum without that it degenerates in personal jokes , until that this one or the other one has" the last word" ...

In my own threads (Anjou'Calvaries for example), I could be better enjoyed if my pics would instigate more intimate reflexions from the viewers than only a "like" : it's easy to put a "like" and to go out to another attractive pic ...

But I know that I preach into the desert !:( messa_daze_100.jpg

greatly said and what a picture its a pity i couldnt be out like the scene on the stake :)
I'm more and more annoyed that we couldn't have serious discussions about crucifixion in this forum without that it degenerates in personal jokes , until that this one or the other one has" the last word" ...

In my own threads (Anjou'Calvaries for example), I could be better enjoyed if my pics would instigate more intimate reflexions from the viewers than only a "like" : it's easy to put a "like" and to go out to another attractive pic ...

But I know that I preach into the desert !:( View attachment 187192

A nice image Messa and Pp can see some frustration as well as suffering in the woman's face. He hopes that the reason she was condemned was not because she preached.

Mess is excellent and I learn from her.

I never was her or others opponent and what I have written is more a completion in humble words. I like study and I can keep silent and listen. It is my and others purpose together to reach a higher lever in knowledge of our psyche. That gives a warm happiness and distinctly an acceptance of our lifestyle.

Last edited:

all the same, I do 'like' ;).
I do understand what you're saying Messaline, and I don't think you're alone -
not 'annoyed' in my case, we're a friendly, cheerful bunch and I don't want to spoil anybody's fun,
but the same sort of banter doesn't really need to spread over so many threads,
otherwise they all end up the same way.
I think we could have rather more serious and sensitive discussion on some threads,
and keep others for the knockabout wit and repartee.​

Well, back on topic. In response to OP, I think there is a great deal of variety in the "traditional" pose. For instance:

How many nails?

Is there a cornu? How is it shaped?

How wide are the arms apart? Are they nailed? Where are they nailed?

How are the feet nailed; to the side, against the stipes, or on a foot-rest? Are they even nailed? How high were they nailed in relation to the patabulum?

Were they whipped? Do they have a loincloth?

While I do agree with you that diversity is needed in illustration and too often the victim is displayed just standing with their arms out, I don't necessarily think we have to abandon the crux capita.

Mess is excellent and I learn from her.

I never was her or others opponent and what I have written is more a completion in humble words. I like study and I can keep silent and listen. It is my and others purpose together to reach a higher lever in knowledge of our psyche. That gives a warm happiness and distinctly an acceptance of our lifestyle.

Indeed! I'm not a "professor", only somebody who tries to innovate concerning kinds of crucifixions ...
... and sometimes I can deplore that the artists have not a great imagination to arouse us ...:D:rolleyes:

:clapping:thanks to madiosi for his so much original pic !:)

all the same, I do 'like' ;).
I do understand what you're saying Messaline, and I don't think you're alone -
not 'annoyed' in my case, we're a friendly, cheerful bunch and I don't want to spoil anybody's fun,
but the same sort of banter doesn't really need to spread over so many threads,
otherwise they all end up the same way.
I think we could have rather more serious and sensitive discussion on some threads,
and keep others for the knockabout wit and repartee.​

I totally agree ! And I'm not the last one wanting to joke in the threads where it's usual ... :D and not damageable for the one who started it ...

About mp5 :Though that all these questions were already put in many other threads, they're interesting , but we can expand the topic in searching some new positions : then, I'm sure that roman soldiers , sometimes, didn't crucify their victims as usual, but, for their amusement, they could put them in strange positions (head down, by example , or only to a tree without patibulum...)

About mp5 :Though that all these questions were already put in many other threads, they're interesting , but we can expand the topic in searching some new positions : then, I'm sure that roman soldiers , sometimes, didn't crucify their victims as usual, but, for their amusement, they could put them in strange positions (head down, by example , or only to a tree without patibulum...)

or perhaps to a single post with wrists nailed above their heads, or to a framework bearing the crucified bodies of many, even on multiple levels (both have appeared on other threads)

I wanted to apologise for my intervention #23 : I was speaking in general, not stigmatising someone !
Perhaps that, sometimes, I'm a little too much direct in my posts, but I'm not a Mod and I could let myself to say the things like I feel them and do not control my words ...

So, if someone has been bruised by my words, I'll try in the future to do not be so much "straight" !

Messaline ..... :confused:

or perhaps to a single post with wrists nailed above their heads, or to a framework bearing the crucified bodies of many, even on multiple levels (both have appeared on other threads)
Or we could crucify them without the stipes at all! Just suspend the patabulum from a rope attached to something tall and sturdy, like the gallows, and nail the feet to a short piece of wood! Now, every off balance squirm turns the victim into a painful pendulum as they are dragged by their wrists in shallow circles!

Or we could crucify them without the stipes at all! Just suspend the patabulum from a rope attached to something tall and sturdy, like the gallows, and nail the feet to a short piece of wood! Now, every off balance squirm turns the victim into a painful pendulum as they are dragged by their wrists in shallow circles!

Now that is deliciously innovative....I do like it!!! :rolleyes::p:D

Once could write a wonderful story around that scenario!

Now that is deliciously innovative....I do like it!!! :rolleyes::p:D

Once could write a wonderful story around that scenario!
I would be hard not to make it goofy.

...Her bizarre crux stopped spinning her in circles with a vicious lurch. Maren hoped that this was the end of the cycle - that she had finally gotten balanced. But as she swung upward from her wide hips, she fell to one side and all of her careful balancing was eradicated. Now she was spinning counterclockwise. The rope above her was winding up into knots storing all of her angular momentum. Soon she would be spun around clockwise at tremendous speed. But only if she didn't anchor her footrest into more solidly into the bloody sand she had swept into figure eights. Using all of her worn core muscles she brought up the heavy piece of lumber, and brought it down onto the sand below her, ignoring the intense pain from the spikes going through her feet...

Back
Top Bottom