Crucifixion With Whip Marks And Bruise Or Not (poll)

Do you prefer a crucifixion scene with the condemned (victim?) to be whipped and bruised or not?

• Keep the body intact (except fot the nailing)

Votes: 52 20.7%
  • The body can have whip marks and bruise

Votes: 199 79.3%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
I like both up to a point. I don't really like a victim that is whipped and beaten up so much that her beauty is destroyed; as realistic as that might be, it's not a turn on for me. For others it's no doubt different, just my own feelings on the subject.

I voted 'have' but the whole story is relevant.

An inconsequential slave-girl crucified for theft is likely to have been beaten by her Master during during capture and rape, so will be bruised, but probably crucified without much ceremony, so no organised whipping.

However a high-born lady, crucified as a result of a political intrigue, will be processed though the whole ritual, only bruised if she resists the handling, but with a significant scourging to make a political point.

To my opinion, crucifixion is intended as a judicial execution or punishment, not as a “beauty contest”:confused:. The condemned wears whipping marks and bruises from interrogation, torture or disciplinary measures inflicted in prison, or dirt and wounds from resisting the execution, etc… On the other hand, I do not prefer harsh whipping, let scourging, as a prelude of crucifixion, resulting into a half-dead, disfigured condemned being nailed. Obviously, if the judge has decided to add a whipping to his verdict as a prelude to crucifixion, then it should be carried out. But perhaps not necessarily at the same place or at the same day as the crucifixion.

Marks are a must :cool:

like her ( at least)

006.jpg

Whipping before crucifixion is necessary... But not hard, not brutal...
It's like a ritual...
I do not want to pay attention to the aspects of the real crucifixion... Like in "Passion of the Christ" for example... Blood, gore... No, no, no...

I want to see exciting mix... Beautiful woman nailed to the crux, whipped, tortured may be... But not hard, without gore and other things that kill any aesthetic sense...

I don't mind welts on the back, but I dislike when the whole body is just blood and ribbons of flesh as a result of the whipping. I think a person stretched out on a cross is incredibly beautiful and I LOVE the nails that hold them to the wood, but I really think all the (non-nail) blood stuff detracts from the amazing beauty of crucifixion. Maybe I'm just weird

My first poll:cool:
Whip marks, bruises, scrapes and so on, they all add to the realism of the scene. The images without such enhancements are still erotic but in a surreal way, not a real way. Add perspiration, sunburn, drool, etc.

I really appreciate the pubic hair. Again, adds to the realism. Doesn't have to be a full bush, but should look like natural growth or regrowth. However, it depends on the setting. A woman tried and condemned over a very short period of time (a day or two) by, say, a summary court, might have a meticulously trimmed patch.

I think whipmarks are best when they are subtle, to make it clear that this is a torturous affair, but obvious that the cross is the most painful part of it. IMHO, I feel like showing a woman who has been totally shredded by flagellation hanging on the cross or no, that is her torture, and she can barely feel anything else, and it's just a touch too brutal visually. But with (somewhat) neat whipping, it just enhances the perceived pain of the crux.

I think whipmarks are best when they are subtle, to make it clear that this is a torturous affair, but obvious that the cross is the most painful part of it. IMHO, I feel like showing a woman who has been totally shredded by flagellation hanging on the cross or no, that is her torture, and she can barely feel anything else, and it's just a touch too brutal visually. But with (somewhat) neat whipping, it just enhances the perceived pain of the crux.

Agreed. Crucifixion should not just be the final act to finish off or display a victim who has been shredded by flagellation -- even though that may have been historically accurate. The whipping accentuates the pain and shows the defenselessness and humiliation of the victim.

In crux fantasy, the whip marks across the breasts and ass of a naked woman -- as well as the back and legs -- drive this point home and add to the cruel eroticism of the scene.

I like both up to a point. I don't really like a victim that is whipped and beaten up so much that her beauty is destroyed; as realistic as that might be, it's not a turn on for me. For others it's no doubt different, just my own feelings on the subject.

exactly!!! I agree with everything Jedakk said here.

Whip marks, bruises, scrapes and so on, they all add to the realism of the scene. The images without such enhancements are still erotic but in a surreal way, not a real way. Add perspiration, sunburn, drool, etc.

I really appreciate the pubic hair. Again, adds to the realism. Doesn't have to be a full bush, but should look like natural growth or regrowth. However, it depends on the setting. A woman tried and condemned over a very short period of time (a day or two) by, say, a summary court, might have a meticulously trimmed patch.

Interesting comment..let's not forget the perspiration, sunburn, drool, etc. ... and to be realistic what about pubic hair?:rolleyes:

Yes, mp5stab has the word .... subtle but not overdone ... just the right effect, right?;)

Whipping before crucifixion is necessary... But not hard, not brutal...
It's like a ritual...
I do not want to pay attention to the aspects of the real crucifixion... Like in "Passion of the Christ" for example... Blood, gore... No, no, no...

I want to see exciting mix... Beautiful woman nailed to the crux, whipped, tortured may be... But not hard, without gore and other things that kill any aesthetic sense...

yes, preserve that aesthetic sense :p:D

Agreed! Roughed up, abused, bruised, whipped, nailed, etc., but her beauty must shine through whatever is done to her. As a female, she must be displayed in a way that preserves and displays her innate beauty -- that's the crux fantasy done best.

Interesting comment..let's not forget the perspiration, sunburn, drool, etc. ... and to be realistic what about pubic hair?:rolleyes:

I've always been in favor of pubic hair in crux depictions. Adds the realism and the eroticism for me, and, I'm sure, many others on this site.

Ah, the never-ending debate between shaved and non-shaved!:D

Yes, mp5stab has the word .... subtle but not overdone ... just the right effect, right?;)

yes, preserve that aesthetic sense :p:D

I'm pretty broad-minded when it comes to guys imagining how I'd look on a cross -
artists here who've honoured me with portrayals have been very restrained and
gentlemanly, giving me no more than a light criss-crossing of whipmarks,
no doubt preferring to preserve my feminine appeal - sweet of them! ;) :)

But I can cope with quite a lot of whip-weals, and lots of other hints
of the torture and ill-treatment I've suffered - bruises, burns, scars, filth, etc.
my youthful fantasies were fed by Grünewald -

magrunewald-.jpg

Whipped during interrogation, in preparation, on the way to the cross, whipped on the cross - yes, but as others have said, not all too harsh, don't rob us all (including me!) of the experience of the crux!
And well, please, one should recognize who I am when I'm raised on the cross.
It is the torment of the cross that should unself me from the inside out, instead of just ripping away my flesh with some barbed scourge.
Also the whip is a good way to direct the dance on the cross.
I'm getting tired? I think I've finally found a position that hurts a little less and I can stay there for a few breaths? Crack! Waaah! (works very well in a softer context too)

Like most comments, I like the whipping but not so brutal that it destroys the beauty of the body. And continuing the whipping , or burning, after the crucifixion is carried out would keep the victim active and moving. I can see the wealthy observers bribing the Romans to whip or burn the crucified to keep it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom