Crux foundation down?

Go to CruxDreams.com
It's been down for a day or two..

Still no response.
Also, I'm sure it's totally unrelated, but this site has had intermittent slowness issues for me all night.

Won't load up at all for me either. And agreeing with Naraku I've had strangely slow reactions uploading some pics tonight, and some hesitation from the "Like" button.

Crux Foundation is likely to remain down until 9am Pacific Daylight Savings Time tomorrow, you might notice that is not my time zone, which has made co-ordinating a phone call with the company that runs the servers a bit trickier than it ought to be. Will try and sort things out then. Sorry it won't be sooner but things did not work out as planned today.

Last edited:
Crux Foundation is likely to remain down until 9am Pacific Daylight Savings Time tomorrow, you might notice that is not my time zone, which has made co-ordinating a phone call with the company that runs the servers a bit trickier than it ought to be. Will try and sort things out then. Sorry it won't be sooner but things did not work out as planned today.
Thanks, RR.

yes i have same problem[i have recently gained entry to crux foundation and utilized PD is at it again] and since last friday the site has been unavailabe.Do you think I am to blame,if so does this warrent a court appearance and possible Roman style sentence .
I have guilt feelings that need to be thawted .

yes i have same problem[i have recently gained entry to crux foundation and utilized PD is at it again] and since last friday the site has been unavailabe.Do you think I am to blame,if so does this warrent a court appearance and possible Roman style sentence .
I have guilt feelings that need to be thawted .

Well it seems to be up now but I am always sure you can contribute an account of your experience in court and possible sentence. I expect it would be read with interest.

The Future of Crux Foundation​

Master of Nails aka MoN, the owner/operator of Crux Foundation has posted the following on his site and I am reposting it here for people who are dual members but may not visit the "other CF" very often:

"So, I've been putting off writing this for way too long, for various reasons. But it needs to be addressed.

I need help deciding on the future of this site.

There are three things that need addressing.

First, and most urgently, cost. For the past five years we had a sponsor who was paying the costs of renting the server we're on. I am super grateful to this sponsor, who wishes to remain anonymous. We now (rather urgently, due to me being too busy) need a new sponsor.

We need something on the order of 20-50 US$ per month, depending on other choices listed below. For this we need someone willing to put in their name and credit card info with our host company (a 100% reputable and non-adult oriented server hosting company).

Second, we need new software. As many of you probably also feel, I am sick and tired of vBulletin. It's a pain to use, it's not updated anymore (at least not vb4), it's expensive, and it sucks. I haven't had much time to look at alternatives, but Discourse might be something that fixes most of the problems. And it looks like there are tested ways of migrating all the forum data into that. So at some point I need to figure out whether we can run that on the server we have. Depending on how that goes, we might have lower or higher monthly costs.

And third, most painfully: Is it still worth it? I still have my crucifixion fetish as I'm sure many of you also do. But after 15 years (wow, 15 years!) I've kinda burnt out on running this. I don't need to get out of it completely, but I currently can't answer this question: Is it still worth putting in the effort when cruxforums.com exists and is by any measure the larger and more active site by now?

So. Any thoughts?

MoN"

I have suggested that he may want to take on some moderators to help with the work load and expressed my support for keeping the Foundation alive. I know many of us found refuge there and were able to keep in touch when the Forum had its big crash a few years ago. And, he is right, vBulletin is outdated.

If you wish to provide input, you can go here:

Moderators: I told MoN that if he did not want me sharing his post, he should contact one of you to remove it. By all means, please do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Master of Nails aka MoN, the owner/operator of Crux Foundation has posted the following on his site and I am reposting it here for people who are dual members but may not visit the "other CF" very often:

"So, I've been putting off writing this for way too long, for various reasons. But it needs to be addressed.

I need help deciding on the future of this site.

There are three things that need addressing.

First, and most urgently, cost. For the past five years we had a sponsor who was paying the costs of renting the server we're on. I am super grateful to this sponsor, who wishes to remain anonymous. We now (rather urgently, due to me being too busy) need a new sponsor.

We need something on the order of 20-50 US$ per month, depending on other choices listed below. For this we need someone willing to put in their name and credit card info with our host company (a 100% reputable and non-adult oriented server hosting company).

Second, we need new software. As many of you probably also feel, I am sick and tired of vBulletin. It's a pain to use, it's not updated anymore (at least not vb4), it's expensive, and it sucks. I haven't had much time to look at alternatives, but Discourse might be something that fixes most of the problems. And it looks like there are tested ways of migrating all the forum data into that. So at some point I need to figure out whether we can run that on the server we have. Depending on how that goes, we might have lower or higher monthly costs.

And third, most painfully: Is it still worth it? I still have my crucifixion fetish as I'm sure many of you also do. But after 15 years (wow, 15 years!) I've kinda burnt out on running this. I don't need to get out of it completely, but I currently can't answer this question: Is it still worth putting in the effort when cruxforums.com exists and is by any measure the larger and more active site by now?

So. Any thoughts?

MoN"

I have suggested that he may want to take on some moderators to help with the work load and expressed my support for keeping the Foundation alive. I know many of us found refuge there and were able to keep in touch when the Forum had its big crash a few years ago. And, he is right, vBulletin is outdated.

If you wish to provide input, you can go here:

Moderators: I told MoN that if he did not want me sharing his post, he should contact one of you to remove it. By all means, please do so.
Unfortunately, the cruxfoundation haven't a lurker-mode.

Having visited both sites,i do agree that this forum is by far,the more active,diverse,and easier to access.
I've been a busier contributor,here,rather than,over there.
It's a useful back-up,(C F'n) but nothing more.

Curious to know, what is crux foundation like next to crux forums? Trying to find any sort of anime style drawn nail crux arts lately and pixiv is the main goto place at the moment. Seems Crux foundation might have more stuff in their archives but the minimum age requirements between these two sites is a 3 year difference. A bit of a let down for me honestly.

Back
Top Bottom