Crux-mas Gifts!

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hello all! Long time, no crux. Summer was good with a ton of hiking along sand dunes and massive creek-beds.

But I intend to get back into action in a serious way. I just daydream devised a crux-mas gift. My sweetheart and I are renting a cabin for New Year's. We've been enjoying watching some crux material during foreplay and I want to take the next step. So I was wondering how we could indulge while vacationing.

A portable patibulum!

I will craft a patibulum that we can stow away on the trunk of our car and travel with somewhat inconspicuously. I was hoping some of you could help me figure this out.

If we use 2"x6" lumber, I could take my arm-span and add a little, roughly 7' and then divide that by two, cut the board into two 3.5' sections. Then I was thinking I could use a butt hinge, so the thing could collapse. When opened and the crucified is affixed to the beam with the bolt of the hinge facing forward (on the back of the person,) that would make it so that any forward movement from the beam would only secure it open. Any backward movement could cause the hinge to collapse, which would make it fun to experiment with more of a stretch for whichever one of us is crucified at the time.

The other option, which would mechanically work the same way, would be the thicker 4"x4" lumber. That might be safer, because I would have a few inches to drill in the hinge screws instead of only one in the broader 2"x6" board.

Any comments or suggestions? Wood types? Ideas about the design and implementation?

Last edited:
Thanks Tree.

...my mistake. I was sleepy when I first posted this. The bolt of the hinge would have to wind up facing behind the beam, so that it doesn't collapse when weight is applied forward, or in the direction of the person hanging from it.

Back
Top Bottom