CruxDream girls

Go to CruxDreams.com
And the first is Vika's dream..
Vika's dream.jpg's dream.jpg
A dramatic scene with a sinister atmosphere. The hooded horseman on his red-eyed steed appears to be a supernatural figure, offering no prospect of rescue.
The reflection at the foot of the cross is neatly applied, indicating damp conditions beneath the stormy sky. Nice work, Melissa! :)

Meanwhile, Cruxdreams model, Julia Bondareva, admires her 'Portrait d'une Crucifiee' in the studio of Dante Phlebas Rossetti.
The painting is derived from a Makar sepiatone photograph which has been colourised for this manipulation.

The Studio at Cruxton Abbey detail 1.jpg The Studio at Cruxton Abbey.jpg

A dramatic scene with a sinister atmosphere. The hooded horseman on his red-eyed steed appears to be a supernatural figure, offering no prospect of rescue.
The reflection at the foot of the cross is neatly applied, indicating damp conditions beneath the stormy sky. Nice work, Melissa! :)

Meanwhile, Cruxdreams model, Julia Bondareva, admires her 'Portrait d'une Crucifiee' in the studio of Dante Phlebas Rossetti.
The painting is derived from a Makar sepiatone photograph which has been colourised for this manipulation.

Brilliant manips. I really do like close ups with lots of detail, especially the hair. Is that the burn and dodge technique? So was Julia Bondareva known as Vika? I don't remember. I also notice I started the same thread twice!!

Brilliant manips. I really do like close ups with lots of detail, especially the hair. Is that the burn and dodge technique? So was Julia Bondareva known as Vika? I don't remember. I also notice I started the same thread twice!!
Thanks, Melissa - you are correct in identifying the masking technique which reveals the fine detail in the hair. The dodge and burn tools are used to increase the relative contrast to create the mask in a monochrome channel. ;)

The Cruxdreams session by Vika and Sveta was recorded on 27 August 2005. Julia Bondareva is a different model. She performed with Oxana in the Cruxdreams video, 'Virgin Crucifix' on 8 June 2008, although the video was not released until two years later. This was Ms. Bondareva's only crux session, and she is not to be confused with a number of other Cruxdreams models who also used variations of Julia, Yulia and Ulia. I have posted further information about her in the threads, 'Former Crux Models' and 'Fun with a Gun' -

This one I think was called Glamour Girl because I couldn't remember her name....still can't.
View attachment 1084964
It's either Julia or Alexandra. (They both appeared in Makar's "Glamour Crucifixion" video, my favorite of all Makar's work!) The "Model's short list" on CruxDreams.com lists her as the former, but I think she may be the latter.
Either way, she's gorgeous, and the closest thing IMHO to a perfect crux model. (See my avatar.)

It's either Julia or Alexandra. (They both appeared in Makar's "Glamour Crucifixion" video, my favorite of all Makar's work!) The "Model's short list" on CruxDreams.com lists her as the former, but I think she may be the latter.
Either way, she's gorgeous, and the closest thing IMHO to a perfect crux model. (See my avatar.)
The perfect crux model? I thought that was Alice.

I don’t remember this bit in Little Red Riding Hood :p
Just out of interest and the fact that it's b****y cold and wet outside I looked up the original version of Little Red Riding Hood......It would never get past our moderators!!!

Like most of our modern fairy tales, Little Red Riding Hood has been recreated to be an appropriate bedtime story for our youth. But the original story is far more grim than you would have imagined, which is no surprise when you look at the other original stories in Charles Perrault’s Mother Goose Tales. Some sources say that Perrault was not the author, but rather the first to write the oral legend down. Others say the story could be a result of the “werewolf trials” taking place at the time of its origin. Of course, the story has been altered a number of times to fit the manuscript of the ages. Each culture has its own tale of the Little Red Riding Hood, and the most optimistic versions involve a young naive girl who can’t tell the difference in her own grandmother and a wolf in a night bonnet. In these versions, the little girl always escapes in the end, but this isn’t quite how the story goes.

In the original, much more gruesome versions of the story, the wolf is quite horrid. He arrives early at the scene, slaughters grandma, and prepares her body to wait for the little girl in the red hood. He dices her flesh and sets it upon a silver platter. He drains her blood into a wine bottle, placing both the “wine” and the meat into the cupboard. Once the young girl arrives, he orders her to strip, throw her clothes (apron, stockings, petticoat and all) into the fire, and climb into bed with him. At this point, she notices something isn’t quite right with Grandma, but she is apparently none the wiser because she carries on conversation with the wolf while he enjoys Grandma’s bread and milk.

Eventually Little Red Riding Hood is hungry, to which the wolf commands that she feed herself the meat and wine from the cupboard. Little does she know that she is dining on the own flesh and blood of her unfortunate grandmother. The girl doesn’t complain, though, and in some versions even remarks that it is a marvelous feast.

In most versions of the story, Little Red Riding Hood never discovers the wolf’s true identity, and eventually is gobbled up alongside her grandmothers remains. However, one version does end in the little girl outsmarting the wolf. She tells the wolf she must go poop, and needs to relieve herself in the woods. The wolf ties a string to her so she cannot escape, but she slips it over a branch and carries on her way.

As you can see, there are many reasons that the story has been changed so many times. What a fright it must have been for 17th century kids to hear the tales cannibalism and an imposter wolf that gobbles up children.

Just out of interest and the fact that it's b****y cold and wet outside I looked up the original version of Little Red Riding Hood......It would never get past our moderators!!!

Like most of our modern fairy tales, Little Red Riding Hood has been recreated to be an appropriate bedtime story for our youth. But the original story is far more grim than you would have imagined, which is no surprise when you look at the other original stories in Charles Perrault’s Mother Goose Tales. Some sources say that Perrault was not the author, but rather the first to write the oral legend down. Others say the story could be a result of the “werewolf trials” taking place at the time of its origin. Of course, the story has been altered a number of times to fit the manuscript of the ages. Each culture has its own tale of the Little Red Riding Hood, and the most optimistic versions involve a young naive girl who can’t tell the difference in her own grandmother and a wolf in a night bonnet. In these versions, the little girl always escapes in the end, but this isn’t quite how the story goes.

In the original, much more gruesome versions of the story, the wolf is quite horrid. He arrives early at the scene, slaughters grandma, and prepares her body to wait for the little girl in the red hood. He dices her flesh and sets it upon a silver platter. He drains her blood into a wine bottle, placing both the “wine” and the meat into the cupboard. Once the young girl arrives, he orders her to strip, throw her clothes (apron, stockings, petticoat and all) into the fire, and climb into bed with him. At this point, she notices something isn’t quite right with Grandma, but she is apparently none the wiser because she carries on conversation with the wolf while he enjoys Grandma’s bread and milk.

Eventually Little Red Riding Hood is hungry, to which the wolf commands that she feed herself the meat and wine from the cupboard. Little does she know that she is dining on the own flesh and blood of her unfortunate grandmother. The girl doesn’t complain, though, and in some versions even remarks that it is a marvelous feast.

In most versions of the story, Little Red Riding Hood never discovers the wolf’s true identity, and eventually is gobbled up alongside her grandmothers remains. However, one version does end in the little girl outsmarting the wolf. She tells the wolf she must go poop, and needs to relieve herself in the woods. The wolf ties a string to her so she cannot escape, but she slips it over a branch and carries on her way.

As you can see, there are many reasons that the story has been changed so many times. What a fright it must have been for 17th century kids to hear the tales cannibalism and an imposter wolf that gobbles up children.
Fascinating! I vaguely remember Angela Carter’s disturbing version of the tale..I demand a cruxforums edition with illustrations by you! :p Or failing that, a Yorkshire edition by @old slave called Little West Riding ‘Ood

This one I think was called Glamour Girl because I couldn't remember her name....still can't.
Glamour girl.jpg
She is Julia - not to be confused with the other Cruxdreams models of the same name.
I like the way you have blended the figure from an indoor session with Makar's cross from the outdoor sessions.
The riding hood figure brings a sinister element to the forest - nice work, Melissa!

Alexandra is the name of the dark-haired model from 'Glamour Crucifix'.
Here is my recent Arcimboldo emulation, showing Alexandra (on the right) sitting beside another attractive model.
They did not appear together in reality, but nevertheless, we can dream - and they are both Cruxdreams girls. :)

Arcimboldo Emulation 1 Rob MacDoil 2021.jpg

This one was called Alice and Koshka's dream. It looks like a blood moon and the mysterious red figure has shown up again.
Alice and Koshka's dream..jpg's dream..jpg
Cruxdreams productions generally have artistic titles, rather than descriptive ones, so 'Alice and Koshka in the Crux Forest' is probably unique in being named for the participants. In the video, they appear together in the pre-crux and carrying scenes, but take individual turns on the cross.

Very few manipulations show both girls together, but yours combines fantasy with authenticity - because these were precisely the two models who appeared together in the original production. The composition is well balanced, and the nocturnal scene is illuminated by the full moon in a manner which is evocative of a dreamlike vision. :)

Back
Top Bottom