Cruxton Abbey

Go to CruxDreams.com
Some of the maids (and the guests) would disappear for hours before emerging from secluded parts of the grounds, usually in a rather dishevelled state... ;)

the_wild_flower_meadow_at_cruxton_abbey_1_by_bobnearled_ddoyfvl-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Wild-Flower-Meadow-at-Cruxton-Abbey-1-827977953 )

Another exercise in layer masking, this time incorporating additional experiments in filtered, colour blending techniques. The full size image opens in hi-res via the thumbnail below -

The Wild Flower Meadow at Cruxton Abbey 1.jpg

Some of the maids (and the guests) would disappear for hours before emerging from secluded parts of the grounds, usually in a rather dishevelled state...
Well, there really wasn't anything good on television, and there was also nothing on Alice. The two facts sort of came together, so to speak. :rolleyes: :very_hot::devil:

That's beautiful work, Bob! For my next manip, I will have to try the masking approach. The results are so much better than simply using the eraser tool to create a cutout of the model. :beer::clapping:

Some of the maids (and the guests) would disappear for hours
Some of the artists disappear for hours working on exquisite images like this! :clapping:

Some of the artists disappear for hours working on exquisite images like this! :clapping:
Ain't that the truth, especially when Professor Bobinder starts in with his master classes on using masking and colour blending. I only hope I don't fail the end of term exams. :facepalm: :rolleyes::D

I was not sure that this was technically a Cruxton Abbey picture, since it's a manip of a painting, and not a typical Abbey scene. Sort of a fantasy of a fantasy really, in that sense. Perhaps it's an artist's conception of what might happen. It started as an idea from a painting by Sargent: "The Wyndham Sisters".
WyndhamSisters.jpg
The three sisters were colourful characters in English high society in the late 19th and early 20th century. One was apparently happily married, but the other two sisters were famous for their sexual affairs - one was having an affair with the Prime Minister of the day, and the other was the mistress of the Foreign Secretary who took England into the First World War. I thought it would be interesting to reconceptualize the painting a bit.

"The Cruxton Sisters".
WyndhamSisters01e1a.jpg
Make of it what you will, it seems to portray the Ladies Kathy, Barb and Katya relaxing after dealing with a "suitor" who didn't measure up (in some way :rolleyes:). Rumour has it there was a stable hand who wanted to play above his station, and was never heard from again. Historians have questioned whether this event actually ever took place, given the difficulties associated with cleaning blood out of the upholstery, and crucifixions at Cruxton were normally done outdoors. The artist, did portray the ladies as having removed their own clothing, possibly to show how clever they were to keep their dresses clean of bloodstains, but more likely because he liked painting naked ladies. Who knows what is true though, since it is documented that, when she spilled red wine on the carpet in one of the drawing rooms, Lady Barb was said to be dismissive and commented on how Lord Wragg would hardly be distressed, since the "rug" was from Persia (not even from the Empire of the day) and was "pretty old and in need of replacement."

Ain't that the truth, especially when Professor Bobinder starts in with his master classes on using masking and colour blending. I only hope I don't fail the end of term exams. :facepalm: :rolleyes::D

I was not sure that this was technically a Cruxton Abbey picture, since it's a manip of a painting, and not a typical Abbey scene. Sort of a fantasy of a fantasy really, in that sense. Perhaps it's an artist's conception of what might happen. It started as an idea from a painting by Sargent: "The Wyndham Sisters".
View attachment 811264
The three sisters were colourful characters in English high society in the late 19th and early 20th century. One was apparently happily married, but the other two sisters were famous for their sexual affairs - one was having an affair with the Prime Minister of the day, and the other was the mistress of the Foreign Secretary who took England into the First World War. I thought it would be interesting to reconceptualize the painting a bit.

"The Cruxton Sisters".
View attachment 811265
Make of it what you will, it seems to portray the Ladies Kathy, Barb and Katya relaxing after dealing with a "suitor" who didn't measure up (in some way :rolleyes:). Rumour has it there was a stable hand who wanted to play above his station, and was never heard from again. Historians have questioned whether this event actually ever took place, given the difficulties associated with cleaning blood out of the upholstery, and crucifixions at Cruxton were normally done outdoors. The artist, did portray the ladies as having removed their own clothing, possibly to show how clever they were to keep their dresses clean of bloodstains, but more likely because he liked painting naked ladies. Who knows what is true though, since it is documented that, when she spilled red wine on the carpet in one of the drawing rooms, Lady Barb was said to be dismissive and commented on how Lord Wragg would hardly be distressed, since the "rug" was from Persia (not even from the Empire of the day) and was "pretty old and in need of replacement."
It's a fact, gentle reader. Jollyrei has been working on this for days! But by Jove it shows, three of our favourite ladies shown to such marvellous effect.:clapping:

Oh, and thanks for the tip off, Jolly, old bean. I'd wondered how that stain got onto my carpet.:mad:

Barb, a word, if you please. The dungeon is a nice, quiet, private place for a little chinwag.:devil:

Oh my, we privileged Cruxton Abbey “Ladies” are really quite spoiled, aren’t we? The manor is our playground, and young men, especially our inferiors, are our playthings. Take that buck stable hand, Jack, for instance. Did he give us a ride! Such stamina! He did all three of us in one go, he did! But then, sadly, the thought of him bragging of his triple conquest, describing our most intimate feminine parts, and lustful pleasures to any and all down at the village pub could never be tolerated. So .... we had no choice but to do poor Jack in. Bloody business that. But honor and propriety, or at least the appearance of honor and propriety, must be preserved at all costs. Our father taught us that.

Last edited:
It's a fact, gentle reader. Jollyrei has been working on this for days! But by Jove it shows, three of our favourite ladies shown to such marvellous effect.:clapping:

Oh, and thanks for the tip off, Jolly, old bean. I'd wondered how that stain got onto my carpet.:mad:

Barb, a word, if you please. The dungeon is a nice, quiet, private place for a little chinwag.:devil:
It would seem that my next work may be entitled "Oh shit!" ;):devil:

Damn. Not the dungeon again! I’ve been found out!

Oh my, we privileged Cruxton Abbey “Ladies” are really quite spoiled, aren’t we? The manor is our playground, and young men, especially our inferiors, are our playthings. Take that buck stable hand, Jack, for instance. Did he give us a ride! Such stamina! He did all three of us in one go, he did! But then, sadly, the thought of him bragging of his triple conquest, describing our most intimate feminine parts, and lustful pleasures to any and all down at the village pub could never be tolerated. So .... we had no choice but to do poor Jack in. Bloody business that. But honor and propriety, or at least the appearance of honor and propriety, must be preserved at all costs. Our father taught us that.
It's good to see these 'traditions' being perpetuated, although the indoor crux was rather novel. At least the artist you engaged to record the event (was that wise?) seems to have preserved the appearance of your honour and propriety, as you say... Presumably you commissioned him for 'The Three Graces at Golgotha'...? ;)

Then again, I might have to check up on the circumstances of Jolly John Singer Sargent's mysterious demise... :eek:

"The Cruxton Sisters".
WyndhamSisters01e1a.jpg
Make of it what you will, it seems to portray the Ladies Kathy, Barb and Katya relaxing after dealing with a "suitor" who didn't measure up (in some way :rolleyes:).
He regrets nothing!! :very_hot: :smoking:

It looks to be very much in the style of Croix Nouveau, more popularly referred to as, 'Country House Crux'. So I would certainly include it within the Cruxton genre. And these society portraits always seem to have some kind of sordid tale concealed beneath the layers of varnish on their impeccable surfaces... :D

I know you have put a lot of work into this multi-figure composition, and you have applied some experimental techniques in filtered colour-blending. The result shows a high standard of visual consistency in the lighting and use of colour - all sympathetic to a background which has required some modification from the original.

The character interaction contributes to a memorable composition, in which the female forms blend into a 'U' shape, embracing the shadowy crucified male in something reminiscent of a lucky horse shoe. The luckless man looks up and his gaze is met by the portrait of the pensive lady on the wall behind him. With his last breath, he utters, 'Je ne regrette rien'...! :confused::eek::D

Excellent work, Jolly! :)

View attachment 811264

"The Cruxton Sisters".
View attachment 811265
The artist wanted to see us naked and paint us so we decided to pose for him

Presumably with liberal applications of corporal punishment !

"Our Father" - getting the god awful religion are you, Babs?
Time to atone for your sins, maybe?

( "God awful relig." From "A breath of French air" by H.E. Bates.
You can't beat Master Bates for a good tail.

The Wild Flower Meadow at Cruxton Abbey - another view of this charming attraction.
An abbey, you say? Is it just past these beautiful lips...er...flowers? :D
Seriously Bob, that's magnificent work. Look at those lips. So real you can almost taste them. Those eyes, that hair. Such attention to detail. It's sheer art.
:beer::beer::beer:

An abbey, you say? Is it just past these beautiful lips...er...flowers? :D
Seriously Bob, that's magnificent work. Look at those lips. So real you can almost taste them. Those eyes, that hair. Such attention to detail. It's sheer art.
Thanks Jolly, but I have to credit Rylsky with the original, high resolution portrait - I just made a few colour adjustments to remove the eye shadow and lipstick.
Meanwhile, the colour blending filters seem to be quite effective at disguising the fact that Alice was photographed in the studio.
And the layer mask technique succeeds in capturing all of the peripheral fine detail in the hair! :)

The Wild Flower Meadow at Cruxton Abbey - another view of this charming attraction
Well worth the entrance fee, Bob! Charming indeed! :)

Beautifully executed... I mean, beautifully put together... The image, not Alice. Well, her, too, obviously :confused:

Isn't it amazing how a beautiful picture of a beautiful girl plays havoc with the brain?

The Library at Cruxton Abbey

the_library_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearled_ddpbw6w-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Library-at-Cruxton-Abbey-828605624 )​

What started off as an innocent game of Cluedo in 'Country House Cosplay' fashion seems to have taken a sinister turn as Jasmine ponders the true identity of her latest victim. A serious player for whom winning is everything, Jasmine was surprised to find her favourite 'Miss Scarlett' dress inexplicably missing from her wardrobe. But she has also learned something about the mysterious guest now playing the role of the involuntary deceased so convincingly.

Lord Wragg recalls the scene in the library which, 'sent my imagination into overdrive!' Nevertheless, he was able to provide a plausible account, describing the man as, 'A second-hand dress salesman, who had made a fortune by nicking fine dresses from rich young ladies and selling them on the black market. It is said that he can trace his pedigree back to Roman times, when his umpteenth great grandad got lucky and acquired two expensive dresses in one day. Jasmine finally wreaks her revenge. Spooky!'

Spooky indeed - and a neat solution to a murder mystery. Seeing red - Miss Scarlett, in the library, with the dagger...

The Library at Cruxton Abbey.jpg

Back
Top Bottom