Cruxton Abbey

Go to CruxDreams.com
Love the accessories... hat, furs and gloves. Shoes are horrid, but like the other accessories fit the time period. Hope there won’t be much blood on the carpet. Extra work for the service staff.
I knew you would hate the shoes, Barb, and curiously, the condition of the carpet was also the first concern expressed by @MahaShiva !
But on the whole, we are confident that this unfortunate incident can be legally resolved as a case of self-defence. ;)

The inspiration for the picture was provided by a recent appearance in the 'Lovely Ladies Thread', courtesy of @elephas , of Wragg's current Greco-Caledonian starlet, Jasmine Andreas :)

Jasmine sepia 991-1006657919.jpg

The Library at Cruxton Abbey

the_library_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearled_ddpbw6w-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Library-at-Cruxton-Abbey-828605624 )​

What started off as an innocent game of Cluedo in 'Country House Cosplay' fashion seems to have taken a sinister turn as Jasmine ponders the true identity of her latest victim. A serious player for whom winning is everything, Jasmine was surprised to find her favourite 'Miss Scarlett' dress inexplicably missing from her wardrobe. But she has also learned something about the mysterious guest now playing the role of the involuntary deceased so convincingly.

Lord Wragg recalls the scene in the library which, 'sent my imagination into overdrive!' Nevertheless, he was able to provide a plausible account, describing the man as, 'A second-hand dress salesman, who had made a fortune by nicking fine dresses from rich young ladies and selling them on the black market. It is said that he can trace his pedigree back to Roman times, when his umpteenth great grandad got lucky and acquired two expensive dresses in one day. Jasmine finally wreaks her revenge. Spooky!'

Spooky indeed - and a neat solution to a murder mystery. Seeing red - Miss Scarlett, in the library, with the dagger...

And no one can find the murder weapon. What's that, she's holding it in her hand? Somehow I didn't notice it . . . .

I knew you would hate the shoes, Barb, and curiously, the condition of the carpet was also the first concern expressed by @MahaShiva !
But on the whole, we are confident that this unfortunate incident can be legally resolved as a case of self-defence. ;)

Shiva needn't worry, there's already red in the carpet.

The Library at Cruxton Abbey

the_library_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearled_ddpbw6w-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Library-at-Cruxton-Abbey-828605624 )​

What started off as an innocent game of Cluedo in 'Country House Cosplay' fashion seems to have taken a sinister turn as Jasmine ponders the true identity of her latest victim. A serious player for whom winning is everything, Jasmine was surprised to find her favourite 'Miss Scarlett' dress inexplicably missing from her wardrobe. But she has also learned something about the mysterious guest now playing the role of the involuntary deceased so convincingly.

Lord Wragg recalls the scene in the library which, 'sent my imagination into overdrive!' Nevertheless, he was able to provide a plausible account, describing the man as, 'A second-hand dress salesman, who had made a fortune by nicking fine dresses from rich young ladies and selling them on the black market. It is said that he can trace his pedigree back to Roman times, when his umpteenth great grandad got lucky and acquired two expensive dresses in one day. Jasmine finally wreaks her revenge. Spooky!'

Spooky indeed - and a neat solution to a murder mystery. Seeing red - Miss Scarlett, in the library, with the dagger...

:duke:

And Jasmine comes from a long line of those who keep getting into trouble with nasty sharp cutty things!

I'm not fussed about the body but a bit worried about the stains on the carpet, Barb's already in the doghouse, sounds like she's in for some company! :span1:

The inspiration for the picture was provided by a recent appearance in the 'Lovely Ladies Thread', courtesy of @elephas , of Wragg's current Greco-Caledonian starlet, Jasmine Andreas :)

View attachment 814531

Of course you just took a black and white image and colourized it so that the rest of us can't tell. ;) :D :clapping:
I love Cluedo, but Jasmine seems to take a bit of a literal turn with the game. Even so, she has a really nice dagger.
And Jasmine comes from a long line of those who keep getting into trouble with nasty sharp cutty things!

I'm not fussed about the body but a bit worried about the stains on the carpet.
I don't think we need worry particularly, M'lord. The staff will take care of the carpet cleaning, and as Mr. Phlebas said, much of the carpet is already red. But I think you would prefer to "discuss" this little incident with Miss Jasmine privately, rather than have the house full of police constables. If you will excused me, sir, I shall ask Mr. Jollyrei to discretely remove the supine gentleman here before someone trips over him.
Jeeves2.jpg

Last edited:
It goes without saying that Cruxdreams models always receive a warm welcome at Cruxton Abbey. And so, Phlebas Rossetti lost no time in persuading Julia to model for a painting, based on the session she originally performed for Makar and ImageMaker. Despite the challenging pose, Phlebas was so pleased with the outcome that he announced his intention to enter the portrait in the prestigious Royal Academy Exhibition - at which point Julia began to wonder if her ordeal had been ill-advised... :eek:

The Studio at Cruxton Abbey

the_studio_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearled_ddpsue0-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Studio-at-Cruxton-Abbey-829396440 )​

On the afternoon of 8 June 2008, Julia performed with Oxana in the Cruxdreams session which produced the 'Virgin Crucifix' video and accompanying photo series.
Phlebas' painting is based directly on Makar's 'Portrait of une Crucifiee - 30'.

The Studio at Cruxton Abbey.jpgPortrait of une crucifiee - 30 by makar013 d29tbuf-005ea978-b4a0-43b1-83dc-a52847ba1c3b.jpgThe Studio at Cruxton Abbey detail 1.jpg

It goes without saying that Cruxdreams models always receive a warm welcome at Cruxton Abbey. And so, Phlebas Rossetti lost no time in persuading Julia to model for a painting, based on the session she originally performed for Makar and ImageMaker. Despite the challenging pose, Phlebas was so pleased with the outcome that he announced his intention to enter the portrait in the prestigious Royal Academy Exhibition - at which point Julia began to wonder if her ordeal had been ill-advised... :eek:

The Studio at Cruxton Abbey

the_studio_at_cruxton_abbey_by_bobnearled_ddpsue0-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/The-Studio-at-Cruxton-Abbey-829396440 )​

On the afternoon of 8 June 2008, Julia performed with Oxana in the Cruxdreams session which produced the 'Virgin Crucifix' video and accompanying photo series.
Phlebas' painting is based directly on Makar's 'Portrait of une Crucifiee - 30'.

Phlebas, my dear fellow, you really ought to cheer up a bit. Most chaps would give their eye teeth to have a girl like Julia in their studio!

Phlebas, my dear fellow, you really ought to cheer up a bit. Most chaps would give their eye teeth to have a girl like Julia in their studio!

I'm wondering what the Royal Academy will say - should I have gone for the full body view instead ?
And those lips are not full enough or red enough :doh: . . . . . it's hard being an artist!

The young Cecilia Prentiss, the sheltered young daughter of Lord Albert Prentice (deceased) and the Lady Agatha Prentiss (nee Wragg), has come to visit her family, over the objections of her mother. Lady Agatha is, of course, Bertie's Aunt Agatha, who can kill with just a glance at 15 paces. Bertie is therefore gratified to learn that she has not come to try to make him "better himself" as she did last time she showed up, but to enlist the help of Lord Desmond Wragg and Bertie in finding Cecilia a suitable husband. Aunt Agatha thinks nothing good about Bertie's friends, and is disdainful of the "traditions" that her brother perpetuates. . Cecilia and Julia, however, find them charming and so different from what they thought young men would be like, having lived most of their lives so far sheltered from most of reality, and certainly from the eccentricities of places like Cruxton Abbey. Unfortunately for Cecilia (or perhaps fortunately), while Mr. Jollyrei was mysterious, and both Mr. Phlebas and Mr. Bob Inder were artistic, they showed far more interest in Julia than her.

What she didn't realize is that the three young gentlemen had encountered her mother, along with Bertie, on a previous occasion, and sagely decided that toying with Cecilia (or getting shackled to her in marriage) would be a fate well avoided. By the afternoon, it is apparent that Julia has been whisked off by one or more of the gentlemen, and Aunt Agatha begins to worry a bit. She may have sheltered her daughter from the family traditions, but she herself has no illusions of what happens under Lord Desmond's roof.
Finally, she gets tired of Bertie's assurances that Julia is "probably alright", decides that she and Cecilia will go out to the gardens to find Julia themselves. In the garden, they meet one of the servant girls...

"I suppose, Mother, that the female staff enjoy working, well, in the altogether...I mean, on such a warm day," said Cecilia.
"Desmond has some very odd attitudes about girls," said Aunt Agatha.
"It's chramingly, er...elemental." said Cecilia, blushing a little. "It must be very liberating. I wonder where that mysterious Mr. Jollyrei and Mr. Phlebas took Julia. I hear both Mr. Phlebas and Mr. Inder are quite artistic. Do you suppose they wanted Julia to pose."
"I hope that's all they had in mind," growled Aunt Agatha. They approached a naked servant girl who was visibly nervous at their arrival. "Here, my girl, have you seen any of those degenerates with whom my nephew seems to be associatkng these days, or indeed the young friend of my daughter? Speak up, girl!"
"Oh ma'am, they took her out by the front gates, but..."
"Thank you. You may go. Come, Cecilia. We will find your friend before anything untoward happens to her."
"Oh mother, you're so melodramatic. What could possibly happen to her?
"Do shut up, Cecilia about things you know nothing about!"
CruxtonAbbey07.jpg

Yes, servant girls and professional models are all very well, but a young lady of quality and refinement brings a certain je ne sais quois to the task. Her grace and innate ability to soldier on in the face of adversity inspire the artist to new heights, and I have yet to meet a young female member of the aristocracy who was not open to almost any suggestion in the name of art. :)

"I wonder where that mysterious Mr. Jollyrei and Mr. Phlebas took Julia. I hear both Mr. Phlebas and Mr. Inder are quite artistic. Do you suppose they wanted Julia to pose?"
Well, I think that may be the most likely explanation. :D
A wonderfully compact composition, Jolly! - I love that little cameo scene with the rather coy looking, naked servant in the distance, whilst full revelation awaits close up in the foreground, just around the corner!

And here we can see members of Cruxton's artistic community, working en plein air and feeling totally inspired by Julia's posing, on 'The Lawn at Cruxton Abbey' ;)

A wonderfully compact composition, Jolly! - I love that little cameo scene with the rather coy looking, naked servant in the distance, whilst full revelation awaits close up in the foreground, just around the corner!

And here we can see members of Cruxton's artistic community, working en plein air and feeling totally inspired by Julia's posing, on 'The Lawn at Cruxton Abbey' ;)

A lovely afternoon on the lawn, doing some painting. Certainly a nicer setting than I have at home at the moment. These gentlemen clearly take their art seroiusly, although they are rather fixed on Julia on her cross, rather than the other girl who might be pressed into some sort of artistic service. She seems to have a critical eye. :D

Having discussed the preview of this, I am reminded about how much work goes into some of the small details of these manip images. If I recall, the right hand male figure's face alone has 45 layers, and Bob is such a consummate artist that it is (to my eye) impossible to tell that the face is not original to the body. The colour blending on this image is likewise perfect with all the characters comparably shaded. I only use the word "comparably" because if I say "perfectly", Bob will doubtless respond with a long explanation on how perfection in shading was impossible and he's not really that satisfied. :D:D

But seriously, a wonderful pastoral scene, beautifully executed, Bob. :clapping::clapping::clapping::beer:

A lovely afternoon on the lawn, doing some painting. Certainly a nicer setting than I have at home at the moment. These gentlemen clearly take their art seroiusly, although they are rather fixed on Julia on her cross, rather than the other girl who might be pressed into some sort of artistic service. She seems to have a critical eye. :D

Having discussed the preview of this, I am reminded about how much work goes into some of the small details of these manip images. If I recall, the right hand male figure's face alone has 45 layers, and Bob is such a consummate artist that it is (to my eye) impossible to tell that the face is not original to the body. The colour blending on this image is likewise perfect with all the characters comparably shaded. I only use the word "comparably" because if I say "perfectly", Bob will doubtless respond with a long explanation on how perfection in shading was impossible and he's not really that satisfied. :D:D

But seriously, a wonderful pastoral scene, beautifully executed, Bob. :clapping::clapping::clapping::beer:
Thanks for your enthusiastic response, Jolly. Having two models available means that they can take turns, since it is very demanding to hold this static pose for any length of time.
I think the girls are secretly rather pleased that the paintings are nearing completion. ;)

The first task in this picture was to clear the grounds of tourists by digital over-painting. The figure of 45 visible layers is the total for the entire manipulation, and the faces of both artists are composite creations. As you observe, with so many layers and components, a lot of colour balancing is involved.

One day, I really must try working in wet paint again! :D

May I say, on behalf of all of us at Cruxton Abbey, how deeply honoured we are to have two such accomplished artists on our premises. Please consider all the facilities at the Abbey to be at your disposal, including the wine cellars, and, indeed, the dungeons should any of your models be unwise enough to move or even twitch while you are composing your masterpieces.

Please do not feel that you have to tolerate any misbehaviour or insolence!

and, indeed, the dungeons should any of your models be unwise enough to move or even twitch while you are composing your masterpieces.

I would note, by way of addendum, that his Lordship does not mean we necessarily discourage insolence or misbehaviour. In fact, on occasion we actively encourage it. We just don't tolerate it after it happens. It's a bit of a subtle point. :devil:

and, indeed, the dungeons should any of your models be unwise enough to move or even twitch while you are composing your masterpieces.

Dungeons? What dungeons? Frantically checking over my modeling contract small print. OMG! Here it is under the nudity acceptance clause! Oh shit! :confused::facepalm:

Can’t imagine either of those being a problem.:rolleyes:

Spring is here at last, and Lily has arrived at Cruxton Abbey. :)

And there is now some speculation regarding the appearance of 'Barbarossanova' characters at Cruxton. The most likely explanation seems to involve a Red Army training regime being run by Cruxton Studios, to prepare the actors for their forthcoming roles in the Russian epic - but so far, nobody is giving interviews...

This manipulation is another experiment, this time employing the Photoshop 'background eraser' as a preliminary stage in the creation of a layer mask.
The new figure is inserted into a composite environment without the need for any cutting out from the source image. ;)

Springtime at Cruxton Abbey

springtime_at_cruxton_abbey_1_by_bobnearled_ddrgqb1-pre.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/Springtime-at-Cruxton-Abbey-1-832190509 )

Springtime at Cruxton Abbey 1.jpgSpringtime at Cruxton Abbey 1 detail-1-140.jpg

What on earth does that girl think she is doing? :mad:

Look at her! :mad:

She's got her sticky little fingers all over that chrome! :mad:

Do these gals think that we buy these expensive cars just so they can drape themselves all over them? It'll be the dungeon for her if she doesn't mend her ways!

:span1:

What on earth does that girl think she is doing? :mad:

Look at her! :mad:

She's got her sticky little fingers all over that chrome! :mad:

Do these gals think that we buy these expensive cars just so they can drape themselves all over them? It'll be the dungeon for her if she doesn't mend her ways!

:span1:
(is that why you're angry ??)
How do you know she's got sticky fingers....??
What has she been doing,to get like that ??
Seems like a nice girl,to me..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom