Damian's Publications on dofantasy.com

Go to CruxDreams.com

Interesting, I just read a book on the Turks and Barbary Pirates who used to launch raids on European ships and coastal towns as well, carrying off everyone they captured into slavery in North Africa, Turkey, and beyond into the Muslim world. That went on for hundreds of years. They attacked shipping all over the western Mediterranean and eastern Atlantic Ocean and even raided into Ireland and as far north as Iceland. These were some of the older Islamic terrorists.

These were some of the older Islamic terrorists.
Actually much of this goes on. Only today the part with "carrying off everyone far away" isn't always necessary.
Example, the Rotherham scandal.
... conservatively estimated that 1,400 children had been sexually abused in the town between 1997 and 2013 by gangs of British-Pakistani men. Abuses described by the report included abduction, rape, torture and sex trafficking of children ... it had been covered up for fear of "giving oxygen" to racism ... failure of the authorities in Rotherham through "institutionalised political correctness"...

No doubt a lot could be said about modern-day piracy and slavery, terrorism,
and child-abusing gangs - they are not the same or even connected,
and they are not peculiar to, or representative of, Islamic civilisation.
But this isn't the place for political debate, Damian's delicious booklet
is Oriental fantasy, let's keep it that way.

Interesting, I just read a book on the Turks and Barbary Pirates who used to launch raids on European ships and coastal towns as well, carrying off everyone they captured into slavery in North Africa, Turkey, and beyond into the Muslim world. That went on for hundreds of years. They attacked shipping all over the western Mediterranean and eastern Atlantic Ocean and even raided into Ireland and as far north as Iceland. These were some of the older Islamic terrorists.
I tried to capture the sack of Baltimore, West Cork in The Lost Village.

I can't get the cover to download.
I accidentally posted a psd file with a .jpg tag, here it is Melissa. There is a writing competition going on by some of the forum members, interested? Will send a batch of my pictures to choose 25 and write text, the only provisor is these don't get out into the wider audience and the result will be published on a pay site I do work for. Eventually these or parts of them can be shared amongst members on the forum.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 1,796
Just to mention, I (and other cruxers who are writing for Damian just now)
won't take any payment, our share will go to ImageMaker's fund for CruxForums -
so buy it and know you're helping keep CruxForums great! :D

Last edited:
What a good idea.I'm sure we can help in some way. I've found some medieval pics.

Just to mention, I (and other cruxers who are writing for Damian just now)
won't take any payment, our share will go to ImageMaker's fund for CruxForums -
so buy it and know you're helping keep CruxForums great! :D
If we needed another excuse to buy Damian's great work, there it is. Long time fan, D! Keep up the amazing work!

I accidentally posted a psd file with a .jpg tag, here it is Melissa. There is a writing competition going on by some of the forum members, interested? Will send a batch of my pictures to choose 25 and write text, the only provisor is these don't get out into the wider audience and the result will be published on a pay site I do work for. Eventually these or parts of them can be shared amongst members on the forum.
Did you say writing competition? I would love to play! Where do we sign up?

Just send Damian a PM and he'll let you see a selection of his pictures
that want texts written for them.

In truth, I didn't know it was a competition :p

Just send Damian a PM and he'll let you see a selection of his pictures
that want texts written for them.

In truth, I didn't know it was a competition :p
In truth it wasn't but why not since others want to take part, from now on the results can be shared among us and the one to be published will be chosen by the others taking part. It should also be really interesting to see different interpretations and if it comes to a draw, I suppose I and Begonia at the site will make the final choice. I think admin will no longer have to worry about financing or expanding the forum! :) D.

I think this is a good place to post some pictures with texts done by fellow travellers, here is one using one of my new pics in an upcoming booklet with 25 pics and delicious texts.

Damian.

Attachments

• Crucifixion of two rebels - by Damian and Torquemada.pdf
    265.3 KB · Views: 734
Back
Top Bottom