DDroid's art

Go to CruxDreams.com

Droid3D

Spectator
Patt in cross

This is my first attempt to make a crucifixion scene, and in fact my very first steps as a digital illustrator so please bear with me ;-)
The model and scene were composed in Poser, rendered in Cinema4D and post worked in Photoshop.
The model was created inspired in Patt, my dutch-korean partner. She has been having some fantasies lately to be depicted in some kind of crucifixion scene so I thought I would be happy to please her.
We do not condone violence, we just do this for the love of art.
We thought we would share this art with all you members of this community, and we understand that moderators have control of anything we post, but please I would like to ask you not to re post my stuff anywhere else. Thank you!
I will share more art as I produce it, and as much as my real job allows me to sit and work.
Anyway, enjoy!

pattcx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dungeon scenes

I am not sure if I should open a new thread for each pic or continue posting them in this same one. I would appreciate if one of the kind folks who moderate this site could clarify this for me.
In any case, here is another contribution. Gosh! I really had found quite a lot of inspiration here LOL.
So this is my idea of how a prisoner might look like after being held captive in such terrifying and filthy place. Although her hair might still look kinda tidy :)
Hope you all like it.

alone-in-dungeon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Patt in cross

This is my first attempt to make a crucifixion scene, and in fact my very first steps as a digital illustrator so please bear with me ;-)
The model and scene were composed in Poser, rendered in Cinema4D and post worked in Photoshop.
The model was created inspired in Patt, my dutch-korean partner. She has been having some fantasies lately to be depicted in some kind of crucifixion scene so I thought I would be happy to please her.
We do not condone violence, we just do this for the love of art.
We thought we would share this art with all you members of this community, and we understand that moderators have control of anything we post, but please I would like to ask you not to re post my stuff anywhere else. Thank you!
I will share more art as I produce it, and as much as my real job allows me to sit and work.
Anyway, enjoy!

View attachment 779558
I think your work is excellent, DDroid, I love it!

You'll see I've just copied your original posts, so that they are all on the one thread, but I've left your original threads, with their comments, alone.

In any case, here is another contribution. Gosh! I really had found quite a lot of inspiration here LOL.
So this is my idea of how a prisoner might look like after being held captive in such terrifying and filthy place. Although her hair might still look kinda tidy :)
Hope you all like it.

View attachment 779559
I find this dungeon one really impressive. It is powerful and dramatic, and I am looking forward to seeing more of your work. And, if you hadn't said that you were only starting out as a digital illustrator, the thought would never even have occured to me.

The thighs look a little bit odd, maybe an issue with the CG dolly, it doesn’t like this pose.. well, who would?? :eek: But still, nice job! :)

True about the thighs, but that is one righteous ass. :babeando:

Attachments

• 56DA07A6-9BDC-4A49-8695-62B77B07C398.jpeg
    56DA07A6-9BDC-4A49-8695-62B77B07C398.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 1,044
Good stuff please post more!
especially like the dirty textures:)

I really appreciate all the great comments and likes, as well as all the private messages I have received.
I was asked about the techniques I use on my illustrations. That flatters me a lot, and blushes me at the same time :) because as I mention before I just started in this and I know I still have a lot to learn. For those interested, I like modifying the model's maps in Photoshop, in this case painting some dirt and other details such as the dirty feet ( Let's be honest here, no inquisitor / torturer would allow you to shower or shave before your torture session ) I also use bump and specular maps to simulate sweat and to try to add some degree of realism to the skin.
I render in Cinema4D, a program Patt uses a lot for her job in Publicity. I like the Poser renderer but Cinema gives me better control over the lights and diffuse maps, not to mention the great effects you can add to your scene, such as Ambient Occlusion. That way, my post work in Photoshop is minimal.
Of course, Cinema4d is quite an expensive program. Poser 11 Pro has a fantastic feature named Queue Render that allows you to render your scene in layers and post work them separately in Photoshop or the GIMP. Surprisingly, Cinema4d lacks this feature, or at least our version does, but it is from 2012. Perhaps the newest versions already have that power.
In any case, there are many free open source render engines that do a great job, such as the Blender 'Cycles'. Again, bump maps and detailed textures do the trick.

loneliness.jpg

I really appreciate all the great comments and likes, as well as all the private messages I have received.
I was asked about the techniques I use on my illustrations. That flatters me a lot, and blushes me at the same time :) because as I mention before I just started in this and I know I still have a lot to learn. For those interested, I like modifying the model's maps in Photoshop, in this case painting some dirt and other details such as the dirty feet ( Let's be honest here, no inquisitor / torturer would allow you to shower or shave before your torture session ) I also use bump and specular maps to simulate sweat and to try to add some degree of realism to the skin.
I render in Cinema4D, a program Patt uses a lot for her job in Publicity. I like the Poser renderer but Cinema gives me better control over the lights and diffuse maps, not to mention the great effects you can add to your scene, such as Ambient Occlusion. That way, my post work in Photoshop is minimal.
Of course, Cinema4d is quite an expensive program. Poser 11 Pro has a fantastic feature named Queue Render that allows you to render your scene in layers and post work them separately in Photoshop or the GIMP. Surprisingly, Cinema4d lacks this feature, or at least our version does, but it is from 2012. Perhaps the newest versions already have that power.
In any case, there are many free open source render engines that do a great job, such as the Blender 'Cycles'. Again, bump maps and detailed textures do the trick.

View attachment 782828
I understood none of that, but thank you. (I tend to use my computer mostly as a handy surface to rest my drawing paper on) :p :rolleyes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom