DeviantArt is different....

Go to CruxDreams.com
That makes no sense. How did artists like DarkLust get their work on subscribestar? What do they mean by social pages?
By social pages they most likely mean Facebook and Twitter.
I highly advise against it. Especially Twitter.

Basically inviting the worst parts of the Internet to attack you for no reason? I mean, hate mobs roll through those sites like the tides. Oh good God, if you have to do that, I’ll feel awful for you But there’s nothing about your art that violates the TOS of Twitter. Just say it’s part of your religion. :p

Site where the largely anonymous user base is dedicated to affection for an ancient and cruel capital punishment carried out largely by totalitarian empires, especially when that punishment is applied to women: Some of the nicest, kindest people, rarely any problems, only a handful of people that ever needed reigning in.

Site dedicated to current events where the majority of people use real names: cesspool full of bigotry, mob justice, and the worst excesses of human tribalism.

Site where the largely anonymous user base is dedicated to affection for an ancient and cruel capital punishment carried out largely by totalitarian empires, especially when that punishment is applied to women: Some of the nicest, people rarely any problems, only a handful of people that ever needed reigning in.

Site dedicated to current events where the majority of people use real names: cesspool full of bigotry, mob justice, and the worst excesses of human tribalism.
The first one sounds great! Let’s all go there.. wait.. :confused:

Site where the largely anonymous user base is dedicated to affection for an ancient and cruel capital punishment carried out largely by totalitarian empires, especially when that punishment is applied to women: Some of the nicest, kindest people, rarely any problems, only a handful of people that ever needed reigning in.

Probably because the former has much fewer people.

And Pixiv, people told me I need to blur genital areas, as it's a japanese site.
So, I'm not really fan of that idea!
As far as I know you can show everything unblurred on pixiv, as long as you rate the picture r-18 or r-18G (for gore).
That's what I do there and up to now there was never a problem.
It is a bit difficult to organise your stuff, since there are no real 'galleries'. Text to a picture is limited to 3000 characters.
There is not much in the way of feedback there, but a number of DA exiles follow each other and maybe it will get more.

I also opened an account on ArtUntamed. Basically it seems to be for artists from artists and very relaxed about 'objectionable' content, as long as they can somehow declare it to be art. No gore, though.
The drawback is that they somehow need to finance the site, so you are only allowed to add two pics per day, unless you pay for an advanced account, and I'm certainly no more paying to show my stuff, as I would ask to be paid to show it.

As far as I know you can show everything unblurred on pixiv, as long as you rate the picture r-18 or r-18G (for gore).
That's what I do there and up to now there was never a problem.
It is a bit difficult to organise your stuff, since there are no real 'galleries'. Text to a picture is limited to 3000 characters.
There is not much in the way of feedback there, but a number of DA exiles follow each other and maybe it will get more.

I also opened an account on ArtUntamed. Basically it seems to be for artists from artists and very relaxed about 'objectionable' content, as long as they can somehow declare it to be art. No gore, though.
The drawback is that they somehow need to finance the site, so you are only allowed to add two pics per day, unless you pay for an advanced account, and I'm certainly no more paying to show my stuff, as I would ask to be paid to show it.
Thanks for that info @Zungur , I saw you were on ArtUntamed when I looked at their gallery. Are you currently AU’s only traditional artist?

Being German, when you write 'traditional artist' I just can't help to imagine myself as a juggling wirewalker wearing 'lederhosen' ('Artist' in German meaning 'acrobat' in English).
Language is a funny thing :)

Anyway, I think you are correct. All the other stuff I saw there is text based or computer generated.
Come to think of it: are there more than the two of us, who still hold pens in their hands?

Being German, when you write 'traditional artist' I just can't help to imagine myself as a juggling wirewalker wearing 'lederhosen' ('Artist' in German meaning 'acrobat' in English).
Language is a funny thing :)

Anyway, I think you are correct. All the other stuff I saw there is text based or computer generated.
Come to think of it: are there more than the two of us, who still hold pens in their hands?
Haha.. I know, these traditional artist’s lederhosen are so uncomfortable..and the high wire juggling gives me vertigo! :p
I don’t think we’re the only ones who prefer pigments to pixels, though it sometimes feels that way ;)

You know with all this going on, someone should start a site where artists could post their work freely. It could even have writers posting stories (OK, I didn't say they would be necessarily be any good). People could comment and interact and discuss whatever, even stuff like squirrels. You could have private conversations if you wanted. You wouldn't have to meet any particular criteria to be allowed on (though being an actual human being might be helpful). Any takers?
Yes it is called cruxforums! Can I crawl before management on my hands and knees, naked, exposed and vulnerable, and kiss their collective feet in homage? Then gaze up, soft pleading eyes through my tumbling hair, to beg them to understand I mean it?

Message I got from SuscribeStar support:
"
Hi SkatingJesus,

Thank you for signing up with SubscribeStar!

While reviewing your profile we realized you have a great potential to become really popular. Until that moment we suggest you focus on growing your audience to a level where it's reasonable to start a monetization campaign.

We appreciate your interest and will be waiting for you to get back to us after you establish a solid footprint in the realm of social networks.

Whenever you ready, just shoot us an email with the word RE-ENTRY in the subject line and links to your social pages."

So, 12.000 Watchers and 3 millions views are not enough to get the privilege of an artist account there...
Well, I'm not that close to have a page for supporting me, I guess...

Also, did you send them a link to your deviant art page on wayback machine?

Back
Top Bottom