DeviantArt is different....

Go to CruxDreams.com
No longer a member there, have you posted it on here, sorry, I don't follow the goings on too often here or elsewhere because of work! D
Since I'm a CF'members ( on January 2012 ), perhaps certainly that I've not much posted here ... :cbiggrin:
Anyway, that's , of course, that I'm not a GREAT artist like you ... and not juged suffisciently worthy to be viewed ... :D

https://cruxforums.com/xf/threads/messalinedeep-fantasies.3919/ ( Replies889 Views144K )

( Replies1K Views144K )

... and how many more ! ....... :tejeqteje:

I think you got yourself started when you said “leftist morons” ;)
But OK.
No, DA started this when they started purging content creators because ths site is now being run by a bunch of humourless puritans

Actually, I saw they only were deleting arts where women were "harmed" (hanged for what I'm into). However, when it's about male harms, everything's fine and you can publish there.
Double standards, indeed.

If they don't want to have execution pictures, no problem: but do it for every kind of killing, not just for one category of people (even if, I agree, women were the most part).

Actually, I saw they only were deleting arts where women were "harmed" (hanged for what I'm into). However, when it's about male harms, everything's fine and you can publish there.
Double standards, indeed.

If they don't want to have execution pictures, no problem: but do it for every kind of killing, not just for one category of people (even if, I agree, women were the most part).
That's the trouble with the woke mobs - if they didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all :(

I don't think DA's purging has got anything much to do with political, ideological positions
(and please can we just accept that we a very mixed bunch so far as those are concerned,
which is one thing I like about CF, so long as we don't get into snapping at one another)
It's simply because the current owners want it to be a mainstream, vanilla site that can attract advertisers.
It's a shame, and the arbitrary way they're going about cancelling members does them no credit -
but it's just a commercial decision.

Went looking for where folks went after the Tumblr ban, and this article from last February

still includes Deviantart. :doh:

And tumblrx

is already defunct.

Time flies when you’re having fun. :flamethrower2:

(Never used that one before. :rolleyes:)

well I persevered, even though it takes weeks for them to reply (not anymore I was getting emails an hour later at the end)
the mail that really pissed me off said
Unfortunately, your account is currently suspended, which means we cannot grant you access to the account to deactivate the account.

my reply wasn't very polite and received this as their answer

The tone and content of your message are inappropriate.
The DeviantArt staff reserves the right to deny assistance when a member is hostile in their support ticket. You may reopen your ticket here when you are able to conduct yourself with respect, and we will be happy to look into your issue.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

my reply to that ( I didn't open a ticket)
was to say that their parent company wix is a publicly traded company, if deviantart is deliberately falsifying their active user numbers by refusing to let people leave, then that will have an effect on the share price, and that is fraud amongst other crimes, and told them I was writing to the SEC in the afternoon to demand an investigation in to their practices and would encourage other banned users to do the same.
an hour later I got this

In accordance with data protection regulations around the world, including but not limited to GDPR, CCPA, deviants may request to have specific data permanently removed from their accounts, after which their accounts will be deleted.

We will lift the suspension in your account for 7 days starting today, please follow the procedure ASAP, if at the end of the 7 days the process has not been started we will place a permanent suspension onto your account again and will not be lifted again.

Before beginning the removal process, your account must first be deactivated. Click here for instructions on how to deactivate your account and to review what occurs after your account is deactivated.

Removing data from your account is permanent and cannot be undone. Before initiating the process, we encourage you to review your data to see what will be removed. After completing this process, you can no longer use any of your DeviantArt services, and DeviantArt will not be able to restore your account or retrieve your data in the future. If you contact DeviantArt Support in the future, the system will not recognize your account and Customer Support representatives will not be able to assist you with your deleted account.

it seems I hit a raw nerve and they most likely are breaking the law

well I persevered, even though it takes weeks for them to reply (not anymore I was getting emails an hour later at the end)
the mail that really pissed me off said
Unfortunately, your account is currently suspended, which means we cannot grant you access to the account to deactivate the account.

my reply wasn't very polite and received this as their answer

The tone and content of your message are inappropriate.
The DeviantArt staff reserves the right to deny assistance when a member is hostile in their support ticket. You may reopen your ticket here when you are able to conduct yourself with respect, and we will be happy to look into your issue.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

my reply to that ( I didn't open a ticket)
was to say that their parent company wix is a publicly traded company, if deviantart is deliberately falsifying their active user numbers by refusing to let people leave, then that will have an effect on the share price, and that is fraud amongst other crimes, and told them I was writing to the SEC in the afternoon to demand an investigation in to their practices and would encourage other banned users to do the same.
an hour later I got this

In accordance with data protection regulations around the world, including but not limited to GDPR, CCPA, deviants may request to have specific data permanently removed from their accounts, after which their accounts will be deleted.

We will lift the suspension in your account for 7 days starting today, please follow the procedure ASAP, if at the end of the 7 days the process has not been started we will place a permanent suspension onto your account again and will not be lifted again.

Before beginning the removal process, your account must first be deactivated. Click here for instructions on how to deactivate your account and to review what occurs after your account is deactivated.

Removing data from your account is permanent and cannot be undone. Before initiating the process, we encourage you to review your data to see what will be removed. After completing this process, you can no longer use any of your DeviantArt services, and DeviantArt will not be able to restore your account or retrieve your data in the future. If you contact DeviantArt Support in the future, the system will not recognize your account and Customer Support representatives will not be able to assist you with your deleted account.

it seems I hit a raw nerve and they most likely are breaking the law
just tell me where to turn and I'll be happy to send them a SEC check, on their website ... thanks.

I don't think DA's purging has got anything much to do with political, ideological positions
its all about the money, no left wing right wing bullshit its just the money
Well as another example, OnlyFans are reported as saying they are soon going to 'block sexually explicit content and video' and it's said to be mostly pressure from payment companies.

Back
Top Bottom