E-DigitalFantasy - Pictures of Lily

Go to CruxDreams.com
Lily's curves and ribs are mesmerizing!!! She works out daily to keep in shape!!! She is a testament to the benefits of exercise!!!

IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG

'Watching the Storms' is a manipulation derived from E-DigitalFantasy's first session with Lily on 13 October 2014. I decided that if I could make Lily's hair run through her fingers, the reclining pose might be adapted for this stormy, outdoor scene.

The low angle of lighting is due to the sunlight filtering through the window blind in the source image. The dense shadows have been neutralised using flash lighting to soften the fine definition of Lily's features. The lighting angle and dynamic treatment of the hair have transformed the original boudoir theme into a dramatic scene of anticipation, and Lily is looking forward to a natural shower.

Watching the Storms 1.jpg

Four extra hair layers have been added, with the hand duplicated to fit between them. A small amount of digital painting ensures that the hair runs between the fingers. Each component has an individual colour blending filter, the final filter treatments bringing the total number of layers to seventeen.

'Watching the Storms' is a manipulation derived from E-DigitalFantasy's first session with Lily on 13 October 2014. I decided that if I could make Lily's hair run through her fingers, the reclining pose might be adapted for this stormy, outdoor scene.

The low angle of lighting is due to the sunlight filtering through the window blind in the source image. The dense shadows have been neutralised using flash lighting to soften the fine definition of Lily's features. The lighting angle and dynamic treatment of the hair have transformed the original boudoir theme into a dramatic scene of anticipation, and Lily is looking forward to a natural shower.

Four extra hair layers have been added, with the hand duplicated to fit between them. A small amount of digital painting ensures that the hair runs between the fingers. Each component has an individual colour blending filter, the final filter treatments bringing the total number of layers to seventeen.
Wonderful art Bob! You are the Master of technique in your work!

Matsonia hb E-DF 2021 Lily Matsonia.jpg

The arrival of SS Matsonia in San Francisco is always an exciting event, especially when a celebrity is aboard. Lily has evidently made the voyage from Honolulu, to celebrate her photographer's birthday. Happy Birthday, E-DigitalFantasy! :D

From the 1920s until the advent of the air age, the 'white ships' of the Matson fleet provided luxury travel between San Francisco, Los Angeles and Honolulu, also making scheduled voyages to Auckland and Sydney. Launched in 1926, Matsonia enjoyed a career lasting over fifty years, under different names, and with different owners.

IMG_0612.JPG

The manip is composed of twenty visible layers, including ten layer masks and six blending filters. Lily is a composite figure, the floral decorations and shadows being applied as separate components. Her face and body have been sourced from two separate pictures, and yet again both are from her first session with E-DigitalFantasy, on 13 October 2014.
Many thanks to Lily and E-DF for providing such high quality material for manipulations. :)

IMG_1962.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

The arrival of SS Matsonia in San Francisco is always an exciting event, especially when a celebrity is aboard. Lily has evidently made the voyage from Honolulu, to celebrate her photographer's birthday. Happy Birthday, E-DigitalFantasy! :D

From the 1920s until the advent of the air age, the 'white ships' of the Matson fleet provided luxury travel between San Francisco, Los Angeles and Honolulu, also making scheduled voyages to Auckland and Sydney. Launched in 1926, Matsonia enjoyed a career lasting over fifty years, under different names, and with different owners.

The manip is composed of twenty visible layers, including ten layer masks and six blending filters. Lily is a composite figure, the floral decorations and shadows being applied as separate components. Her face and body have been sourced from two separate pictures, and yet again both are from her first session with E-DigitalFantasy, on 13 October 2014.
Many thanks to Lily and E-DF for providing such high quality material for manipulations. :)

Thanks Bob! I saw your manip in the member’s Birthday section, and imagined Lily meeting me on the dock in Hawaii after I traveled a long distance from San Francisco to celebrate my birthday with her. I like your story here better, as I would be thrilled to meet her like this in San Francisco. Her presence would certainly provide wonderful thoughts to many, and especially to me. Thank you Bob for the wonderful birthday gift!

Thanks Bob! I saw your manip in the member’s Birthday section, and imagined Lily meeting me on the dock in Hawaii after I traveled a long distance from San Francisco to celebrate my birthday with her. I like your story here better, as I would be thrilled to meet her like this in San Francisco. Her presence would certainly provide wonderful thoughts to many, and especially to me. Thank you Bob for the wonderful birthday gift!
You're welcome, E-DF. I'm glad you like the picture, and thank you for all the lovely source material you have presented in this thread.

I suspect the original photograph actually shows Matsonia docked in Honolulu in the late 1940s. Lily's garland also evokes a Hawaiian image, so I think the narrative element works either way. I hope it won't be too long before you see her again. :)

Glamour Profession Lily det1.jpg

The manipulation entitled, 'Glamour Profession', was created as an illustration to the Steely Dan song of that name, which is linked to @melissa 's 'Favourite Music' thread -

The concept is intended to evoke a nocturnal, West Coast atmosphere from the era of the song, which was released in 1980. The portrait of Lily is from her first session with @E-DigitalFantasy on 13 October 2014, and this has been used in a head swap with the driver in a stock image from 'Focused Collection'.

Glamour Profession E-DF source IMG_1376.jpg

The source image shows the car being driven in daytime, with sunlight coming through the windscreen from the right and backlighting via the driver's window. The portrait comparison shows the necessary lighting adjustments to Lily's face, including highlights on her left side and nose, for consistency with the lighting on the car. These were achieved using selective brightness adjustments, as well as careful applications of dodge and burn.

Glamour Profession demo-2.jpg Glamour Profession demo-1.jpg Glamour Profession Lily exp1.jpg

Whilst the song refers to driving a Chrysler, the car in the picture is a Ford Cortina Mk3. The transatlantic, 'Coke bottle' styling is not obvious in this close-up view, but the left hand driving position is evident, contributing to the West Coast flavour. The new background is a nocturnal, street scene with a soft, bokeh effect in the city lights. The very shallow depth of field in the middle distance reveals traffic driving on the left, and I believe the photograph was actually taken in London.

Glamour Profession background.jpg

Since the focus had to be shifted to the foreground, the entire background was blurred, which helps to disguise the geographical inconsistencies. A section of the background was flipped to provide an appropriate reflection in the rear side window, and the watermarks on the car were painted out using the Photoshop colour picker and brush tools. The car was then darkened by making further brightness and colour adjustments. The finished picture contains only seven visible layers, including two colour blending filters.

The Tambourine Dancers

Les Danseuses de Tambourin.jpg

Lily celebrates the birthday of @CamCrux (Kamerijk) by appearing in a recent manipulation, sharing the stage with Alice. The background is based on 'Salome' (1887) by the French orientalist painter, Georges Rochegrosse. The original painting shows Salome dancing at Herod's court in the Fortress of Machaerus, overlooking the Dead Sea. As the prelude to a chain of events resulting in the execution of John the Baptist, the scene is imbued with tension and anticipation for those who recognise the exchange between Herod and Herodias - both concealed in the shadows on the right. For the casual viewer, the scene is a festive one, the focus being on the dance, the guests and musicians.

This version of 'Salome' is very close to the original painting, albeit modified to ensure that all visible characters are compliant with site rules -

georges rochegrosse 1887 salome 8173363641_f053617eb5_4k 140pc age mods 50pc.jpg

CamCrux has acquired a reputation for producing attractive manipulations of oriental slave girls and dancers, and he has previously employed Lily in exactly this role. Her latest appearance in a Kamerijk picture is the one entitled, 'Dancing for her Master'. This employs a source from her first session with @E-DigitalFantasy , on 13 October 2014. Coincidentally, it is also the source chosen by @Astrospartus for his creeper manip 'Elfe 03', in which Lily appears as a bejewelled elf, becoming entwined by a large vine in the garden.

Kamerijk Dancing for her Master dA mod by Bobnearled desce0n-72830e94-ff1f-44ea-8dd6-f6d53d5dc...jpg e-df-lily-cf-kamerijkdancing--cf-astrospartus-elfe03.jpg Astrospartus elfe_03_by_astrospartus_ddtwuwp.jpg

Also plausibly coincidental is the fact that the title of Kam's picture, 'Dancing for her Master', has been taken directly from the challenge set by @Jackie1111 in this thread, last February -
'I hope some of you talented manip artists recognize that a good number of Lily's poses make her the perfect candidate for a slave girl dancing for her Master.'

And so Lily has appeared for a sixth time in a Kamerijk manipulation, inserted into an orientalist painting by Ludwig Deutsch, in the role of a dancer, and making the perfect response to Jackie's comment. That manipulation is further discussed and reviewed in the thread, 'Cam's Camera: Slave Girls' -

The theme is perpetuated in the latest Kamerijk illustration, in which a dancer performs in an orientalist painting by Georges Rochegrosse. Suitably inspired, I decided to produce a Kamerijk emulation to celebrate his birthday. The familiar elements would include Lily as a dancer in an orientalist painting - and so I was delighted to discover that Rochegrosse had produced an epic composition, celebrating one of the most famous dancers in the history of art. In many ways, Salome has become synonymous with the archetypal femme fatale. Whilst she probably did not meet the living Baptist in person, her dancing at Machaerus was a catalyst in the events leading directly to John's death.

Rochegrosse's painting provides a scene with a festive audience, musicians and an inviting area of empty floor space in the centre of the composition. Lily was developed as a composite figure, employing her signature pose with both arms and one leg raised. The head and body are derived from separate pictures, both from her 'Marin Headlands' session with E-DigitalFantasy. This was her fourth visit to San Francisco for a day's shooting with E-DF, and it occured on 13 October 2015 - precisely on the first anniversary of their first session - the one which yielded the source for Kam's latest manip of Lily dancing. The coincidences were piling up.

Lily Loved The Backdrop!! Even With The Extra 'L'!.jpg

Good Morning!!! Lily Brightens The Day!!!.jpg

Many of Kamerijk's dancers are embellished with negligible clothing, various bracelets and other items of jewellery, but being short of time, I decided that Lily would probably be content to dance with just a tambourine instead of a costume. But when the nude Lily was installed in the centre of the picture, there was a visual conflict with the clothed figure of Salome, who was indisputably the main subject of the original painting.

From the start, I had hoped to include two dancers in the manipulation, and it became apparent that a second nude dancer was required to replace Salome. I had recently developed a flying figure of Alice for a Halloween-themed picture. This used a Femjoy source by Valery Anzilov, including raised arms and a raised leg, which reflected Lily's pose. By straightening the torso, and lifting her arms higher, I brought the figure of Alice into a pose approaching a mirror image of Lily. Another tambourine, and a new head (also from the Anzilov session) were inserted, providing Alice with a suitable instrument and a beaming smile to complement the one on Lily's face.

georges rochegrosse 1887 Salome-repaint-Alice.jpg Alice dromsk Droplets18 femjoy_111396_059 50pc.jpg Element 59cf5ab95adb1-det1.jpg

Whilst I claimed to have used a mythical 'Delete Figure' tool to remove Salome from the picture, Kam was not deceived, and in fact that area of the painting was completely re-worked with duplicated sections and digital painting. Several colour adjustments and filter treatments were applied to both girls in order to obtain suitable blending with the painted background, and the result is a compromise in terms of the lighting.

Kamerijk was one of the first manip artists to include Alice and Lily together in the same picture (specifically, celebrating 1000 Watchers on DeviantArt) and so I think it is appropriate that these two should be reunited to provide a cheerful, party atmosphere on the occasion of his birthday. And as a replacement for Salome, Alice has been acquiring some femme fatale experience of her own, thanks to illustrated stories by @wikk and @Wragg .

Many thanks to E-DigitalFantasy, CamCrux, Lily and Alice for the inspiration and the consistently delightful photo sources. :)

Shalmanassar has a small gallery on DeviantArt, showcasing his artwork and photographs. His portraits are drawn in ink or graphite on paper.

His picture of Lily uses both media, with colour added in what appears to be markers or crayons. This was published a week ago, on 16 December 2021, but the photograph which inspired the drawing is much older. Whilst Philippe Claes photographed Lily in Malta on 5 July 2012, this particular photo was published on DeviantArt only a year ago.

lilymalta_pop_ink_and_graphite_on_paper_12x18_by_shalmanassar_dewdieg.jpg lilymalta cf PC Malta 75 pc opacity.jpg lily_in_malta_by_philippe_art_debdm8h-fullview 05072012 at 1-32-59 pm.jpg

The drawing is a very faithful interpretation of the photograph, leading me to wonder if the artist had employed a light box. The centre image shows the drawing with the photo superimposed at 75% opacity. Whilst this reveals a high level of precision, the subtle imperfections suggest it may have been drawn freehand.

Beyond the growing number of manipulations, there is only a small quantity of fan art, mostly drawings, portraying Lily in traditional media, of which this is the latest. Philippe's reaction was, 'I love it!' :)

Back
Top Bottom