Email notifications of messages and new posts

Go to CruxDreams.com
Email notifications are currently completely random: I get them for some threads but not others.
I'm not sure that's anything new - I find the email notifications of PMs that I'm in (new or ongoing) reasonably reliable, likewise ones re-staff matters, but the ones for public threads seem, as you say, pretty random. I select 'all unread', uncheck the ones I want to preview as emails (i.e. mainly 'important' PMs and staff ones), and delete the rest. The alerts on the top bar are similarly random. There's not much we can do, I'm afraid, I guess XenForo has some algorithm that decides what to include, but the logic of its operation seems wholly obscure.

perhaps choose unwatch at the top of the page that how the title of the discussion

My inbox is overflowing with emails from the forum. Although I turned off the mailing list. Is there any way to further limit the mailing of emails?
Go to 'manage watched threads' and 'disable e-mail notification'. ;)

Where is this option located?
If you navigate to watched threads using the drop down menu at the top left, then you will see a button near the top right of that screen marked 'manage watched threads'. Click that, and you will see an option to disable email notifications, confirm your action, job done.

Mail notifications​

So I've recently noticed that I get email notifications again despite having them turned off. I checked preferences and all the boxes which I'd definitely set to "off" were on again.

Okay, I think, so it somehow got reset. Annoying but no big deal. I turn everything off again.

Today I'm greeted with more email notifications. I checked preferences again and everything's still turned off...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've recently noticed that I get email notifications again despite having them turned off. I checked preferences and all the boxes which I'd definitely set to "off" were on again.

Okay, I think, so it somehow got reset. Annoying but no big deal. I turn everything off again.

Today I'm greeted with more email notifications. I checked preferences again and everything's still turned off...
That's very odd. It looks to me like you have done everything correctly. So are you getting notifications about every watched thread and every conversation?

It looks like you changed your settings about eleven hours ago to notifications by alert only, so no emails. Anyhow, I've just set mine to no email, so I'll check my emails later.

Last edited:
From the timestamps on those mails and the notifications I got that didn't get me a mail it looks like the mails may only happen while Chrome has put the CF tabs into inactive mode. Haven't been able to confirm this yet, gotta wait until somebody posts while I'm away :p.

I think my theory is confirmed.

I got another mail while the browser tabs were inactive. The same thread, just a little earlier (when I was definitely online at CF), gave me a notification on this site but no mail.

And from the looks of it, your suggestion of manually unfollowing and following again seems to have fixed it for the other thread.

Back
Top Bottom