Euro 2016

Go to CruxDreams.com
Chiellini (the Italian food) for first!

remember that
Luis-Suarez-Best-Memes-of-Bites.jpg

Englexit... So that's why mum's gone to Iceland :D

So, Wales actually got forther than England in a footie tournament... These are strange times :)

Now all we have to do is to beat Belgium... Anything is possible I guess, but they looked absolutely devastating against Hungary...

Alan Shearer: "That was the worst performance I've ever seen from an England team. Ever. It was tactically inept.

"We were out-fought, out-thought, out-battled and totally hopeless for 90 minutes. I said after the three group games that England weren't good enough.

"It looked to me like Roy was making it up as he was going along.

"How can he pick Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere? We had players in the squad who didn't deserve to be there. Manchester City's winger Raheem Sterling hasn't performed. We can go on and on. Then there was Tottenham striker Harry Kane on corners... the list is endless.

"Our players caved tonight. We've all played under pressure, they caved and the manager caved. He gave Manchester United teenage striker Marcus Rashford four minutes and he still did more than anyone else.

"We are blinded by the Premier League. We think it's the best in the world for talent. It's not. We are totally reliant on foreign players and managers for excitement. We are not as good as we think we are."

Hum sums up more than football I think (my underline btw)

We are totally reliant on foreign players and managers for excitement. We are not as good as we think we are."

Hum sums up more than football I think (my underline btw)

I've said that for years - the England team doesn't have enough home-grown talent (Don't talk to me about Rooney - he's not half as good as he thinks he is, and in any case he's getting old now), so every time they play in international games, they get totally taken to the cleaners by their own Premiership team-mates.

And yeah - it's not just football either

I've said that for years - the England team doesn't have enough home-grown talent (Don't talk to me about Rooney - he's not half as good as he thinks he is, and in any case he's getting old now), so every time they play in international games, they get totally taken to the cleaners by their own Premiership team-mates.

And yeah - it's not just football either

I disagree with you on the home grown talent bit. People always think if we kick the foreigners out we'll do better but the problem is not lack of talent, we have scads of talented players. What we never turn out at England level is good teams, we may send great squads full of absolutely brilliant individual players and then they meet a team that plays as a team whose players might well play in our Championship or even League 1 and then we get beaten.

Because England don't field teams. Our players are selected not by the England Manager but by the English tabloid press and we all know their track record of picking winners. We need managers with the authority to kick tabloid faves out of the team because they can't take discipline.

Regarding football yes! Regarding brexit I think it was a brave change that in time could prove wise.

Yes in one or two centuries, when humanity will have completely destroyed itself. Then the mosquitoes and the worms will be the rulers of the earth...

"In the long run, we're all dead"-John Maynard Keynes

My question is if the Brexit is so great, why did the Leave side have to make so many false promises in order to sell it?
I live in Canada now. But as far as I can tell the leave campaign was pretty much non existent. Most people felt the remain campaign was heavy handed and forceful and people kicked back against it. To be honest I think it's less about Europe and more about how unhappy a lot of British people were. It was just a way to be heard to say "yes we are this unhappy and yes we do want change" the guise in which the change comes matters less than the fact people just wanted a voice for once against a government that had forgotten them.

I live in Canada now. But as far as I can tell the leave campaign was pretty much non existent.

Oh dear I am so tempted to answer this nonsense but this is the football thread...why don't you read up a far more detailed discussion of what actually happened over in Milestones...then maybe you can comment a bit more wisely there because....yeah....ignorance is forgiveable but only if you then try and educate yourself.

Back
Top Bottom