Filtered And Artistic Manips And Pictures Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
I always think this is one of the key moments in a crux fantasy, and I find this to be a really lovely perspective as well.
View attachment 918974
The model is Melody Y, otherwise known as Shayla or Chloe. She is lying on the Appian Way, presumably because she was associated with Spartacus or some other rebel group (Barb wouldn't know anything about that, of course :rolleyes: ;)).
Gentle Reader, I can tell you that Jollyrei has laboured long and hard to ensure that this image is simply perfect for us cruxaholics! The Maestro Bob has been Consultant-in-Chief, and I think the end result is nothing short of wonderful. The composition, the left foot, those threatening nails, the eye contact with the observer... it sure as heck does it for me! :clapping:

Straight into my 'favourites' folder! :)

nmwQ15d.jpg

(Hosted externally)
I'm fairly sure that the background was a random pic found on the web. It did have that Orientalist look about it. I find the filters on Adobe very difficult.

nmwQ15d.jpg

(Hosted externally)
I'm fairly sure that the background was a random pic found on the web. It did have that Orientalist look about it. I find the filters on Adobe very difficult.
That's a brilliant image, Melissa (and Julie?). It's really hard to tell whether anything else except the girl has been inserted. I suspect not, but some of the best manips are the simple ones. I agree that the filters in Adobe (I'm assuming you're using Photoshop) are less than entirely user friendly. However, the effect here is very well done. The girl blends in nicely with the other figures with regard to colour tone and lighting. She is, perhaps a bit less "dusty" looking, but then, she's a brand new slavegirl, isn't she? ;) She does seem a bit surprised to be there.

nmwQ15d.jpg

(Hosted externally)
As Jolly has observed, the girl's look of surprise has been exploited most effectively in this scene. In fact her self-conscious pose suggests that she is very recently enslaved and unaccustomed to public nudity - although she appears willing to learn in her new role. Our attention is drawn to her face, which is in high contrast, and has been blended neatly into the body and hair of the nude figure. She makes a nice contrast with the heavily dressed women in the foreground, who are defocused to provide a shallow depth of field for the nude figure.

The range of available filters can be slightly overwhelming, and the sample screen often needs to be moved to a visible part of the layer being treated. I use only a small selection of them, but I can rarely identify which ones have been employed in somebody else's work - you probably used Gaussian Blur on the foreground figures...? At any rate, the result is a charming composition. :)

A Fine Pair (Hosted externally)
7csIVPC.jpg

Tried to highlight "Alice". It isn't really her. She's made up of two different faces and a different body.
An attractively noise-filtered version with increased colour vibrancy and darkened edges, which makes an interesting comparison with your original illustration -

But even with the Face Blender and the body double, there is no mistaking the source of your inspiration. Nice work, Melissa! :D

hb-Melissa-2019-hos053-052det1.jpg

Okay, so someone explain this Face Blender thing to me. It sounds fascinating.
See this and the following posts, Jolly. :)

Yes probably the people doing pic manipulation can tell us about their techniques, I know try to learn to use "make human" and "Blender", but just beginner.
Try daz as well! I have many 3d artists that I know would be very willing to help you if you would like to experiemnt with the art form.

Okay, so someone explain this Face Blender thing to me. It sounds fascinating.
Hi. See Bobinders reply or simply go online. There are lots of free online face blending sites for pcs running Windows. You simply upload your faces, follow the instructions and download the blended result. It makes it appear as if you've discovered a brand new model. Free apps are also available for Android. I'll look up some of the best online stuff today and post later.

There were two or three face blending progs free and online just a few months ago and now I can't find one! There is a good one on Android. Meanwhile I had a go at watercolor. I followed the instructions exactly but I had to completely change the numbers to get anything that looked remotely like a painting. What I had looked like a badly trampled Roman mosaic floor. Anyway here is a real Alice.
6QKNQKP.jpg

There were two or three face blending progs free and online just a few months ago and now I can't find one! There is a good one on Android. Meanwhile I had a go at watercolor. I followed the instructions exactly but I had to completely change the numbers to get anything that looked remotely like a painting. What I had looked like a badly trampled Roman mosaic floor. Anyway here is a real Alice.
6QKNQKP.jpg
Yes, I've managed the mottled mosaic floor effect as well, which is fine if that's what you're going for. :D
This, on the other hand looks convincingly like a watercolour of Alice. It almost looks like one of those late 1960s book covers or movie posters for a spy thrilller (or stylish Kurt Vonnegut novel). I like it a lot. :)

Two beautiful girls being inspected by a local aristocrat in the slave markets.
SlaveMarket2a.jpg

I followed the instructions exactly but I had to completely change the numbers to get anything that looked remotely like a painting. What I had looked like a badly trampled Roman mosaic floor.
Further to this issue of trying to get a realistic painting effect, different editors provide different results and less is often more.
This image is the same as above, but with a very light-touch "oil paint" filter applied in Photoshop:
SlaveMarket2b.jpg

On the other hand, this is the oil paint effect from the FastStone imageviewer (also applied lightly):
SlaveMarket2c.jpg

Both give a nice sort of painting effect, but it really depends on what you're going for.

Two beautiful girls being inspected by a local aristocrat in the slave markets.
View attachment 931835

Further to this issue of trying to get a realistic painting effect, different editors provide different results and less is often more.
This image is the same as above, but with a very light-touch "oil paint" filter applied in Photoshop:
View attachment 931836

On the other hand, this is the oil paint effect from the FastStone imageviewer (also applied lightly):
View attachment 931837

Both give a nice sort of painting effect, but it really depends on what you're going for.

Yes, it is a matter of personal preference Jolly. Personally I prefer the second one in getting that oil painting effect, but it does render some of the details less clear. The first oil painting pic is possibly more artistic.
In situations like that when a filter I want to use obscures some small features, say eyes or nipples or something of the sort, I apply a mask and paint out very small parts of the filter, allowing detail from an underlying layer to come through.

Here is the second oil painting pic as done by you
SlaveMarket2c.jpg

and here it is with the eyes and mouths masked
JollySlaveMarket.jpg

Back
Top Bottom