Fragments

Go to CruxDreams.com
J

Juan1234

Hi everybody - I don't get to spend much time here on CF, which is a real pity. And I'm very paranoid about any of my writing being discovered or linked to me in real life, so I don't really write when I'm offline. Which means that I rarely am able to really develop the ideas I have very much. Even short stories can be hard to get down and finish. But I think maybe some of you might enjoy the germ of the ideas that sometimes inspire me, even undeveloped. So I thought I'd start a thread here where I can post the little, unfinished thoughts and ideas that sometimes come to me, even if I never develop them into a story. If anybody else ever has similar ideas and would like to post them here, please feel free. (And if any of you writers with more skill and/or more time would ever like to develop any of my little ideas, please feel free. Just message me to make sure I get a chance to read it!) :)

"Do we have any more crosses? Quintus told me to kill this girl, but I didn't see any crossed in the wagons."

"I think we only brought four... The general we just defeated is on one of them... Let me see... And his two brothers are on two of the others... They were just nailed up there this morning I think, so they won't be available for a while... There should be one more though..."

"I didn't see it in the wagons...."

"Oh! Didn't Quintus' slave steal his ring last night?"

"Oh, right!"

"I bet that's where the fourth cross is - they probably crucified him."

"Ok... Well I need something so I can kill this girl..."

"Those trees over there might work...?"

"Yeah... We have plenty of nails?"

"Oh, I think so. Ask Marcus. He should have several, but if not I'm sure you could take a couple from the slave's feet."

"Ok... Any ideas for a cross bar?"

"Uh... Like maybe a board from the wagon we captured?"

"Yeah, I just need something to nail her to..."

"I don't think we're saving the wagon - it's partly burnt. Here - will this work?"

"Yeah, I think that should do it - thanks! And I'll grab one more small one for a titulus. Let's see... I think she tried to run away? Is that it? Did you run away? Yeah, I don't think she speaks Latin. I'm going to say she's a runaway. Here - just put the board down here. Ok, take off your clothes, young lady..."

For a few moments there I imagined that I had little to fear from this pair of Roman dolts. Tasked with crucifying me, they had lost track of the few crosses they had brought with them, and seemed at a loss as to what to do.

I began to hope that the Gods would send a relief party from my people and that I would still be here to see that these two, as well as the ones they called Quintas and Marcus, hang from barbarian crosses.

I laugh at these two idiots thinking they can crucify me using a tree and a broken wagon! it ought to take them half a day to just get started, judging from what little they have been able to accomplish up until now. They’re not even sure what to put on my titulus.

It’s a wonder that Rome has conquered half the world with the likes of these two!

So now they have ordered me to strip ... politely even calling me a lady. Real men would have forcibly stripped and raped me long ago!

I will be amazingly slow about it, I think. ... stall for every last bit of time I can! .. and hope for deliverance!

For a few moments there I imagined that I had little to fear from this pair of Roman dolts. Tasked with crucifying me, they had lost track of the few crosses they had brought with them, and seemed at a loss as to what to do.

I began to hope that the Gods would send a relief party from my people and that I would still be here to see that these two, as well as the ones they called Quintas and Marcus, hang from barbarian crosses.

I laugh at these two idiots thinking they can crucify me using a tree and a broken wagon! it ought to take them half a day to just get started, judging from what little they have been able to accomplish up until now. They’re not even sure what to put on my titulus.

It’s a wonder that Rome has conquered half the world with the likes of these two!

So now they have ordered me to strip ... politely even calling me a lady. Real men would have forcibly stripped and raped me long ago!

I will be amazingly slow about it, I think. ... stall for every last bit of time I can! .. and hope for deliverance!
You'd be amazed what guys like these can do with a few nails, a broken wagon, a tree, and a naked girl. ;)

Every slave in the house of Gaius Septimus knew his (or her) life story from a young age. He was one of the wealthiest men in Rome, and his slaves were the most beautiful and handsome in the empire. He loved to show them off to his guests, and parade them in his entourage when he rode through the city in his litter. And he never, ever sold a slave.

Every slave in his household knew they would never be sold. If a working slave was injured and ended up with an unsightly scar, he wouldn't be good enough for Septimus anymore. If a serving girl's arms lost their tone, or if Septimus spotted a wrinkle on her face, or a gray hair, or if, when he commanded her to strip off her clothes, he noticed her breasts were not as pert as they were when he bought her, she was not good enough anymore.

But Gaius Septimus never sold a slave. Every slave in his house knew that he or she would serve until age disqualified them from serving. Then she would wake up one morning, and Gaius Septimus would order her to select a patibulum from his storehouse and report to his friend, the magistrate. That meant her life was over.

The magistrate would give the order to a few soldiers, and she would march to a busy street, strip naked, and be crucified.

Every slave in the house of Gaius Septimus knew that he or she would die on a cross, naked, and writhing in agony.

Back
Top Bottom