From My Archive 1999 To ?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Is there more of this comic?

I think these are all I have, from 1999, there may have been more frames but I didn't keep them.
crux20.jpg crux21.jpg crux22.jpg

btw sorry I screwed up that post and duplicated the cruxmania pic :(

View attachment 488830 Jolly was at it already back in 1998? :rolleyes:
He's been at it since the year dot. :rolleyes:
BEFORE CF THERE WERE OTHER THINGS TO CONCENTRATE ON. FOR A WHILE THERE I HUNG OUT WITH PESTILENCE - HE NEEDED HELP ON SOME PLAGUES. HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF HIM SINCE ANTIBIOTICS. I LIKE THE BOUTIQUE APPROACH HERE. PEOPLE KEEP COMING BACK. ONE FEELS ONE CAN GET TO KNOW PEOPLE. DOESN'T HURT THAT YOU SEEM TO LIKE ME EITHER. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT, BUT SOMEHOW I'M JUST NOT POPULAR ELSEWHERE, EVEN WITH MY EFFERVESCENT WIT AND ALL. :confused::rolleyes:

First two from 1999, the pictures are much older, House of Milan? I think from the file names that they came from Red's Realm of Romantic Restraint, which I assume is now long defunct or behind a paywall.
Then early Red Feline, another Dark Lord male crux, not sure, Huffkens, Aedilis, Bronson, not sure, not sure.

red2873.jpg red2876.jpg thecross02.jpg DJBCross2.jpg 10d.jpg valley.jpg Doloresbefore.jpg cruc3.jpg ccross6.jpg ALTAIR.JPG

First two from 1999, the pictures are much older, House of Milan? I think from the file names that they came from Red's Realm of Romantic Restraint, which I assume is now long defunct or behind a paywall.
Then early Red Feline, another Dark Lord male crux, not sure, Huffkens, Aedilis, Bronson, not sure, not sure.

I cannot remember that scene in 'Forbidden Planet'?:oops:
But Leslie Nielsen seems to have enjoyed it.:rolleyes:

The Rembrandt always reminds me of how Norman Lindsay adapted the composition for the 'Crucified Venus' of 1912.

Norman Lindsay Crucified Venus 1912.jpg

An early crux drawing, this synthesis of classical and biblical references was removed from the Melbourne Art Show for fear of causing offence until the President of the Society of Artists threatened to withdraw all the other exhibits unless it was reinstated. It was.

That reminds me of this working sketch by David Jones for a painting that has disappeared.
It's interesting, probably too criss-crossed ;) to adapt, but might suggest ideas,
the WW I soldiers especially (he's the David Jones who wrote 'In Parenthesis',
the amazing long poem about his experiences) - and the figures on the crosses
look to me very feminine:

DJ soldiers at cross.jpg

That reminds me of this working sketch by David Jones for a painting that has disappeared.
It's interesting, probably too criss-crossed ;) to adapt, but might suggest ideas,
the WW I soldiers especially (he's the David Jones who wrote 'In Parenthesis',
the amazing long poem about his experiences) - and the figures on the crosses
look to me very feminine:

View attachment 489167

That's a great pic, Eul, and one I haven't seen before! It does have a very WWI feel to it, did he serve in the Holy Land? Very very interesting. I love these little known crux pieces that show up like this, pity the final work is lost.
Norman Lindsay was an interesting fellow, his house is now a museum, up in the Blue Mountains within day trip territory from here.

Here are some more from 2000

ccross2.jpg SHNSV06.JPG cer496.jpg crucify1_2.gif SIC11.JPG master8.jpg notna10.jpg Perversa.jpg heirbahn.jpg 01F-Plinio-Art-Sketch-Being-Nailed.jpg

That's a great pic, Eul, and one I haven't seen before! It does have a very WWI feel to it, did he serve in the Holy Land? Very very interesting. I love these little known crux pieces that show up like this, pity the final work is lost

Love this one!

Cross-over-heirbahn.jpg

Let's go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

The harvest is near!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom