Fun With A Gun

Go to CruxDreams.com
Some simple maths.
in my 'girls with guns folder I have 31 folders each with 26 sub folders, each with between twenty and sixty or so pics.

So you would like to post between 16 120 and 48 360 pics of girls with guns. The cost of running the site has been steadily increasing this last year or so. Whilst the cost of storage is small in comparison to bandwidth it does mount up. In the past when the amount raised through donations fell short of what was needed the bandwidth was restricted. That meant slow response time and pics not showing properly. I'm asking that people show more restraint when uploading huge quantities. The GIMP recently went down and is still recovering.

So you would like to post between 16 120 and 48 360 pics of girls with guns. The cost of running the site has been steadily increasing this last year or so. Whilst the cost of storage is small in comparison to bandwidth it does mount up. In the past when the amount raised through donations fell short of what was needed the bandwidth was restricted. That meant slow response time and pics not showing properly. I'm asking that people show more restraint when uploading huge quantities. The GIMP recently went down and is still recovering.

Maybe do what I did a while back (see here: https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/fun-with-a-gun.4037/page-140#post-603032) I zipped it all up and sent it to a file download service, ufile.io. It's only good for 30 days there but it gives everyone an opportunity. Did anyone take my archive? Did anyone find it useful? I can repost it and post my portrait archive as well.

So where should the trigger finger be and where should the muzzle be pointing? Are we supposed to be mind readers here?
Anyone with experience with firearms would have known where I was going with that.
Off the trigger and out of the well, and pointed towards the ground and certainly not at anyone else if taking a group pic.
I get it, these are "glamour" shots meant to convey how sexy it is to see hot girls holding guns, and while some of them are clearly fakes, others aren't.

I sure hope their wasn't someone stupid enough to stand behind that camera and it was a delayed shot.
Or.. "Anyone with experience with firearms would have known" that you can press a bullet onto a shell without primer or powder to make fake presentation cartridge. Hollywood does it all the time.

I too hope they took one or the other of these routes.

Thanks for fixing it. I know how to do it both ways. I didn't know about that rule, however. Be glad to follow it now that I know.
Yes, uploading full-size adds a lot to the site's costs - which are paid by the site-owner with help from members' voluntary contributions

Some simple maths.
in my 'girls with guns folder I have 31 folders each with 26 sub folders, each with between twenty and sixty or so pics.

If viewers are interested, I can continue to post pics. I have about, 15,000 or so pics I could post.
However, I would like to gauge the interest of members.
What say you?

There is a restaurant, I think in Nevada where all the waitresses open carry. I have more pics somewhere but in my 'girls with guns folder I have 31 folders each with 26 sub folders, each with between twenty and sixty or so pics. Do the math lol!!
The last was a reply to a post from a member, Melissa, please do not quote me out of context. Secondly, I was asking the members of the forum if they wanted me to continue to post pictures. I had been monitoring the numbers of views each pic I posted gathered. If there was little or low interest, I was going to stop, as I did with the 'Girls with Bows' thread. Others may do if they wish.
If the Mods want me to stop by combined agreement, I will do so. It concerns me little.
In the same vein if the forum wants me to stop posting in the threads I have created, I will do so as well, my account maybe deleted and I will grace these pages no more.

I trust that I will at least have the courtesy of a reply?

The last was a reply to a post from a member, Melissa, please do not quote me out of context. Secondly, I was asking the members of the forum if they wanted me to continue to post pictures. I had been monitoring the numbers of views each pic I posted gathered. If there was little or low interest, I was going to stop, as I did with the 'Girls with Bows' thread. Others may do if they wish.
If the Mods want me to stop by combined agreement, I will do so. It concerns me little.
In the same vein if the forum wants me to stop posting in the threads I have created, I will do so as well, my account maybe deleted and I will grace these pages no more.

I trust that I will at least have the courtesy of a reply?
I'm asking for restraint in the number of pics posted. You've already posted many more than 15 000 and you asked for opinions about a further 15 000. At a rate of just 1 sec per pic how many hours of moderating would it need to keep up with your uploads? If you wish to share your vast collection then why not post a few samples and do as previously suggested and compress and package the rest off to interested members.

I'm asking for restraint in the number of pics posted. You've already posted many more than 15 000 and you asked for opinions about a further 15 000. At a rate of just 1 sec per pic how many hours of moderating would it need to keep up with your uploads? If you wish to share your vast collection then why not post a few samples and do as previously suggested and compress and package the rest off to interested members.
Thank you for your courteous reply, I appreciate it.
I would be happy to do that, if I knew however I am far from adept in such matters, some might call me a caveman!
I also am on a fixed income and have limited means I will look into this and see what I can do. For the present I will refrain from further posting in this thread.

Thank you for your courteous reply, I appreciate it.
I would be happy to do that, if I knew however I am far from adept in such matters, some might call me a caveman!
I also am on a fixed income and have limited means I will look into this and see what I can do. For the present I will refrain from further posting in this thread.

If you want to compress it and send it to an external site, there is no cost to do this. Compressing into a file is simple in Windows. Get everything into one folder, and then right click that folder and select "Send To >" and then in the next menu that pops up select "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". Then go to https://ufile.io and upload it there and they will give you a link, copy it and insert it into your message here. I just zipped up a file which is a 20 year old archive of the Yahoo Groups "cheery cheese cake" user group and uploaded it as a test to make sure everything still works and it does.

This is about par for the course for 20 year old files.

If you want to compress it and send it to an external site, there is no cost to do this. Compressing into a file is simple in Windows. Get everything into one folder, and then right click that folder and select "Send To >" and then in the next menu that pops up select "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". Then go to https://ufile.io and upload it there and they will give you a link, copy it and insert it into your message here. I just zipped up a file which is a 20 year old archive of the Yahoo Groups "cheery cheese cake" user group and uploaded it as a test to make sure everything still works and it does.

Thank you, noted post # 2894

Edit, is there a max limit for upload to?

Thank you, noted post # 2894

Edit, is there a max limit for upload to?
Well, if you click on it it says " Drop files here or click to upload files Max 10 files at once, 5GB per file)". The file I uploaded a while back was around 1GB and it worked fine.

Zip up some stuff and try it out. I'd be happy to download all your chicks with guns images to test it out for you! :)

Well, if you click on it it says " Drop files here or click to upload files Max 10 files at once, 5GB per file)". The file I uploaded a while back was around 1GB and it worked fine.

Zip up some stuff and try it out. I'd be happy to download all your chicks with guns images to test it out for you! :)
Thanks, I hope to get to it in a couple of days.

I'm getting a 'riskware' warning from that link.

I'm getting a 'riskware' warning from that link.
I am not sure what riskware warning means. Are you using some plugin that is (falsely) identifying the download as a potential threat? When I try the link I see it as expired because ufile.io only allows free access for a month in order to sell premium access. I uploaded this as an example, not as an indelible long term file I was guaranteeing access to forever. The file itself is just a zip of jpg images, there is no risk of viruses because there are no executable files.

Plus, this was just an example. None of those images were particularly great. If anyone wants me to upload my "best of" archives in landscape and portrait again, I would be happy to do so and I think they will download just fine.

If ufile.io is not considered a safe site, I can try to find another option.

Back
Top Bottom