Galley Slaves Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
Rants are not criticism, they are steam venting. While I (partially) agree with the veracity point you made, I stil don't understand the rant. If fetish is a innate preference, then it's like being angry with people who like the color green.
You seem to misunderstand a crucial point: I am not critisising anybody's fetish.
I just can't stand historical inaccuracies, if they take themselves serious and are not broken by irony. And I am certainly entitled to articulate my feelings about this, just as you are to articulate yours.

You seem to misunderstand a crucial point: I am not critisising anybody's fetish.

A classic fallacy, mon ami. Just because you say something doesn't make it so. In this case, someone has a strong erection seeing naked females rowing. A fetish of which I might partake as well. You CRITICISE the said fetish on various grounds*, not relevant how right they might be for the said erection. You wrap it in disclaimers then you claim the oposite of what you just did.

target.jpg

*historical inaccuracy, wrong timeframe, etc.

Galley slave girls by Templeton is a story by do fantasy . Com have the full collection brilliant experience the story the days of barbary pirates searching the coast line for villages to raid these young slaves where taken in raids I. Villages of the French coast these young wrenches stripped collared shackled marched back to the pirate galley ship a fine haul much coin on the auction block sale for these young animals 120.wenches jn total 60 of these put t work down in the row deck whipping by the overseers and drivers rowing themselves i to market half of 60 slaves left used by the captain paying guests and crew much fucking suckling and whipping I fear market day another story maybe thanks david

Rants are not criticism, they are steam venting. While I (partially) agree with the veracity point you made, I stil don't understand the rant. If fetish is a innate preference, then it's like being angry with people who like the color green.

Me thinks you are the one here who is being overly sensitive. Nothing I saw in the posting that was a "rant" by your definition or any other one I know of.

A matter of perspective I suppose.

What I saw was a comment as to the accuracy of the scene from a historical perspective. Something I have also done in the past (in fact I have made the very same observation) and no one has ever accused me of ranting.

A fantasy is that, nothing more than a creation of a non-reality. There are those of us who prefer our fantasy to be more 'real' if you would. Something that potentially COULD or MAY have happened.

And certainly the original poster did NOT tell the artist\poster to not post that material because they didn't like it.

As an artist (in my case a writer) I APPRECIATE critique of my work as it, once I have evaluated it, may help me be a better writer in the future. One of the things that happened to me in one of my stories is that someone far more knowledgeable than I pointed out that I misused a Latin term. Great, now I know better.

And a critique is different than a criticism or an insult (FAR too many people today do not know the difference). A critique might be "The Roman's never used that sword" you turn it into an insult by adding "you idiot". Where as an criticism is merely "Your work sucks" without any explanation of why my work "sucks" (and some of my best work has been done sucking).

kisses

willowfall

Nothing I saw in the posting that was a "rant" by your definition or any other one I know of.

Looks like everyone is distracted today. In your case the logical fallacy is strawmanning. Someone else used the term 'rant', quoted by me and you then you claimed it's a valid criticism. I was confused why someone (the same person) can get angry (in his own words) about something that's cleary a fetish to a third party. It's a simple concept, really. Why would you be angry that I like green and why you have to explain to me that green is bad because plants don't like it*. Should I have a talk with my dick and explain to him that naked women rowing was not real? Do you think he'd listed? Sometimes he's a dick, you know ...

JD

* true story, plants reflect most of the green wavelenghts, that's why their colour, everything else is yummy and nutritious.

Me thinks you are the one here who is being overly sensitive. Nothing I saw in the posting that was a "rant" by your definition or any other one I know of.

A matter of perspective I suppose.

What I saw was a comment as to the accuracy of the scene from a historical perspective. Something I have also done in the past (in fact I have made the very same observation) and no one has ever accused me of ranting.

A fantasy is that, nothing more than a creation of a non-reality. There are those of us who prefer our fantasy to be more 'real' if you would. Something that potentially COULD or MAY have happened.

And certainly the original poster did NOT tell the artist\poster to not post that material because they didn't like it.

As an artist (in my case a writer) I APPRECIATE critique of my work as it, once I have evaluated it, may help me be a better writer in the future. One of the things that happened to me in one of my stories is that someone far more knowledgeable than I pointed out that I misused a Latin term. Great, now I know better.

And a critique is different than a criticism or an insult (FAR too many people today do not know the difference). A critique might be "The Roman's never used that sword" you turn it into an insult by adding "you idiot". Where as an criticism is merely "Your work sucks" without any explanation of why my work "sucks" (and some of my best work has been done sucking).

kisses

willowfall
Over the years I've learned a simple method to deflect criticism. It involves including two words in your reply, those being "Your mom".
Examples: "You idiot" is met with "Your mom's an idiot".
"Your work sucks" is countered by "Your mom sucks".
This is very effective and guarantees you will always emerge as the person possessing the superior intellect and that your viewpoints are obviously the correct ones.

LOL, a troll ... I'm not sure you understand how the trolling works .. it requires me to get pleasure on you getting angry ... but according to your posts, you were angry BEFORE we had this exchange. Secondly, one of us is here to post original content (shoddy but original, nonetheless) while the other is merely complaining about others' efforts (like in the rowers' row, lol) ... do you see something wrong in this picture when you acuse me of trolling? :D

Peace now, mon ami. Peace.

Last edited:
I just can't stand historical inaccuracies, if they take themselves serious and are not broken by irony. And I am certainly entitled to articulate my feelings about this, just as you are to articulate yours.

Looks like everyone is distracted today. In your case the logical fallacy is strawmanning. Someone else used the term 'rant', quoted by me and you then you claimed it's a valid criticism. I was confused why someone (the same person) can get angry (in his own words) about something that's cleary a fetish to a third party. It's a simple concept, really. Why would you be angry that I like green and why you have to explain to me that green is bad because plants don't like it*. Should I have a talk with my dick and explain to him that naked women rowing was not real? Do you think he'd listed? Sometimes he's a dick, you know ...

JD

* true story, plants reflect most of the green wavelenghts, that's why their colour, everything else is yummy and nutritious.

Over the years I've learned a simple method to deflect criticism. It involves including two words in your reply, those being "Your mom".
Examples: "You idiot" is met with "Your mom's an idiot".
"Your work sucks" is countered by "Your mom sucks".
This is very effective and guarantees you will always emerge as the person possessing the superior intellect and that your viewpoints are obviously the correct ones.

LOL, a troll ... I'm not sure you understand how the trolling works .. it requires me to get pleasure on you getting angry ... but according to your posts, you were angry BEFORE we had this exchange. Secondly, one of us is here to post original content (shoddy but original, nonetheless) while the other is merely complaining about others' efforts (like in the rowers' row, lol) ... do you see something wrong in this picture when you acuse me of trolling? :D

Peace now, mon ami. Peace.
Okay, enough said everyone. Let’s return this thread now to its regularly scheduled programming ;)

Back
Top Bottom