Galley Slaves Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
639461625.jpg
one I’d never seen before. A great scene for a nice back story!

Probably Blue State Slaves...weren't looking where they were going,and somehow ran aground.
As a penance the poor bitches now have to pull the vessel away from the wet mudbank.....and recommence their ardourous toiling at the oars.

View attachment 1174890

Damn fool blue state women. Can’t follow orders! Now see what you’ve done. You’ve run us aground. Now put your backs into it and get the damn ship f
The captain wants the galley beached so that the hull can be properly cleaned of barnacles, these slaves have been chosen to haul it onto the strand. Once the hull is clean, he expects a few more knots in speed and there will be no excuses, the drivers will be expected to urge the lazy sluts on with renewed fervour.

It immediately made me remember this beautiful painting by Telemaco Signorini, "L'alzaia".
These workers were used to pull boats loaded with merchandise along the Arno river, Tuscany, Italy, mid XIX century.
BTW, Signorini is a great painter, from the so called "Macchiaioli" (roughly: stain makers) school.

signorini_alzaia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom