Galley Slaves Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
On a galley, who is clothed, who wears a loincloth, who is naked and who decides who wears what?
I think that's the captain or the ship owner. The passengers, sailors and other civilians are of course fully clothed. The beater and the slave drivers inside the ship only wear a loincloth because of the heat. The rowing slaves are not clothed, because these are just the drive motors and motors do not need any clothing.

I can speak English more o less but when it comes to a long reading, or some specific words, it become difficult to me. Because of this I always try to post images better than words.
By the way, I speak Spanish.
Ah, here you are a new picture.
BarbaryCorsairs02.jpg
All the best,
Dafnees

Thanks.

Here you are a new great picture very expresive one. I like the feeling of this lonely woman.
It's called "The rest" and this is the explanatory text that is beside the picture (found on the web)

A strong breeze on the open ocean filled the galley's sails to the full, like the belly of a pregnant woman. The slave drive below decks shouted at the naked slaves chained on their benches, "Rest oars, whores!!." The women gave huge, audible sigh of relief.
Galley Slaves 220.jpg
One blonde slave girl sat gazing blankly into space, her tired muscles throbbing with fatigue and her heavy breasts resting on her oar."How much more of this can I take?" she asked herself.And then she quickly recalled the long black leather whip of the slave driver and then banished all thoughts of giving up...

All the best,
Dafnees

I don't speak English properly so I'd be delighted with some more pictures of the story of this granny
Those slaves sitting at the hull side are the lowest in the pecking order. It is the wettest and coldest place. More senior slaves sit along the aisle and therefore have more control e.g. passing the food.
So, those at the hull side better submit to the lusts of their neighbours, if they ever want to move to the aisle side themselves!

Back
Top Bottom