Georges Pichard

Go to CruxDreams.com
Right, I noticed those too.
I have to wonder why... if the rest of the drawings are his work... would he need to copy images from Pichard in the first place. The other art is pretty decent on it's own so why steal another artist's work and mix it in. Perhaps the other artwork is also stolen from someone else as well (?).

Maybe, yes, although I suppose it's more likely that he was able to come up with and draw something original but just wanted to save time and effort. I looked through the rest of the comic at the link nsur1 provided and there is a lot more Pichard in there. Basically every single good and interesting drawing is directly copied from Marie Gabrielle. I'm wondering if some of his readers noticed. As far as I know, Pichard was quite well known among people interested in BDSM Comics even back in the seventies and eighties, but his "edgier" stuff like Marie Gabrielle would only have been sold in sex shops or through mail order and I'm not sure if it was availlable in Spain at all.

Maybe, yes, although I suppose it's more likely that he was able to come up with and draw something original but just wanted to save time and effort. I looked through the rest of the comic at the link nsur1 provided and there is a lot more Pichard in there. Basically every single good and interesting drawing is directly copied from Marie Gabrielle. I'm wondering if some of his readers noticed. As far as I know, Pichard was quite well known among people interested in BDSM Comics even back in the seventies and eighties, but his "edgier" stuff like Marie Gabrielle would only have been sold in sex shops or through mail order and I'm not sure if it was availlable in Spain at all.
That is a possibility. It's also possible this work wasn't widely published pre internet, and Pichard or his fans weren't aware of it.

Back
Top Bottom