German and Austrian Culture and Words ( to run away but also having fun with it before )

Go to CruxDreams.com
Within the linked EuroNews - text above, there is a correct German cursing translation suggested:

"Ich bin verdammt nochmal wütend und es ist mir mittlerweile scheißegal!" (=> "I am damned once-again angry and I do not shitty-care!")

But you are all right that there is no really perfect translation possible in German for possible combinations in English with the famous "f-word".
On the other hand, there is a relatively new use of a similar German word with a similar meaning which I once heard after a female colleague at a hotel reception had a quarrel with a woman who refused to wear a protection mask inside the hotel.
The dispute escalated to a point when the stubborn woman was asked to leave the hotel and she called the female receptionist "eine dumme Nutte"! (= "a silly whore").
She was thrown out of the hotel and my colleague stayed relatively polite and correct until we were behind the reception scene in the hotel's bureau, when it broke out of her:
"Diese verfickte blöde Kuh hat mich doch gerade tatsächlich eine dumme Nutte genannt, nur weil ich sie darum gebeten habe, eine Maske zu tragen?!"
(= "This 'much-fucked' stupid cow has really just indeed called me a silly whore, just because I asked her to wear a mask?!")

It seems to me that "verfickt" is derived from "ficken" (= "fucking") and from the "light" German curse "verflixt", which means that something is darned or cursed, e.g. by a witch: You can sometimes hear: "Verflixt nochmal! (= "damned once again!"), but it sounds like a "little" curse and it is not so serious sounding like "Verdammt nochmal!", which means the same.

But "verfickt" is relatively new, absolutely different and funny enough, up to now, I only heard it from relatively young German women.

:eek: ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, but I just wanted to put this somewhere on the internet in order to find it easily again at a later time and I could not find a better place for such quotes than this one, because after her quotation in English, she said in German that she will not translate this into German. She is a famous news correspondent for the most seen German TV news "Tagesschau"! ;):facepalm::rolleyes:

I must admit that a lot of Twitter reactions for Annette Dittert's report from Great Britain on German TV are almost as funny for me as the report itself but one of the last screenshots shocked me a bit because there suddenly seem to be some people in some European countries (Italy, Slovenia, and some more) asking for a German invasion and right now, we Germans are not at all prepared for it. Sorry, but you probably have to fix your problems without us in the foreseeable future: ;)

Ashampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h59m05s_008_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h50m18s_002_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h54m26s_005_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h55m28s_006_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h53m02s_004_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h57m27s_007_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h51m21s_003_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2022_20h49m12s_001_.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom