German and Austrian Culture and Words ( to run away but also having fun with it before )

Go to CruxDreams.com
Are GPS microchips implanted during the corona vaccination so that they can find out where I am at any time? :risas3:
Anyway on the origin of that idea, it seems that it started with language trickery.

The mRNA vaccines encapsulate their payload in 'liposomes' of a size of 200 nanometers or less.

These are also often referred to as 'nanoparticles'.

So someone ran with the idea that 'injecting nanoparticles' means 'injecting nanotechnology' ...

... and of course 'nanotechnology' has to be little robots...

Sometimes, I wonder how people with such ideas can lead "an almost normal life" and find so many others with similar crazy ideas.

At least in German internet forums, they are often writing their crazy ideas in such a very bad German - writing in absolutely correct "High German" is often really difficult (!) - so that many of them arouse easily the attention of the better educated Germans and then, they have to suffer from tough or funny returns or "back-strikes" from the more intelligent average Germans.

Because many of those conspiracy theorists are also right-wing-extremists or real neo-nazis, they sometimes use nazi-symbols for their "subculture" and many of their German opponents from the political left are using persiflages or mockery of their colors, flags or symbols to show how ridiculous they are for them.

In Germany, it has almost become a science of its own to find through all the use of symbols or their opposite use by the enemies of Nazis.
For example, what I found very funny was the use of this swastika parody by left "nazi-hunters" who called themselves "Hooligans against correct Sentence Structure" in internet forums:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.13_03h24m38s_001_.jpg It usually means:

"Great! Now you can be proud of yourself because you have finally managed to write one single sentence of your nazi-propaganda in correct "High German!" !

:roflmao:

Concerning "proud": I have never seen before such silly combinations of (tattooed) nazi symbols like beneath the "storm troopers" which stormed the US Capitol last week.
Even the most famous Swiss newspaper "Neue Zürcher Zeitung" had an article about that and other newspapers wrote that much more countries should outlaw the use of such symbols like Germany or Israel did:

But on the other hand, the extremists then find some almost forgotten old symbols from a completely different history in an opposite sense and use it for their own purposes.
There is one example which really makes me angry, because right-wing-extremists and neo-nazis are using during the last five years or so this flag as their symbol of "resistance" against our German state authorities or against the so-called "Merkel's Corona-dictatorship" etc.:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.13_03h44m32s_002_.jpg
This is the "Wirmer-Flag", which was discussed as the new German flag after the fall of "Third Reich" between the German resistance fighters who tried to kill Hitler on 20th of July 1944. It has the German national colors in similarity to the cross flags of all European Nordic flags like the national flags Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
After 1955 or so, it was almost completely forgotten because the German parliament chose the national flag like we know it today.
But this "Wirmer-Flag" is now suddenly used by German right-wing-extremists and neo-nazis as symbol of their "resistance" against our democracy and this is outrageous for me and certainly also for the heirs of the real resistance fighters against Hitler.

Anton Wirmer, the son of Josef Wirmer, who designed this flag, is truely horrified by the use of this flag by neo-nazis because they are representing everything against his father was fighting in 1944! :

And if you are interested in other symbols, which you could often see used by the crazy people who stormed the US Capitol last week, there are some more informations here below ...
(By the way, in Germany, according to the German legislation and in principle, the German police would have had to intervene before they were on the steps of the Capitol because their symbols on flags were outlawed and the police would have had to take their flags away and collect money fines right in that place.)

in English:

and in German:

and in German some information about the legislation on outlawed nazi symbols in Germany:

Last edited:
Interesting, the first time I hear about the Wirmer Flag.

I just wonder whether the southern states (the old kingdoms and duchies like Baden, Württemberg and Bavaria) would have easily rallied under such a 'nordic' symbol (calling it a 'Piefke-Flag'?).

Maybe, Bavaria might have had a problem because Bavaria had similar "cultural" problems with the Northern "Prussians" as Austria(ns) always had / did, but usually and as long as all other Germans (or German "tribes" ;) ) accepted a new legislation, the Bavarians said: "OK, we insist on our special Bavarian culture and political ideas, but as all the other German federal states accept it, we will do the same, too - but certainly under special Bavarian conditions because 'Mia san mia!'"! (= Bavarian for High German: "Wir sind wir!" or: "We are We!")
:eek:;)

By the way and as far as I know, usually only the Austrians are using the expression "Piefkes" for almost all Germans, the traditional Bavarians are still complaining about the "Northern Germans" by calling almost all of them "Preißn" (= "Prussians").

Last edited:
For the real Bavarian 'Preißn' are not just "Northern Germans" but everyone who is not Bavarian, including those who are living within the borders of 'political Bavaria' (written Bayern' with y) but not members of the bavarian tribe (written 'Baiern' with i).
'Preußen' also includes all kinds of foreigners, statements like "Saupreiß, amerikanischer" (you can put in any national or geographical denomination instead of 'amerikanischer') are not unheard of.

Many, non-bavarian Germans could not help to ask themselves whether a big wall (or many, many of them) seperating a part of Germany from the other was not such a bad idea after all ...

I must admit that I did not hear before the expression "Saupreiß, amerikanischer!" but it is surely possible because "Baiern" are different than almost all other Germans.

I am old enough to remember a Bavarian "TV scandal" in May 1986, in which the Bavarian TV stations were ordered - because of extreme conservative political positions by the Bavarian TV-director (and parts of the Bavarian government) - NOT to broadcast a poltical satire & TV show, which was broadcast everywhere else in Western Germany and possible to be seen in every other part of Germany, even in most of the so-called "German Democratic Republic" of those times.

The German newspapers in the following days were full of satirical jokes and private statements like "I will use the now foreign state of Bavaria only for transit into really free democracies like Austria or the 'un-Bavarian rest of' the Federal Republic of Germany!"

Or: "What is the difference between the GDR and Bavaria?" -> "Even in most parts of the GDR you could receive yesterday the TV of the really free Western Germany, but not in Bavaria!"

That was the day, when many Germans thought for the first time, the wall of the GDR was never really put at its best place.
:eek:

Last edited:
I think, I have got an emotional problem I never had before in such a combination and for the first time, I am not sure what could be the best to do. Last year in August, I posted this story in another thread here.

I am working now in a German hotel with many international guests at night and some guests are really reacting stranger than I had in memory of any kind of human behaviour. The hotel management told us not to serve or accept anyone who refuses to wear a mask during the check-in and to call the police in case of constant refusal. Usually the Germans do all accept to wear masks when asked without hesitation but some mask-refusers are arriving drunk or angry right from the beginning and some are from abroad and when you watch their reactions to our friendly asking for wearing masks ... you can only wonder how mankind succeeded to survive until now. Maybe, it is becoming too hot now in Germany to still use the brain but it is really sometimes more than embarrassing for the crew of this hotel. One of the very pretty and usuall very friendly young female shift leaders told me this dialogue just one hour before I arrived for the night-shift, when an extremely unfriendly man speaking perfect German with a slight unidentified foreign accent arrived to check-in:
- "Ich hab' hier ein Zimmer gebucht und möchte sofort einchecken! (= I booked a room and want to check in immediately!)"
- "Ich möchte Sie darum bitten, eine Schutzmaske zu tragen!" (I would like to ask you to wear a protection mask!)"
- "Hab' dazu gerade keine Lust! (= Have just now no lust for that!)"
- "Dann hab' ich auch keine Lust, Sie zu bedienen oder einzuchecken! Auf Wiedersehen! (Then I have no lust for serving you, too, or checking you in! Good-bye! )"
- "Also das ist doch eine grobe Unverschämtheit von Ihnen! (= So, this is a rude impertinence of you!)"
- "Nein, das ist eine Unverschämtheit, in diesen Zeiten sich selbst und andere in Gefahr zu bringen! Tragen Sie eine Maske oder verlassen Sie das Hotel!" (No, this is an impertinence to endanger others and yourself by not wearing a mask. Wear a mask or leave this hotel!)"
Some mysogynistic insults by this man followed and my colleague took the telephone and said: "Go now or I call the police!" He slowly turned around and went away cursing my colleague and the hotel.
But now imagine this beautiful young female colleague two heads smaller than this angry idiot and he could easily have come around the desk. Some other guests at the lobby were watching and hesitating if they should interfere into this discussion in order to protect her or not. She really trembled a bit although we all felt pity for her and this job can be more exhausting in these times than one year before - may be even more dangerous because such idiots will probably more easily infect themselves and others than normal people.

Last week, I met this young woman every evening in the hotel when our shifts were changing. For me, she seems to look better than ever before and although she seems to be the most seriously working person you could imagine in this hotel, she has a kind of kittenish-coquettish looks at me when she is explaining something to me which seem to be more than surprising. Some days before, we had a misunderstanding and she was talking more than 10 minutes to me about the mistake which was not ours but which led to this misunderstanding - just in order to make sure I should not get angry at her or we should not get angry at each other. I was surprised again because the mistake was not so serious for me and I could not imagine at all to get angry over her or at her because she is usually so extremely friendly to everybody and at the same time always very serious. After her monologue, we both smiled and laughed because she looked again like a kitten or a little fox from the side at me which always made me laugh.
She sometimes reminds me of a bit younger version of Grace Kelly, because - again: believe it or not - she really has this look in her eyes - even more from a side-look, she is really that blonde and she has these blue eyes.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.27_06h45m31s_001__ji.jpg

Similar to this scene, she once told me, I am the best-dressed man in this hotel and now, you probably can imagine what my problem is because she drives me crazy almost every evening we are meeting more and more - just by looking at me this way.
She is said to have a boy-friend but surprisingly - he almost never shows up at parties with her colleages of the hotel and she seems to like me a bit too much for someone who is at her age having a boy-friend of her age.
And now the worst of all problems: She is almost 30 years younger than I am!
I really never had such a problem before.
On the one hand, it is not a very good idea with such a difference in age to start a love affair - even more difficult to do this at the bureau where both of you are working. But on the other hand, if it might work, it could be "Heaven on Earth", could't it?

What would you do?

On the one hand again, I could start a catastrophe - on the other hand, in 25 years we could be looking like these two in this song video:

Man, I hear you!
It maybe happens to most of us in the course of time.
I had this problem years ago when a student, a really charming, beautiful and intelligent person, definitely showed signs of ... sympathy.
I could have gone crazy during nights.

Maybe it helped that I was (and still am) married to a woman already 12 years younger than me and we had the most perfect little baby boy at this time. So I did just nothing. Which was certainly the right thing to do, but believe me, sometimes I terribly regret it.
The young lady was very pissed off, so in the end I can be sure that it was a bit more than 'sympathy'.

If you are single, give it a try, why not. But be aware that you might misinterpret her interest (we old farts are very prone to wishful thinking, when a pretty girl smiles on us).

Wish you all the luck!

Zungur

Thank you very much for your opinion!
In fact, I was always said to be more careful than most of my friends of my age and this could also be the reason for me now really being single.
In any case, I will try to stay as calm and careful as possible and try to look at this situation "like an alien from outside", because I certainly still cannot be sure that she possibly only sees in me a friendly "Vaterfigur" (psychologically: "father figure") with some characteristics, she did not have or know from her reality.
On the other hand, her behaviour during the last three days was really a bit "unusual friendly" and up to now, she never was someone I would have ever regarded as "a vamp" or "a Lolita". As I said, she always seemed to be and she always was more serious in her job than all the other colleagues in this hotel and the relatively fast change in her behaviour is really surprising for me.

Or: Do we just simply have a very full moon with "lunatic behaviour" or is this a miraculous-mysterious time to change from a little cat into a werewolf?

I will have to have a closer look at all the eligible calendars and I will try to find out all the possible scientific explanations for such kinds of "heat changings" in human behaviour ...
;)

Fitting to the theme of this thread I might quote one of Germany's leading philosophers, Ingrid Steeger:
"Aus Fehlern wird man klug,
drum ist einer nicht genug!"*

Go, get her if you can, have fun if it works and no regrets if it don't.

* Sorry, even doing scientific translations from German into English professionally, I have to admit that it is beyond my abilities to do this piece of wisdom justice.

Oh ja, the lovely Ingrid Steeger, one of the very few German "philosophers" who ever was known by almost every male German citizen for her two beautiful, excellent and protruding characteristics, both often the only reason for many "serious German men" to watch such nonsense during the 1970's:

Today, it is simply incredible how many famous persons were coming to such German nonsense productions during the 1970's, similar to Benny Hill's productions in Great Britain during the same time. In this - hrm - "movie" about a bancrupt airline, you can really see "Ivan Rebroff", a famous German singer who usually sang Russian songs because of his incredible voice ranging over four octaves, the actress Iris Berben who is now one of the still best-looking serious German actresses and the famous German satirist Dieter Hildebrandt in the airport's tower:

For the readers who are interested in my private story which I wrote during the last postings:
I know that most scientists say that there is no scientific proof for any effects of a full moon on human behaviour but I once was speaking about that with a relatively high-ranking German police officer who told me: "Yes, I know these scientific research stories but when I check the recorded reports of my police department and compare it with the calendar of full moon times, it tells me a different story. I do not know if the unusual light at night makes people more restless or uneasy or whatever might be the effect, but there is one and I am sure about it. We usually have to register and to report more brawlings, sorts of domectic violence etc. than in other times. This is the only thing I am sure about 'full moon'-stories!"

Last year in summer when "normal" tourists and guests were still permitted, I had three different guests - 2 men, 1 woman - in two consecutive nights which were "unusual" because they seemed to be alone and without luggage and coming from this city or from its neighborhood. I am usually too curious for my job (but hey, the manager told me to deny "suspicious" guests at night !) and after apologizing for my curiosity, I really asked them why they are coming late at night to the hotel:

The first man told me, he works in this city in a bank, was not able to finish his tasks in time, a bit unconcentrated the whole day and left the bank without his keys for his apartment. Now, he could not get back into the bank because the doors to his section closed automatically and could not be reopened until the morning. So, it was cheaper for him to stay in the hotel until he could get his keys back in the morning than to call a locksmith's service for opening his apartment.

The second man the same night one hour later asking for a room was for me a bit like a snorting bull and after my question for the reason to come to me for check-in at 2 o'clock in the morning, he really said: "I just had the quarrel of my life-time with my 'extremely beloved wife' and before I kill her, I better go to a hotel!" (At least, he still tried to be resonable enough to be sarcastic and said "mein über alles geliebtes Eheweib", which sounds in German like from a comedy, because "Weib" is an old word for "woman" which is only used in old-sounding word combinations or as a pejorative word for "woman", but he called her "my over all loved marriage woman" (= mein über alles geliebtes Ehe-Weib) in a neutral, not female form. Hrm, at least there were still some strong feelings for his marriage.
The woman one day later came at 1 o'clock in the morning and said she simply cannot stand one night more with her mother in the same apartment so she had to go to the hotel.

And in all these cases it was a day around full moon. I do not dare imagining what all these people are doing right now at full moon in our lockdown in Germany.

But now my personal story: There is a gay man working in this hotel and because he is also extremely friendly and working there for a longer time, he knows almost everything about everyone and I asked him about me and my young female colleague and her or our strange behaviour during the last week. He said: "Well, everyone here knows now that you are working very well together, laughing a lot with each other and both of you seem to like each other more than most other colleagues. I can only give you the advice to be careful because as far as I know, she should already be married to her friend but there seem to be some obstacles I do not know anything about it. A few weeks ago, I watched her reading a book about solving problems with a loved partner and it is possible that she wants to split but it is also possible that she simply does not know what to do about her relationship with her friend or even that she wants to use you to make him jealous and care more for her. I think, it is the best for you to wait, observe and stay as friendly and cooperative as always, nothing more and nothing less. And remember: Last Tuesday was full moon!"

I think, this is a very good advice and I will stay that way and "observe the situation", but damn, it is hard to tell how much I already like to "observe" her ...
:rolleyes::(:eek::facepalm:

Last edited:
For the readers who are interested in my private story which I wrote during the last postings:
I know that most scientists say that there is no scientific proof for any effects of a full moon on human behaviour but I once was speaking about that with a relatively high-ranking German police officer who told me: "Yes, I know these scientific research stories but when I check the recorded reports of my police department and compare it with the calendar of full moon times, it tells me a different story. I do not know if the unusual light at night makes people more restless or uneasy or whatever might be the effect, but there is one and I am sure about it. We usually have to register and to report more brawlings, sorts of domectic violence etc. than in other times. This is the only thing I am sure about 'full moon'-stories!"

Last year in summer when "normal" tourists and guests were still permitted, I had two different guests - 2 men, 1 woman - in two consecutive nights which were "unusual" because they seemed to be alone and without luggage and coming from this city or from its neighborhood. I am usually too curious for my job (but hey, the manager told me to deny "suspicious" guests at night !) and after apologizing for my curiosity, I really asked them why they are coming late at night to the hotel:

The first man told me, he works in this city in a bank, was not able to finish his tasks in time, a bit unconcentrated the whole day and left the bank without his keys for his apartment. Now, he could not get back into the bank because the doors to his section closed automatically and could not be reopened until the morning. So, it was cheaper for him to stay in the hotel until he could get his keys back in the morning than to call a locksmith's service for opening his apartment.

The second man the same night one hour later asking for a room was for me a bit like a snorting bull and after my question for the reason to come to me for check-in at 2 o'clock in the morning, he really said: "I just had the quarrel of my life-time with my 'extremely beloved wife' and before I kill her, I better go to a hotel!" (At least, he still tried to be resonable enough to be sarcastic and said "mein über alles geliebtes Eheweib", which sounds in German like from a comedy, because "Weib" is an old word for "woman" which is only used in old-sounding word combinations or as a pejorative word for "woman", but he called her "my over all loved marriage woman" (= mein über alles geliebtes Ehe-Weib) in a neutral, not female form. Hrm, at least there were still some strong feelings for his marriage.
The woman one day later came at 1 o'clock in the morning and said she simply cannot stand one night more with her mother in the same apartment so she had to go to the hotel.

And in all these cases it was a day around full moon. I do not dare imagining what all these people are doing right now at full moon in our lockdown in Germany.

But now my personal story: There is a gay man working in this hotel and because he is also extremely friendly and working there for a longer time, he knows almost everything about everyone and I asked him about me and my young female colleague and her or our strange behaviour during the last week. He said: "Well, everyone here knows now that you are working very well together, laughing a lot with each other and both of you seem to like each other more than most other colleagues. I can only give you the advice to be careful because as far as I know, she should already be married to her friend but there seem to be some obstacles I do not know anything about it. A few weeks ago, I watched her reading a book about solving problems with a loved partner and it is possible that she wants to split but it is also possible that she simply does not know what to do about her relationship with her friend or even that she wants to use you to make him jealous and care more for her. I think, it is the best for you to wait, observe and stay as friendly and cooperative as always, nothing more and nothing less. And remember: Last Tuesday was full moon!"

I think, this is a very good advice and I will stay that way and "observe the situation", but damn, it is hard to tell how much I already like to "observe" her ...
:rolleyes::(:eek::facepalm:
There's definitely something to the story about the full moon. When I was still working as a tram driver you could see on full moon nights that there were many more people who behaved aggressively, among themselves or complained loudly about the 'stupid idiot' up there in his driver's cab.

Concerning "observation" of someone you like more than usual. When I look at this picture and compare it with my memory of last Tuesday night last week, this is exactly the upward looking perspective and the kind of look of this young woman at me.
We both started to laugh after 5 seconds because imagine a young blonde, really very beautiful woman with beautiful big blue eyes staring up at you without blinking or any shown emotion for five seconds directly into your eyes like this fox.
Should I laugh because feeling like a male fox or should I rather be afraid and feeling like a gander which will be eaten soon?

I feel like I am having a really biiiiig problem and she seems to be really very "special":

The Look of Her.jpg Such looks could kill (me)!:eek::facepalm:

Last edited:
Blast it! This starts to be horror for me and I always thought to be a very rational thinking man, having my life and my thoughts under control. Forget about it!

The little fox suddenly appeared in my dreams at day and at night; I was seeing her shortly before I woke up in my apartment and later during another sleep together with me on an tropical island during a fantasy holiday. When these were pipe dreams, I have now a bigger problem than before. When these were precognitive dreams, my problems will become bigger and bigger even more - and in the worst case, I will not be able to sleep peacefully for a long time. Damn it!

Even during day-time, the little fox stays with me in my thoughts and keeps me away from sleeping. I will have to find a solution fast and I think I will tell her next week when she is back from a journey that she appeared in my dreams and my subconscious did not want to tell me why. Maybe, she could ...

During the last days and weeks, I had the most sincere conversations and discussions of my life - with several persons - and I came to the conclusion that this relationship with "the little fox" will not really be possible or functioning, because I am rather an old lone wolf and 30 years of lifetime are almost impossible to bridge over.
Now, I only have to convince my subconscious which will be the hardest work, because there were some coincidences again, which seemed to be impossible before and almost sent by my subconscious which seemed to be able to jump into reality ...
For example, Imagine this: She is the most perfect, neatly and tidily person you can imagine, keeping everything around her in perfect order and one day, I told her that I should tidy up my apartment a bit because there is no one else but me but I start to forget where I put some things because I do not separate the advertising mails and the business postal mails every day, so I sometimes have to check all the post from the last three days or so to find a special letter.
She said: "This is terrible because you are on the brink of becoming a messie if you do not check your mail every day! You have to clean up your apartment every day, when you can! It is not so difficult, believe me!"
The very next morning, at the beginning of the shift change, she came very silent to me, cleared her throat a bit and said in a low voice: "Ahem, ... sorry, but could you lend me your receptionist's key for my shift? I could not find mine this morning!"
I had to laugh so uncontrollable that I had to keep my hands at the reception desk in order to keep my equilibrium. This never happened before to her and it happened in the night of my shift changing to her morning shift. This is almost "Karma", isn't it? And this was only one of about three coincidences after I decided trying "to forget her"! It is "madness of Karma", isn't it?
:meparto::rolleyes::eek:

Last edited:
In the meantime, I found a nice article about German "Autobahnen" (= German plural of "Autobahn"), their history, how to use them and how to survive the very fast cars when they are driving on the outer left lane with a speed of 350 km per hour:

In the meantime, I found a nice article about German "Autobahnen" (= German plural of "Autobahn"), their history, how to use them and how to survive the very fast cars when they are driving on the outer left lane with a speed of 350 km per hour:
Although speeding is hardly possible on the Autobahn, either because of long stretches with speeds limits, or because the busy traffic. The Autobahn network is well developed, but, for instance, there are hardly three-lane stretches, which would allow separation between trucks and other traffic.

Back
Top Bottom